Great. We have another candidate for bberry customer service. You too are fitting perfectly with bberry view of taking care of customer claims.
    In anycase, I did not take into account to buy a defective device when I spent 700Euro for it

Posted via CB10
    What's even worse is that BlackBerry keeps claiming they have the best keyboards and their main target is enterprise. Don't think Obama would appreciate double typing when he sends his emails.

No wonder they looking into LG and Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 02:29 PM
    Well i don't know what blackberry he's using but it probably isn't a q10 as clearly there is something wrong with the keyboard assembly.

Sure, some don't experience the issue but many others do. I've had the keyboard replaced twice, at the carphonewarehouse, and it is in for the third replacement. To be honest I'm probably going to get a credit card chargeback on this. I've never had a problem with the blackberry keyboards, apart from the lower end curve line.

Either ay i don't know what it is, but something is wrong somewhere. I initially thought it was the first batch of q's that were shoved out the door, to meet the sales deadline. Now i am not sure. Odd.

Sent from Tapatalk
    03-21-14 03:21 PM
    I'm sure your comment will make everyone in this thread feel so much better about having spent hundreds of bucks on broken phones.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    I'm having this double typing issue as well, aand I type essays on this. Perhaps it's because my issue isn't as severe as yours, but I don't find it that big of a deal... I spent the cash just like you and I'm fine...

Posted via CB10 for BlackBerry Q10
    03-21-14 04:25 PM
    I'm having this double typing issue as well, aand I type essays on this. Perhaps it's because my issue isn't as severe as yours, but I don't find it that big of a deal... I spent the cash just like you and I'm fine...

Good for you. I'm not. Neither are most of the people in this thread.

If we were, we wouldn't be here getting angry about it.
    go1ndr likes this.
    03-21-14 04:47 PM
    Good for you. I'm not. Neither are most of the people in this thread.

If we were, we wouldn't be here getting angry about it.
    Alright I get it. Sorry, for being so insensitive, just didn't seem like that big a deal to me... I'll bugger off, but you guys have my support if this is that big a deal...

Oddsocket likes this.
    03-21-14 06:41 PM
    Hay anyone notice in android apps
    There is no double type

BHiNDER
    03-21-14 07:45 PM
    Alright I get it. Sorry, for being so insensitive, just didn't seem like that big a deal to me... I'll bugger off, but you guys have my support if this is that big a deal...

It is annoying but as I've stated earlier, it's not as frustrating as it would be typing on an iPhone or Android. I have learned to deal.

Posted with my ? Q10.
    03-21-14 07:45 PM
    There is no double type

BHiNDER
    I have no apps that have text writing areas, but I just typed a bunch into Pandora's search box with no duplicates. I'm going to grab a notepad like app and try again.

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on my Qued10 in CB10
    03-21-14 09:36 PM
    There is no double type

BHiNDER
    Just downloaded a notepad app via Snap. I got duplicate "P"s.

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on my Qued10 in CB10
    03-21-14 09:49 PM
    Hi guys

As I said a few days before, I have this double typing issue and BlackBerry in UAE would replace my keyboard for 136 $...
    I have been to several repair shops and most of them told me that it's not possible to find an AZERTY keyboard for my French Q10.

Only one shop told me that it can order a QWERTY keyboard, dissamble it and mix my AZERTY letters with the new keyboard membrane. The price is honest (almost 50 $).

Before giving them my phone, I wanted to ask the Crackberry community. Is it possible to mix the AZERTY letters of my current keyboard with the membrane of a Qwerty keyboard as this guy told me ? I'm affraid that my new keyboard would work like a Qwerty one and not like an Azerty.

Thank you in advance !
    I don't think this would work based on my knowledge with [laptop] keyboards. Keyboards are like a huge matrix that send a X and Y coordinates to a small chip that transfers it to a ASCI code or whatever else character code to the input buffer of the CPU/OS.

So swapping the visible part of the key will not change the character code that it represents. It might be possible to reprogram that keyboard chip but you need someone really geeky for this.

