For most of us, the tactile feel hasn't changed either! It's not like the keys are sticky or anything. You can try to check if there is an option to disable the automatic period entry when hitting the spacebar twice, however you might end up with having a double space instead.
    Even though it might've appeared after updating the software, it most likely isn't caused by that specific software update.
    I know it has nothing to do with hitting the spacebar twice because like when I type the word "this" that is far away from space bar it will still end up with a period. Since I bought my Q10 twice hitting spacebar is period for me and never had a problem. It's just recent issue. It doesn?t always happen though but I notice it of course because I use my phone for messaging every single day.

via Q10
    08-24-14 08:23 AM
    Fyi, I updated to the latest 10.3 leak the day it came out, using my unaffected keyboard. Swapped in my old keyboard that had given me double typing, and I then suffered from the double typing.

Posted via CB10
    Taigatrommel and flyingsolid like this.
    08-24-14 09:58 AM
    Fyi, I updated to the latest 10.3 leak the day it came out, using my unaffected keyboard. Swapped in my old keyboard that had given me double typing, and I then suffered from the double typing.

Posted via CB10
    Clearly demonstrates it's a hardware issue in this case. My Q10 is just a month old and I'm hoping it doesn't develop this problem. No matter. I'm still planning to order a spare keyboard, just in case.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 10:02 AM
    Clearly demonstrates it's a hardware issue in this case. My Q10 is just a month old and I'm hoping it doesn't develop this problem. No matter. I'm still planning to order a spare keyboard, just in case.

Posted via CB10
    I ordered a new keyboard after mine became hypersensitive. I had a problem with Y and O letters. After I replaced I got same issue with W and O. I decided to fix that myself and now I have 2 working keyboards.
    What I'm trying to say is that brand new spare part from BlackBerry is not a cure. Unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 01:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    So, it's software caused then, right? LOLz

Blackberry is dead; long live Blackberry!
    08-24-14 03:18 PM
    Will Blackberry fix mine although mine is past warranty. If so where to bring it.

Thanks
    08-24-14 05:51 PM
    Will Blackberry fix mine although mine is past warranty. If so where to bring it.

Thanks
    Not officially but if you contact your carrier and are clear that this is a known defect, if they contact the right BlackBerry representative, collectively they will work out a solution. This is based on my own experience and some others documented above.

Posted via CB10
    flyingsolid likes this.
    08-24-14 07:01 PM
    Is there still a consensus that the squishy keyboards double-type and the clicky ones are free of the issue? Just curious

+-keystroke queen-+
    08-25-14 02:02 AM
    Is there still a consensus that the squishy keyboards double-type and the clicky ones are free of the issue? Just curious

+-keystroke queen-+
    No. I have experienced the problem with both.

Posted via CB10
    flyingsolid likes this.
    08-25-14 08:23 AM
    So after sitting on my desk for the last couple of months and the new 10.3 peaking my interest. I powered up my double typing Q10 installed the leak. After playing with the new OS I realize just how much I missed this phone. Sure the double tap is gone, and i'm sure that it will come back but in the mean time, I do believe that i'll be switching back to this thing as my daily driver.
    Call me foolish but putting up with the annoyance. I just really like this device.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 05:12 PM
    After three hours of use, my double tap has reappeared ever so slightly. Starting with the O, which has always been the main problem.
    So sad, the last three hours have been a tease.

Posted via CB10
    flyingsolid likes this.
    08-25-14 05:52 PM
    And so iot begions! It just my Q10 which I have had about 6 months has started double tyooing the o key loovely!

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 10:34 PM
    No. I have experienced the problem with both.

Posted via CB10
    Likewise.

Blackberry is dead; long live Blackberry!
    08-27-14 09:07 PM
    Replaced keyboard for the third time one month ago. First double type appeared today with the 'a' key. Q10 now 15 months old.

Here we go again...

Posted via CB10
    flyingsolid likes this.
    08-27-14 09:21 PM
    I got the double typing issue after sprints OS update...it happens to random letters. But hey it fixed the double space no more periods in mid sentence.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 01:36 PM
    So what's the best source for a new keyboard? Anyone purchase one off ali express?

I don't mind installing a new one myself. I get the double type issue mostly with my a key and sometimes I.

