06-30-16 06:04 PM
2,502 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    I'd say I use the keyboard as much as you do, and I also had my keyboard fail on me at about the 4 month mark. My new keyboard is performing flawlessly. It feels different then my old one as well. My thought (which I had just now after reading your post) I bet there are either 2 different factories for the keyboard, or more likely 2 assembly lines within one factory. One line is producing keyboards that wear down prematurely where the other is producing them correctly.

Does anyone still have their faulty keyboard? I have mine at home, Im going to look to see if there is an identifying factory/ line # or anything along those lines.
    You may have a point here. My friends Q10 which he's had longer than I've had mine has a different feel (clicking feel) to his keyboard. He has not yet faced any double typing issue.

Surprisingly enough, after they changed out my keyboard, I feel that my keyboard's clicks now feel more similar to his. Here's to hoping my issue doesn't come back.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 05:45 AM
    What I can't understand is it doesn't happen all the time. If it did, it must be a hardware problem? Sometimes, I can't even type as it all comes out as rubbish. I am trying to find a convenient time to get it fixed.

Btw, it's my "$" key that I am having problems with.

Helen

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 06:09 AM
    I'm on 10.1.0.4200. Most current for T-mobile. I've never installed a leak (much as I'd like 10.2, I NEED wifi calling), and mine has been doing it for months with increased frequency until it became almost unusable. I'm going with hardware.
    I'm the same. Still on 10.1 due to Wifi calling. Called T-mobile and they replaced my phone since under warranty. Now considering buying insurance in case this happens again.

Posted via CB10
    Wikichick likes this.
    02-08-14 07:19 AM
    Today is 6th Feb 2014 andd it is still happening for me.

Posted via CB10
    Is it still happening now? Are you going to get it fixed? I'm finally going to get this cell phone when I get off work today. Since I know all products are not perfect and have some challenging issues to deal with, I believe I'll still love this phone.
    02-08-14 09:25 AM
    I have the t-mo handset protection, and they were excellent about replacing it. Overnight delivery. And the new one feels better. Crisper keyboarding. I'm hoping this one works longer than the 4 months that I used the first one.
    world saviour likes this.
    02-08-14 11:44 AM
    The keypads usually feel different when they're new (more crispy and less squishy) before eventually "breaking in" over time; just a thought for those thinking there are different keypads. I'm not saying you're wrong though.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 01:10 PM
    Great. It has started on my spacebar now. This basically means it puts a period after every woord and capitalises the next word. Because it thinks I want to start a new sentence.

My sym key also doesn't work 50 (like right now it won't work, so I can't add percentage symbol) the time now.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 07:55 PM

Seems like keyboard corruption by moisture - needs replacement of inner keysheet (not physical keyboard). Take it to authorised service centre. Three-hour job.
    02-09-14 11:22 PM
    Just changed the keyboard again, fir the second time. Device is still under warranty. Well, I hope John Chen and team is listening coz this is hsu unacceptable.

It happened exactly after 3 months from the date of last replacement.

BlackBerry Q10 'double typing issue'-img_20140210_162555.jpg

Via my Z30&Q10
    Taigatrommel and Harry_III_UK like this.
    02-10-14 03:18 AM
    Great. It has started on my spacebar now. This basically means it puts a period after every woord and capitalises the next word. Because it thinks I want to start a new sentence.

My sym key also doesn't work 50 (like right now it won't work, so I can't add percentage symbol) the time now.

Posted via CB10
    Had the same problem. Thats why I sent it for repair.

Via my Z30&Q10
    02-10-14 03:21 AM
    I agree with the gent above Re moisture and the effect on the keypad membrane.

Keep the q10 away from moisture, I'd contend a little dessicant pouch/tablet within the phone pouch might help in a preventative sense.
    02-10-14 03:51 AM
    A number of people, myself included, found dusty areas to be the cause. This was discussed. Way back in the thread.

Posted via CBQ10
    02-10-14 05:23 AM
    Seem like me having same issue here after use q10 about 3 month. This double type issue only happen when I type on bbm. Not happen if typing on email compose or notepad. Only at when I type on bbm chat. Any advice?

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 09:30 PM
    My Q10 has started doing the double space also now, right after upgrading to 10.2.1. Really annoying. Given the timing of the upgrade, I would think it's software related. I've just disabled the insert "." feature, having to manually type it out is still faster than going back and correcting the "."'s

Posted via CB10
    AmarBw likes this.
    02-11-14 08:50 PM
    i had this problem it got worse over the course of a few months.. but when it got bad i had to do a security wipe each week for it to get a lil better but then it would go back to the extremes again, also tried updating it to 10.2.1 but that made no difference.. i contacted three who repaired the phone under warranty i think they replaced the phone though seeing as i have a different pin now... but i think as much as people dont want to hear it im agreeing with some others that this is deffinatly a hardware fault in my opinion
    02-12-14 05:38 PM
    Moisture and Dust kind of makes sense for me because I spent 4 months in Mumbai. That's where the problems started. Insane amout of dust and lots of humidity and heat. Which causes moisture on parts when going from AC into the heat.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 12:30 PM
    I have 2 Q10. Same double typing issue on both. Looking at the number of posts on this subject it seems to me the most serious problem on Q10 and the problem itself as an epidemics. I am absolutely disturbed by the problem and by the behavior of blackberry. Mr chen is chatting about professional devices, people that like using keyboard (...) and niche market like lamborghini. he should know that such a spread problem would not be accepted by lamborghini customers and even more it would not be accepted the fact that blackberry is acting like if simply they did not have this problem. Do not they read their forums around? Do not the have the statistics on customer returns? I would expect to receive from Blackberry a note explaining the problem (we may argue if it is sw or hw, but they should have done a failure analysis) and telling me what I have to do if I have this problem. Nothing. Sorry to say that chats from mr chen seem just a way to increase the value of the shares. Btw I am a loyal blackberry user since 2006.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 01:19 AM
    What I find more baffling is that they've been doing keyboards since ages and still manage to mess their latest and greatest qwerty device to date.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 09:59 AM
    This appears to be escalating to a recall worthy problem. Getting ready to send unit for a second repair! Maddening.

Posted via CBQ10
    flyingsolid likes this.
    02-16-14 09:07 PM
    membrane problem -.-! i sent my Q10 once last year and now already 5-6 months without any problem.
    02-16-14 10:12 PM
    membrane problem -.-! i sent my Q10 once last year and now already 5-6 months without any problem.
    If they have really understood the problems and it is related to defective membranes and considering the high number of devices impacted.....what are they waiting for a recall campaign????

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 04:12 AM
    If it is that simple, why are they replacing the defective membranes with the same faulty part? Even without a recall, each device sent for repair should come back with a reliable membrane!

Posted via CBQ10
    02-17-14 06:35 AM
    There might be two reasons for this problem reoccurring.

A) It's a software bug

B) It's a design flaw

I still never heard of any Q5s having this problem.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 09:09 AM
    The Q5 keyboard is quite a bit different than the Q10 keyboard. I have used both and they are not alike at all so it doesn't surprise me the Q5 appears to not have this issue.

Posted via my awesome Q10
    02-17-14 09:17 AM
    This appears to be escalating to a recall worthy problem. Getting ready to send unit for a second repair! Maddening.

Posted via CBQ10
    How long after you had the repair done did the problem take to resurface?
    02-17-14 03:59 PM
2,502 ... 89101112 ...