//Some forum moderators at some forums are like communist
    03-21-14 10:45 PM
    Double typing happens in android apps as well.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 11:48 PM
    Hi guys

As I said a few days before, I have this double typing issue and BlackBerry in UAE would replace my keyboard for 136 $...
    I have been to several repair shops and most of them told me that it's not possible to find an AZERTY keyboard for my French Q10.

Only one shop told me that it can order a QWERTY keyboard, dissamble it and mix my AZERTY letters with the new keyboard membrane. The price is honest (almost 50 $).

Before giving them my phone, I wanted to ask the Crackberry community. Is it possible to mix the AZERTY letters of my current keyboard with the membrane of a Qwerty keyboard as this guy told me ? I'm affraid that my new keyboard would work like a Qwerty one and not like an Azerty.

Thank you in advance !
    I don't know if the following can solve your problem. Assume you have a QWERTY keyboard on your q10. Go to SETTINGS then LANGUAGE AND INPUT then INPUT LANGUAGES then click on the first of the SELECTED LANGUAGES (for instance english, if you have that). At this pooint youn select AZERTY from the options. That's all. From this moment your keyboard will work as AZERTY, ie you will get a when pushing the q placed top left on the keyboard. Needlell to say the button won't phisically move on the keyboard . Just to stay OT: I have 2 Q10 both with double type issue

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 02:20 AM
    I don't think this would work based on my knowledge with [laptop] keyboards. Keyboards are like a huge matrix that send a X and Y coordinates to a small chip that transfers it to a ASCI code or whatever else character code to the input buffer of the CPU/OS.

So swapping the visible part of the key will not change the character code that it represents. It might be possible to reprogram that keyboard chip but you need someone really geeky for this.

//Some forum moderators at some forums are like communist
    I was thinking the same thing so that's why I wanted first to ask the forum. Thank you very much !

I don't know if the following can solve your problem. Assume you have a QWERTY keyboard on your q10. Go to SETTINGS then LANGUAGE AND INPUT then INPUT LANGUAGES then click on the first of the SELECTED LANGUAGES (for instance english, if you have that). At this pooint youn select AZERTY from the options. That's all. From this moment your keyboard will work as AZERTY, ie you will get a when pushing the q placed top left on the keyboard. Needlell to say the button won't phisically move on the keyboard . Just to stay OT: I have 2 Q10 both with double type issue

Posted via CB10
    This is a very good idea, I didn't know that we could change the keyboard settings to go from azerty to Qwerty.
    I will try first to ship an Azerty keyboard from France to UAE but if I can't I will apply your suggestion.

Thank you guys !
    03-22-14 03:11 AM
    I found myself playing more games and doing more web browsing. I avoided emailing and posting on forums, and when I had to, I kept it as brief as possible. The constantly appearing and disappearing keyboard was giving me vertigo, and typing was noticeably slower. The suggested words were good, but it still takes time to read the word and decide whether or not to use it.

There is no universal search on the Z10, even if you bring up the keyboard on the home screen. There are only 9 speed dial numbers available, and it's just as cumbersome to get to them as it was on Q10 on 10.1. And the battery was dead by 5 PM.

I couldn't wait to get back to the real keyboard. I'm very much looking forward to a bigger screen Q-series device.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, for sure, I'm looking forward to a bigger screen Q myself but also a more powerful one ; ) a beast if possible ) os, love it so far :d

Posted via my sexy q10
    03-22-14 03:17 AM
    Agreed, im looking forward to a big screened Q also... With the purported function keys back - well i know i will be buying that phone when it is released. Even though I've had severe issues with the q10 keyboard. I'm addicted. I have a problem.

Sent from Tapatalk
    03-22-14 06:15 AM
    Ya I get double typing on my Android apps also like Viber! No escape!

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 07:56 AM
    Couldn't take it any longer and took my Q10 in to be repaired yesterday. I broke out my old 9900 to use as the Q10 is getting repaired. Wow, it is nice to use a keyboard that works! I am absolutely convinced the Q10 has some serious hardware problems.
    03-22-14 11:03 AM
    There is no double type

BHiNDER
    Not true, just trying to pi$$ people off.

