No prob, I just noticed it on certain keys, but it's because I drag my thumb a little on certain words. My fault. Doesn't happen when I'm conscious of what I'm doing.

Posted via CB10
    Could be a problem for some. But I am typing the same way I typed when I first got the phone. Popped up about 6-7 months after I got it. Annoying but not as annoying as it would be for me typing on an iPhone or Android phone.

Posted with my ? Q10.
    03-20-14 01:44 PM
    I'm not being a smart a$$ here, but are you sure it doesn't happen when you are typing fast and you ACTUALLY double type the letters? When I double type, it's usually because I double type. The keyboard is nice and soft but you are probably used to the curved 9930 layout.

Posted via CB10
    Positive
    03-20-14 02:22 PM
    How can you double type a key when you pressed it once? Has nothing to do with us. Another foolish idiotic comment just spin this serious issue on the customer.

If that is the case why hasn't anyone with a Q5 complained about this issue? Why does it also plague the last BOLD line but not the very first Bold 9000, or the Torch which both cases never had this issue. Although I had dust under screen of my Torch and flimsy sliding mechanism. Was that our fault too? What about the crappy Storm which I don't know anyone who hasnt had a problem with it. Yep thats customers fault as well. Cause we believed in blackberry and he are the morons.

Just to play devils advocate, even what you say is remotely true, that would mean physical keyboard defeats its purpose.

So keep your smart *** remarks to yourself.
    03-20-14 02:33 PM
    I'm not being a smart a$$ here, but are you sure it doesn't happen when you are typing fast and you ACTUALLY double type the letters? When I double type, it's usually because I double type. The keyboard is nice and soft but you are probably used to the curved 9930 layout.

Posted via CB10
    Why don't you send your CV to mr. Chen? Imo you are fitting perfectly with the idea they have about listening to customers complains

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 05:24 PM
    How can you double type a key when you pressed it once? Has nothing to do with us. Another foolish idiotic comment just spin this serious issue on the customer.

If that is the case why hasn't anyone with a Q5 complained about this issue? Why does it also plague the last BOLD line but not the very first Bold 9000, or the Torch which both cases never had this issue. Although I had dust under screen of my Torch and flimsy sliding mechanism. Was that our fault too? What about the crappy Storm which I don't know anyone who hasnt had a problem with it. Yep thats customers fault as well. Cause we believed in blackberry and he are the morons.

Just to play devils advocate, even what you say is remotely true, that would mean physical keyboard defeats its purpose.

So keep your smart *** remarks to yourself.
    He prefaced his comment by saying he wasn't being a smarta$$ and also had some double typing issues himself. Calm yourself with the name-calling, personal insults.

Posted with my ? Q10.
    jordan559, Omnitech and Q10Bold like this.
    03-20-14 05:39 PM
    He prefaced his comment by saying he wasn't being a smarta$$ and also had some double typing issues himself. Calm yourself with the name-calling, personal insults.

Posted with my ? Q10.
    We barely getting any recognition about this issue from BlackBerry and we got ourselves a jackass who probably wants to spin this as a non issue thinking junk stock will go back to 100.

Well guess what if BlackBerry going to sell these phones to enterprise and wants returning business you better make sure your devices are enterprise grade and reliable.

What this problem tells us is that Steve Jobs was right, physical keyboards will always suck. And BlackBerry failure is justified.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Alex Keb; 03-20-14 at 06:05 PM.
    03-20-14 05:47 PM
    I'd rather put up with occasional double typing than a touchscreen keyboard. Other features afforded by the keyboard, such as universal search, email shortcuts and speed dial, are worth the occasional annoyance - an annoyance I no longer have because my phone has been repaired. We'll see how long this holds up, but I'm totally happy for now.

I'm back to writing long articles on my phone, like I used to on my perfectly functioning Torch.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 06:18 PM
    We barely getting any recognition about this issue from BlackBerry and we got ourselves a jackass who probably wants to spin this as a non issue thinking junk stock will go back to 100.

Well guess what if BlackBerry going to sell these phones to enterprise and wants returning business you better make sure your devices are enterprise grade and reliable.

What this problem tells us is that Steve Jobs was right, physical keyboards will always suck. And BlackBerry failure is justified.

Posted via CB10
    Bit of an overreaction? This is the first BlackBerry I've had with a keyboard issue. Of course Steve Jobs would be talking negatively about physical keyboards.

Posted with my ? Q10.
    03-20-14 06:28 PM
    I have a mild case of double typing, mostly with the space bar. What I did to address this is I turned off the double space = ".". You have to manually put in "."'s but it's not too bad.

Posted via CB10
    flyingsolid likes this.
    03-20-14 07:53 PM
    If BlackBerry came out, admitted the problem and offered lifetime keyboard replacements for free with PlayBook level of service (less than 48 hour turn around), I'd be satisfied.

As it stands I have one replacement left, and at 2 a year, about 4 to buy unless they've fixed the problem.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 08:58 PM
    If BlackBerry came out, admitted the problem and offered lifetime keyboard replacements for free with PlayBook level of service (less than 48 hour turn around), I'd be satisfied.

As it stands I have one replacement left, and at 2 a year, about 4 to buy unless they've fixed the problem.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly, they can easily turn a problem into an opportunity in quality service.

But nope, they rather ignore us. Hell even Crackberry is ignoring us, which tells me this is a serious issue that even their *** kissing blog site wants to keep quiet.

