As you can see from my signature, I've decommissioned the Q10, and downgraded to my old Torch 9810. Sad to say, it's a much better user experience; no double typing!

Now the fun begins; what'll be the next phone?

I'm thinking:

Windows - but apps are lacking.
    One Plus One - awesome hardware.
    Nexus 5 - but no SD slot.

What do you guys recommend?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Windows Phone is a solid platform and you can check for your specific apps at windowsphone.com. It looks like you want an SD card slot, you'll need to check on that too as some models don't have SD card support (yeah, lame, I know). The touchscreen typing experience is a close 2nd only to the Z10 & Z30 in my opinion.
    Basti89 likes this.
    12-22-14 08:46 AM
    Do you mean moving your fingertips across the keyboard like it was the keys of a piano?

Posted via CB10
    yes ...
    all the keyboard is like this...
    the metal is for clicking...
    sometimes it got stuck

i think if the flex cable broken..some button are dead or all the keyboard not responding

i miss the old blackberry..no flex mechanism in the keyboard hw..a lot more durable

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 322469
    Last edited by pecinta_kopi; 12-22-14 at 05:35 PM.
    12-22-14 05:17 PM
    Windows Phone is a solid platform and you can check for your specific apps at windowsphone.com. It looks like you want an SD card slot, you'll need to check on that too as some models don't have SD card support (yeah, lame, I know). The touchscreen typing experience is a close 2nd only to the Z10 & Z30 in my opinion.
    Have you tried the Nexus 5's soft keyboard? If so, how does it compare to the Windows experience?

SD has become important now, since I have become a Sky-Train commuter; a stick lets carry a huge music collection, without having to be selective! haha

12-22-14 06:58 PM
    Have you tried the Nexus 5's soft keyboard? If so, how does it compare to the Windows experience?

SD has become important now, since I have become a Sky-Train commuter; a stick lets carry a huge music collection, without having to be selective! haha

Nope, I think the last Nexus I tried was a 3. I know a lot of people like Swiftkey, but I haven't got the hang of it yet.
    PS, I'm still using my 9650 for Podcasts as I'm still waiting for the native Podcast app on WP 8.1. Yep, the keyboard still works perfectly.
    12-22-14 07:22 PM
    Nope, I think the last Nexus I tried was a 3. I know a lot of people like Swiftkey, but I haven't got the hang of it yet.
    PS, I'm still using my 9650 for Podcasts as I'm still waiting for the native Podcast app on WP 8.1. Yep, the keyboard still works perfectly.
    Are you dual-wielder?

And indeed on the durability of those old keyboards. My original Curve's keyboard lasted for years, as did the keyboard on my 9800 and on this 9810.

Stupid Q10! Such a letdown. LOL

12-22-14 08:08 PM
    Are you dual-wielder?

And indeed on the durability of those old keyboards. My original Curve's keyboard lasted for years, as did the keyboard on my 9800 and on this 9810.

Stupid Q10! Such a letdown. LOL

The keyboard on my 9650 looks like sheet, the paint is chipped and worn off causing all sorts of light leaks, it looks like a Christmas tree at night. But it's never double typed a single letter.
    12-22-14 09:53 PM
    My double typing isn't too bad. But it happens randomly. Can I get warranty replacement?

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 04:29 PM
    My double typing isn't too bad. But it happens randomly. Can I get warranty replacement?

Posted via CB10
    You can, if it's been less than a year since you got the phone. Warranty repair takes place through the carrier.

Best of luck!

12-24-14 06:07 PM
    Cool thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 05:18 PM
    My "i" is the same way. Overly sensitive. Anytime I type a "u" I also get an i next to it. They key doesn't have to be pressed but just touched. Passport in march so ima hold out and trade this one in.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 09:08 PM
    Ordered a keyboard off EBay. They are backlogged! That's got to tell you something.

I'll do the replacement, then sell the Q10. I would feel bad selling it in its current crappy double typing state.

Wonder what a used, in perfect condition, Q10 is going for ....

12-27-14 08:31 PM
    You can, if it's been less than a year since you got the phone. Warranty repair takes place through the carrier.

Best of luck!

Even if its out of warranty you likely can take it to the carrier and they'll replace the keyboard for a nominal fee, Rogers charged me $15. Best $15 I ever spent.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 10:22 PM
    Even if its out of warranty you likely can take it to the carrier and they'll replace the keyboard for a nominal fee, Rogers charged me $15. Best $15 I ever spent.