Though it doesn't happen a ton yet.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 06:25 PM
    Yesterday, I gave in, finally. I love the Q10, but the double typing has steadily been becoming worse. So, as have others, I used a link on this post to the eBay site and purchased the keyboard, housing, and silver band to replace my keyboard. Now, my only concern is that I will actually be at the address I used for the shipper . . . Hope this will solve ALL my issues!
    08-29-14 12:25 PM
    Had same issue with 9900 some months ago. Did all the recommendations that didn't work. Replaced the keyboard. Fixed the problem. No issues or worries since..
    Defective keyboard. Have it replaced/repaired.
    08-29-14 01:46 PM
    So less than a week later after playing with my Q10, i've just ordered a replacement keyboard online.

Playing with the phone last weekend had made me realize just how much like love this device.
    Sure the screen is smaller, sure I type faster on the Z10 and lastly I take better pictures with the Z10, I just miss how well this phone feels.

Fingers crossed that the replacement works out.

Posted via CB10
    Dave Liao and ilmizi like this.
    08-29-14 06:39 PM
    So less than a week later after playing with my Q10, i've just ordered a replacement keyboard online.

Playing with the phone last weekend had made me realize just how much like love this device.
    Sure the screen is smaller, sure I type faster on the Z10 and lastly I take better pictures with the Z10, I just miss how well this phone feels.

Fingers crossed that the replacement works out.

Posted via CB10
    Indeed, the Q10 is a very beautiful device.

First thing you will notice and love once you have assembled the new keyboard, is how stiff and reactive it feels. Not as clickety, clackity as it's sister (the Q5), but the sound is there.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 03:00 PM
    And so iot begions! It just my Q10 which I have had about 6 months has started double tyooing the o key loovely!

Posted via CB10
    This problem has been already solved. I had the same issue. There is a hardware problem with the keyboard. Some letters become too sensitive because of defective keyboard. The problem is that getting a spare keyboard you can't be guaranteed. I can be also defective. And the worst thing is that it will be ok in the beginning. But after a couple of months it will start over.
    Check the forum for hypersensitive keyboard problem solved. At least you will find out the reason why it's so buggy.
    Good luck

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 03:25 PM
    After installing the last official 10.2.1.2977 update, my brief double typing issue (thankfully) completely disappeared.
    08-31-14 03:34 AM
    My phone is 20 days old...and I am experiencing periodic double typing with random letters, though the frequency is less. I have the latest official update (10.2.1.2977) but still it happens! Can't claim warranty because it doesn't happen too often. But I can assure you its not a hardware problem. If it's faulty I'm sure it would happen all the time. Moreover I take a lot of care of my phone, preventing it from dust and moisture. Waiting for the 10.3 update...fingers crossed!!

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 04:10 AM
    I don't know exactly what causes double typing, but I had a problem with hypersensitivity of my Q10 keyboard.
    The problem was solved by disassembling keyboard and fixing the bug. It is all about hardware, not software.
    Seems to me these problems both come from defective keyboard. And the tricky thing is that it's not gonna show up in the beginning, on the brand new device. It will start up later as the rubber on your keyboard softens by the time. For me it took a couple of months.

Posted via CB10
    What bug is this you speak off? I would like to give it a shot before going to the shop to get my keyboard replaced

Edit: my apologies, found your thread.
    Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 12:33 PM
    My phone is 20 days old...and I am experiencing periodic double typing with random letters, though the frequency is less. I have the latest official update (10.2.1.2977) but still it happens! Can't claim warranty because it doesn't happen too often. But I can assure you its not a hardware problem. If it's faulty I'm sure it would happen all the time. Moreover I take a lot of care of my phone, preventing it from dust and moisture. Waiting for the 10.3 update...fingers crossed!!

Posted via CB10
    Hi kanungoash. It seems for some users it is a software issue (like myself), for others it is a faulty hardware, which needs to be fixed with either a complete keyboard replacement (through carrier, if you are still under warranty) or a repair like ILMIZI has done, shown in the thread below:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ly-too-954608/

Will your warranty run out before the 10.3 update, which is rumoured to be out in November/December? If so, then it might be worth it to replace the keyboard or phone through your carrier. It would be disappointing if it turned out to be a hardware issue, and your warranty ran before you discovered it wasn't software related. Something to think about anyway. Hopefully, your issue is software related, like mine, and not hardware.
    08-31-14 05:13 PM
2,502 ... 7374757677 ...