Picked mine up from a guy on CL who said he didn't have the issue. I wasn't able to test it beyond the activation screen. Just my luck... No warranty from Verizon in this case, so are my only options to beg BB to fix what is obviously a flaw, or replace the keyboard myself? I'm not afraid to attempt it myself but would rather BB just send me a working device. The thing is useless in its current state.
    06-20-14 11:12 AM
    Well, one month later with the keyboard I replaced myself and I'm already having double typing AGAIN. It's mostly with my 'T' and space keys.

I'm a bit weary about getting the new Passport or Classic because of this kind of reliability.

Looks like I'm going to have to buy a new keyboard again...

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    flyingsolid likes this.
    06-20-14 12:02 PM
    "I'm a bit weary about getting the new Passport or Classic because of this kind of reliability." Understandable given your and other's problems. Wonder about reliability experiences of users world wide. Is this design flaws leading to durability problems, or manufacturing shortcoming?

I question how reliable these new units might be. Don't be a early res ponder!
    anon(8080272) likes this.
    06-20-14 01:26 PM
    "I'm a bit weary about getting the new Passport or Classic because of this kind of reliability." Understandable given your and other's problems. Wonder about reliability experiences of users world wide. Is this design flaws leading to durability problems, or manufacturing shortcoming?

I question how reliable these new units might be. Don't be a early res ponder!
    If there's no change in the type of hardware and software from what the Q10 uses, I'd expect the same results.

Posted via CB10
    asat1 likes this.
    06-20-14 02:17 PM
    If there's no change in the type of hardware and software from what the Q10 uses, I'd expect the same results.

Posted via CB10
    Precisely. Doing the same thing oveer and oveer again and expecting differeent eresults is the definition of insanity.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-14 03:21 PM
    Finally got a dialogue going with somebody on the end of @blackberryhelp via direct message. They are listening to my concerns... at least some progress... will report back to see if they extend the 90 day warranty on replacement keyboards.
    06-25-14 01:00 AM
    How long has it taken people on average for their Q10s to develop the double typing issue? You guys are making me feel paranoid but so far all is fine with my BlackBerry.
    06-25-14 03:31 AM
    How long has it taken people on average for their Q10s to develop the double typing issue? You guys are making me feel paranoid but so far all is fine with my BlackBerry.
    Someone threw the figure of 6 months out there, that's about my experience [no double typing this post]

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 08:54 AM
    Took mine about 9 months. Just got a replacement yesterday. The jury is out!

Q10
    06-25-14 09:28 AM
    I've got my Q10 for a few weeks now and still no double typing issues:$

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 10:08 AM
    You guys make me paranoid even though I'm not a heavy user but dealing with warranty here would be such a long and unpleasant thing. Been using this phone for a week now and I just can't get enough of it.
    06-25-14 10:09 AM
    6 months the first time, 4 months the second time.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 10:19 AM
    Just passed my 3 month mark and still no double type issues. Hopefully it stays that way!

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    06-25-14 10:30 AM
    Success! I ordered a replacement keyboard via Amazon and managed to follow a tutorial on Youtube. No issues since the replacement.

I would suggest anyone give it a shot if you're at all comfortable taking things apart. I dabbled in watchmaking in the past, so have on hand a variety of tools suited for tiny screws. I used a straight blade driver, but if you're buying a set you might as well get the torx and pentalobes. I also found a set of needlenose tweezers to be very helpful for pulling and aligning screws.

Best of luck!
    06-25-14 12:00 PM
    It seems my double typing got BETTER. No clue why, maybe I type differently. It is still there but by far not that often as it used to be.

(only one double typing in this text where auto correct took care of)

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 12:18 PM
    So, I am sure it has been written already but basically there is a high possibility that this issue can be solved by simply replacing the keyboard? Maybe I should get a a few spare ones just in case, lol.
    06-25-14 12:27 PM
    Unfortunately it took 4 months for it to happen to me.
    I've given up on it and went back to my Z10. replaced the battery in the Z and made it feel all new again.
    06-25-14 12:34 PM
    Verizon is sending my 5th Q10 now. That is four defective keyboards in 8 months. The last 2 only lasted a month to 6 weeks. I am hoping to last long enough under warranty for the Q20 to come out and I can make the switch.
    06-25-14 01:52 PM
    Verizon is sending my 5th Q10 now. That is four defective keyboards in 8 months. The last 2 only lasted a month to 6 weeks. I am hoping to last long enough under warranty for the Q20 to come out and I can make the switch.
    That's just way to much, practically unbelievable. You must have really good patience..
    06-25-14 02:00 PM
    That's just way to much, practically unbelievable. You must have really good patience..
    If there were ANY other reasonable choices for a smartphone with keyboard, I would have switched long ago. I wonder what percentage of users are sticking with BB because of the highly functional hard keyboard? The other manufacturers obviously feel there is not enough of a market to offer a competitive hard key product. Oh,well, I will be back up and going tomorrow with a new Q10
    06-25-14 02:08 PM
    Took phone #1 about 8 months for me. A second line I got about 7 months ago is still fine. A replacement for phone #1 I got a couple of months ago already experiencing the issue.

Posted with my ? Q10.
    flyingsolid likes this.
    06-25-14 02:22 PM
    Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 05:15 PM
    5 months zero double typing! After 5 months I get some here and there! Not enough to justify replacing the keyboard yet! Hopefully never...

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 05:16 PM
    It seems my double typing got BETTER. No clue why, maybe I type differently. It is still there but by far not that often as it used to be.

(only one double typing in this text where auto correct took care of)

Posted via CB10
    Same for me except today was bad. I have had a few weeks of minor double typing, maybe I can make it to end of contract [no doouble typing..oh well]

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 11:01 PM
    I've had my Q10 almost a year - got it July 2013. Double typing started after loading 3175. Until I saw this thread I thought it was my typing skills. LOL

I believe it's OS related but I could be wrong. Only a new OS will tell. But I'm running 10.3.0.296 right now, typed this whole post and no issues.

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.0.296 & Z30STA100-3/ 10.3.0.296
    06-25-14 11:14 PM
2,502 ... 5960616263 ...