Posted with my ? Q10.
    03-22-14 11:05 AM
    Couldn't take it any longer and took my Q10 in to be repaired yesterday. I broke out my old 9900 to use as the Q10 is getting repaired. Wow, it is nice to use a keyboard that works! I am absolutely convinced the Q10 has some serious hardware problems.
    My 9900, that I still use for work, has the double-type issue as well. Glad yours is good though.
    03-22-14 12:15 PM
    Yeah - glad your 9900 is doing good. My one has the double type issue as well. The 9780 and 9700 - they never had the issue at all. Tank like. But then every one has a different experience.

Sent from Tapatalk
    03-22-14 12:43 PM
    Yeah - glad your 9900 is doing good. My one has the double type issue as well. The 9780 and 9700 - they never had the issue at all. Tank like. But then every one has a different experience.

Sent from Tapatalk
    My 9780 has the issue as well. That's what makes me so mad...3 devices spanning over 3 years and they still haven't improved the quality of their hardware.
    03-22-14 01:02 PM
    You are probably right. My son has been using my 9900 and said that he was getting the double typing issue, I just haven't used it enough to notice the problem. That being said, I used the 9900 for a couple years before it started going bad. The Q-10 started after about 3 months. I am afraid BB took some quality shortcuts on the membrane over time as they have tried to remain competitive. Wrong place to cut corners!
    03-22-14 01:08 PM
    Hmmm... Wrong place indeed.

I have gone through two cooler master quickfire tk mechanical keyboards, with cherry mx brown keys.

Everyone seems to say they are brilliant but mine kept double typing. I checked the forums and people were complaining about it in the same fashion we are here...

I'm off to try a razer blackwidow ultimate with their new orange switches (own manufactured clones of the cherry mx browns) on Monday from razer uk - my point is that a critical user interface device is not where you want to cut corners.

What a pain in the rear.

Shame to hear the 9780 also was having issues - my wife is currently using mine as she has had enough with the iphone 5s battery and i swear; it is scarred and the keys are peeling, but that plucky thing is performing like a champion.

Each person has their own experience

Sent from Tapatalk
    03-22-14 01:51 PM
    Here are the facts:

- People seem to get this problem over time.
    - It's not a software bug as resetting software doesn't fix issue.
    - While we can't say for sure but Q5 doesn't seem to have this problem.
    - It plagues all variations of Q10
    - Replacing keyboard, although fixes the issue for a while, problem seems to come back.
    - After opening my old keyboard, I noticed the membrane was in pristine condition yet I had double typing.

Here is my assessment that seems to fit with all the facts we have accumulated so far and why some people have worse double typing than others over time.

This might be not issue of keyboard mechanics but rather issue of design. My hunch is its a design issue where dust and other debris might be getting between the keys and triggering double typing. There is also a chance during assembly the keyboard isn't properly installed and some keys might not have settled properly.

Two days ago I noticed that my space bar started to have a clicky sound and my double typing got worse. I opened the bottom face plate that exposes the keys underneath and tugged and pulled the spacebar a bit, and I blew underneath all the keys with air compressor. After doing so and sticking back the bottom plate. The clickish sound went away and I also noticed I haven't had much double typing since then.

I will keep you guys updated if anything changes.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 04:55 PM
    If anyone is interested, you can test the keyboard keys with the BlackBerry Virtual Expert.

Either launch directly if you have it installed, install from BlackBerry World, or if you are on a recent version of OS 10.2.1, it is integrated into the Help app.

(On recent 10.2.1 versions: Open Help, press "Testing" button on bottom, press the "Try this now" button, the BBVE app will open. Press the "Tests" button at the bottom, then "Keypad tests".)

There is a "Submit" button at the end of the test, which supposedly this sends the result of the test to BlackBerry.

Perhaps you should all do this.
    03-22-14 08:37 PM
2,502 ... 1920212223 ...