I was having this double typing issue last week and thought it was the phone's fault. However this evening i cut my nails and starting tapping the keys with the finger tips of my hand instead the edge of my nails andso far ive only had one double typing incident with the o
    Lucky for you.

Posted with my ? Q10.
    03-24-14 07:57 AM
    I don't have long nails - have always typed, on every bb keyboard i have owned; using my finger tips. Do people actually type with their nails?

Sent from Tapatalk
    03-24-14 08:01 AM
    Actually - i can imagine if someone had long nails, well i guess that is what they would do.

Doesn't take away from the fact that there are a lot of borked keyboards

Sent from Tapatalk
    03-24-14 08:03 AM
    I was having this double typing issue last week and thought it was the phone's fault. However this evening i cut my nails and starting tapping the keys with the finger tips of my hand instead the edge of my nails andso far ive only had one double typing incident with the o
    Tap with nails is very bad man hahh
    Tap with tips man why u were doing this s h I t hah

BHiNDER
    03-24-14 08:03 AM
    My phone recently came back from service where they replaced the keyboard. No software update or wipe was done. Problem is gone now, so it's definitely hardware related.

The bigger problem? I'm sure it'll come back in no time as it has already done so once already.

Posted via CB10
    flyingsolid likes this.
    03-24-14 12:24 PM
    My phone recently came back from service where they replaced the keyboard. No software update or wipe was done. Problem is gone now, so it's definitely hardware related.

The bigger problem? I'm sure it'll come back in no time as it has already done so once already.

Posted via CB10
    I'm sorry but I have to disagree. I believe that they didn't actually replace the keyboard entirely. I had this problem myself and after several months it never came back. My keyboard is working today as great as the day I replaced it. I use it every day, haven't moved and I still have basically the same routines as when the issue first appeared. Right after the replacement I felt the difference and it was big. Keyboard working as it supposed, very smooth without absolutely no double type. Like water and wine.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 02:10 PM
    Well you're lucky. I'm on the third keyboard replacement and the carphonewarehouse guys (London) tell menit is a known hardware fault and they fully swap out the keyboard and the plastic membrane, that sits beneath.

So great you have had that experience. Perhaps you should tell the idiots over here what you did so i can experience that wine.

Sent from Tapatalk
    03-24-14 03:38 PM
    Well you're lucky. I'm on the third keyboard replacement and the carphonewarehouse guys (London) tell menit is a known hardware fault and they fully swap out the keyboard and the plastic membrane, that sits beneath.

So great you have had that experience. Perhaps you should tell the idiots over here what you did so i can experience that wine.

Sent from Tapatalk
    Well... I guess I'm lucky then :-D

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 04:31 PM
    Someone type out a post with out correcting their double typing issue! Would it look like this? "Thee quuick broowwn foox jumps over the lazy doog."

Posted via CB10 for BlackBerry Q10
    "This is my. Test with my BlackBerry Q10 with no keyboard corrections by me the user. However the auto correct is getting smarter and beginning to change the errors for me of my double key press issue. Seems that as of right now it is behaving fairly well, while other times I get multiple errors all in the same sentence. "

Best paragraph I've typed on my Q10 in weeks, naturally now that I'm putting it to the test. Only 1 real error and it was the space bar, which normally is fine.

Posted with my CB-Q10 using the power of " Q "
    03-24-14 11:40 PM
    Do people actually type with their nails?

Sent from Tapatalk
    I normally type with my pinkie toes.

Posted with my CB-Q10 using the power of " Q "
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    03-24-14 11:45 PM
    Someone say to BlackBerry

Do this BlackBerry
    Lisn a human can not type same button 2 times very very fast if button works two times very very fast then it should work single time no need to fix hardwere

Please give update to fix double type

BHiNDER

BHiNDER
    03-25-14 03:43 AM
    My "S" key is beginning to double type, its not that bad now, happens only once in a while, but needless to say I have noticed. It is livable right now, I hope it doesn't get worse though. Anybody experience it start slightly and get worse?
    03-25-14 06:58 AM
    My "S" key is beginning to double type, its not that bad now, happens only once in a while, but needless to say I have noticed. It is livable right now, I hope it doesn't get worse though. Anybody experience it start slightly and get worse?
    That's how it was with me. Now it's much worse.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 07:01 AM
    My phones symptoms has not progressed! Bin the same for *bout 6weeks now! Still don't like the problem though!