Posted via CB10
    Good point,n the carrier will still hhandle off-warranty repairs, at cost to the customer.

(Using the Q10 as a browser until. The replacement keyboard comes in).

Blackberry is dead; long live Blackberry!
    12-28-14 11:01 AM
    Q10 brilliant design, questionable execution!
    jope28 likes this.
    12-28-14 12:39 PM
    From my perspective, NOT questionable . . . Absolutely questionable.

However, another one arrived by FedEx a couple of weeks ago, and despite a number of issues, still love the phone. However, it has made me stop and wait before purchasing the PD, the PP or the Classic. Will wait at least eight to twelve months before considering a purchase. Intend to follow all the threads to get a sense of the challenges I would face with any new purchase. First time I have ever waited to purchase a BB product.
    anon(8080272) likes this.
    01-01-15 10:59 PM
    Finally sent the Q10 for replacement under warranty... good thing BlackBerry provides us with 18 months of warranty (my phone us 15minths old)...

In India it takes over a month for the replacement to arrive... have bought the z3 for the time being (the folks at the service centre were offering a OS5 device as a standby, and I just couldn't not muster the courage to go back to the stone age)... nice device...

Coming back to the Q10... should I expect the double typing issues to go away? considering that it's been so much time that this model has been around... surely the new devices would not be having these issues... do they?

Posted via CB10
    01-02-15 09:17 AM
    Your logic is good. Unfortunately the evidence to the contrary, although hardly scientific, seems to indicate otherwise.

Posted Via ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.1.1154 CB10
    01-02-15 10:25 AM
    From my perspective, NOT questionable . . . Absolutely questionable.

However, another one arrived by FedEx a couple of weeks ago, and despite a number of issues, still love the phone. However, it has made me stop and wait before purchasing the PD, the PP or the Classic. Will wait at least eight to twelve months before considering a purchase. Intend to follow all the threads to get a sense of the challenges I would face with any new purchase. First time I have ever waited to purchase a BB product.
    Well advised. The fact BB has remained silentt on the subject is what gives me the most pause.

01-02-15 02:22 PM
    Finally sent the Q10 for replacement under warranty... good thing BlackBerry provides us with 18 months of warranty (my phone us 15minths old)...

In India it takes over a month for the replacement to arrive... have bought the z3 for the time being (the folks at the service centre were offering a OS5 device as a standby, and I just couldn't not muster the courage to go back to the stone age)... nice device...

Coming back to the Q10... should I expect the double typing issues to go away? considering that it's been so much time that this model has been around... surely the new devices would not be having these issues... do they?

Posted via CB10
    It appears that whether new or old, the risk remains.

theravindra likes this.
    01-02-15 02:23 PM
    It appears that whether new or old, the risk remains.

Risk and I dare add likelihood!

Posted Via ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.1.1154 CB10
    01-03-15 06:14 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ly-too-954608/

I encourage everyone with the double typing issue to try this method before deciding to replace their keyboard. I did it and my double typing issue is gone. I didn't rearrange the metal pieces though I just removed the sticky layer and reattached it.
    anon(8080272) likes this.
    01-04-15 11:01 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ly-too-954608/

I encourage everyone with the double typing issue to try this method before deciding to replace their keyboard. I did it and my double typing issue is gone. I didn't rearrange the metal pieces though I just removed the sticky layer and reattached it.
    Good tip.

I'm thinking of attempting a refurbb on the current (double typing)y keyboarrdd after my replacement arrives. That wayy, if I destroy this one, I hhave. A backup!

TheAuthority likes this.
    01-04-15 12:57 PM
    Wish they'd upgrade us Q10 owners, to a sensitive-touch keypad upgrade.

:wishing;

Posted via CB10
    anon(3072139) likes this.
    01-04-15 02:15 PM
    Good tip.

I'm thinking of attempting a refurbb on the current (double typing)y keyboarrdd after my replacement arrives. That wayy, if I destroy this one, I hhave. A backup!

It's worth it. I actually bought and installed a new keyboard then repaired the old one and reinstalled it. I like the feel of my old keyboard better

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 02:53 PM
    Wish they'd upgrade us Q10 owners, to a sensitive-touch keypad upgrade.

:wishing;

Posted via CB10
    Yeah that would be great

Posted via CB10
    IFCArea51 likes this.
    01-04-15 02:54 PM
2,502 ... 8384858687 ...