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 07:47 AM
    Mine started off small and progressed, getting worse and affecting more keys - for me it was around the n key and the space bar.

Sent from Tapatalk
    03-25-14 09:08 AM
    ^ Based on the above posts, not looking good for me, especially if we have to wait till late 2014 for a new BB.

Also it kind of surprises me up to this point that no one from BlackBerry has addressed the problem, unless I missed it. This will be my second BlackBerry (9900, Q10) with the same issue.
    03-25-14 09:17 AM
    ^ Based on the above posts, not looking good for me, especially if we have to wait till late 2014 for a new BB.

Also it kind of surprises me up to this point that no one from BlackBerry has addressed the problem, unless I missed it. This will be my second BlackBerry (9900, Q10) with the same issue.
    I've had my BlackBerry for a little over 6 months.

I'm not going to buy the new one if they don't even last this long: if I have to replace it, it'll be with something that's reliable.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 09:45 AM
    I have had the Q10 since May 2013.

At first there were problems with text messages not loading (solved by deleting chat history), then there were problems with the unit randomly turning off (still occurs), now I am experiencing problems with double typing.

I have read a lot of comments in this thread and I'm still not sure what to think of this particular issue. Phones left untreated seem to get worse, phones that are fixed can develop the double typing issue again, fixing the keyboard works in some of the cases, etc.

I think this post is more of a rant than anything. I feel a bit ripped off by Blackberry.
    03-25-14 10:29 AM
    Someone say to BlackBerry

Do this BlackBerry
    Lisn a human can not type same button 2 times very very fast if button works two times very very fast then it should work single time no need to fix hardwere

Please give update to fix double type

BHiNDER

BHiNDER
    This is not nearly worded strongly enough.

Posted with my ? Q10.
    03-25-14 10:34 AM
    I sold my BlackBerry shares because of this! The flagship phone I loved gone to hate because of this, and no solution!

Posted via CB10
    Really?

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 (SQN100-3)
    Oddsocket likes this.
    03-25-14 08:42 PM
    Considering that many people who experience double typing on the Q10 have already experienced that issue on their previous BlackBerry devices, maybe double typing has to do with their typing style?

How likely is it that you buy multiple Blackberry devices and they all have manufacturing defects at the same place? You would have to be extremely unlucky, or it might have to do with your usage.

I still agree that BlackBerry should increase their quality and need to take care of Q10 users having double typing issues, but I am just talking from statistics POV.

It is also interesting that there are plenty of people who reported no double typing issue in this thread. http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=912421

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    CNX66 likes this.
    03-25-14 09:46 PM
    Considering that many people who experience double typing on the Q10 have already experienced that issue on their previous BlackBerry devices, maybe double typing has to do with their typing style?

How likely is it that you buy multiple Blackberry devices and they all have manufacturing defects at the same place? You would have to be extremely unlucky, or it might have to do with your usage.

I still agree that BlackBerry should increase their quality and need to take care of Q10 users having double typing issues, but I am just talking from statistics POV.

It is also interesting that there are plenty of people who reported no double typing issue in this thread. About to buy a Q10: a few questions - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

It's probably because we use our keyboards a lot. Heaven forbid! I type multi-paragraph emails from my device on a regular basis. How dare I take advantage of what the device was intended for?!
    03-25-14 09:56 PM

It is also interesting that there are plenty of people who reported no double typing issue in this thread. http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=912421

I have had BlackBerry phones for nearly a decade and this is the first one I've had a double typing issue with, so no it is not typing style.

It is also NOT interesting that some people in another thread do not have a double typing issue, particularly when some in that thread clearly do have the issue. This is a thread specifically for double typing and there are many (29 pages worth, to date) who have reported having this issue.

If you do not have the issue then I am glad for you but do not think that those of us who do have the issue are fools who don't know how to type properly or that our typing styles cause the issue.

Posted with my ? Q10.
    03-25-14 10:08 PM

Never had the problem with my Torch 9810. The abuse that phone took was awful. Now on my second Q10 keyboard and I treat it like gold. Never in a pocket, always in the holster, soft shell case, I take care of it well.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 10:18 PM
    Holy hell my double typing issue has gotten a lot worse this week. Will bring it in to get fixed hopefully...
    03-25-14 10:27 PM
2,502 ... 2122232425 ...