Posted via CB10
    Fynbo and flyingsolid like this.
    03-20-14 09:02 PM
    I have to chime in on this thread. I've haad my Q10 for almost a year and it actually started from day 1. At first I thought it waas sensitive and a new keyboard and takes time to get used to but it's still happening.

Look even from this post it's the "A" key which is the worst no matter how fast/slow I'm typing.

Funny thing is for people saying please record it it's actually hard to replicate it just happens throughout the course of the day when I'm typing.

Do we call our carrier (Rogers) to get this fixed/replaced if it's still under warranty?

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 09:14 PM
    I have to chime in on this thread. I've haad my Q10 for almost a year and it actually started from day 1. At first I thought it waas sensitive and a new keyboard and takes time to get used to but it's still happening.

Look even from this post it's the "A" key which is the worst no matter how fast/slow I'm typing.

Funny thing is for people saying please record it it's actually hard to replicate it just happens throughout the course of the day when I'm typing.

Do we call our carrier (Rogers) to get this fixed/replaced if it's still under warranty?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, go through Rogers. I had mine repaired through Telus. I said that the problem was intermittent, and even though the Telus guy couldn't get it to double type in the store, he accepted the phone for repair and gave me a loaner Z10. Took two weeks.

Posted via CB10
    swishhh likes this.
    03-20-14 09:53 PM
    Yes, go through Rogers. I had mine repaired through Telus. I said that the problem was intermittent, and even though the Telus guy couldn't get it to double type in the store, he accepted the phone for repair and gave me a loaner Z10. Took two weeks.

Posted via CB10
    So in that case you used 2 weeks a Z10 coming from a Q10, give us some details abowt the experience, some of us (like me) never tried in a lifetime a phone without keyboard, but with the annoying issue we may think to make the change along with the future Z.... mabe Z50 if it's going to produce.

Posted via my sexy q10
    03-21-14 12:43 AM
    Bit of an overreaction? This is the first BlackBerry I've had with a keyboard issue. Of course Steve Jobs would be talking negatively about physical keyboards.

Posted with my ? Q10.
    Not any more

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 01:09 AM
    Calm yourselves guys, double typing isn't the end of the world, if it happens then ignore it. Not like one or two double typed letters will kill the meaning of a sentence... unless it's happening all the time with every letter, I don't see what the issue is... auto correct should do its jobs...

Posted via CB10 for BlackBerry Q10
    03-21-14 05:46 AM
    Calm yourselves guys, double typing isn't the end of the world, if it happens then ignore it. Not like one or two double typed letters will kill the meaning of a sentence... unless it's happening all the time with every letter, I don't see what the issue is... auto correct should do its jobs...

Believe it or not, there aare still pprofessionaals who use their BlackBerrys for pprofessionaal correspondences. Aa coupple of keys double typing caan certaainly sppoil the impprssion one is aatemppting to pproject!

Posted via CBQ10
    tezuka likes this.
    03-21-14 05:58 AM
    Hi guys

As I said a few days before, I have this double typing issue and BlackBerry in UAE would replace my keyboard for 136 $...
    I have been to several repair shops and most of them told me that it's not possible to find an AZERTY keyboard for my French Q10.

Only one shop told me that it can order a QWERTY keyboard, dissamble it and mix my AZERTY letters with the new keyboard membrane. The price is honest (almost 50 $).

Before giving them my phone, I wanted to ask the Crackberry community. Is it possible to mix the AZERTY letters of my current keyboard with the membrane of a Qwerty keyboard as this guy told me ? I'm affraid that my new keyboard would work like a Qwerty one and not like an Azerty.

Thank you in advance !
    03-21-14 06:11 AM

I'm sure your comment will make everyone in this thread feel so much better about having spent hundreds of bucks on broken phones.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 07:14 AM
    Just had my son's Z10 in for repair under warranty with Carphone Warehouse in the UK. I was told blackberry 'return to manufacturer' repairs could take up to 28 days, but BlackBerry sent a brand-new replacement within a week. The guy at Carphone Warehouse said this was the normal BlackBerry response for a major hardware fault. As a Q10 user myself, I asked if the double-type issue had been a common fault, but the guy said he hadn't seen a case. He said he would expect that it would be treated like my son's Z10, and be replaced new under warranty. Hope that's of use to anyone pondering whether to send in for repair under warranty. Also interesting that he hadn't seen a Q10 double type fault, so it may not be that common. My wife and I are both Q10 users and have had no problems in almost 9 months.

Posted via CB10
    Oddsocket and Fynbo like this.
    03-21-14 07:54 AM
    I have also problem I think it can be solved by software update by BlackBerry

BHiNDER
    03-21-14 08:28 AM
    Since Crackberry doesn't give a **** about this problem and are covering it up like Blackberry, it would be awesome if someone would take it upon him/her self to make a list of the models/batches with and without the problem. It seems like it's not ALL Q10's that suffer from this issue.
    03-21-14 09:17 AM
    So in that case you used 2 weeks a Z10 coming from a Q10, give us some details abowt the experience, some of us (like me) never tried in a lifetime a phone without keyboard, but with the annoying issue we may think to make the change along with the future Z.... mabe Z50 if it's going to produce.

Posted via my sexy q10
    I found myself playing more games and doing more web browsing. I avoided emailing and posting on forums, and when I had to, I kept it as brief as possible. The constantly appearing and disappearing keyboard was giving me vertigo, and typing was noticeably slower. The suggested words were good, but it still takes time to read the word and decide whether or not to use it.

There is no universal search on the Z10, even if you bring up the keyboard on the home screen. There are only 9 speed dial numbers available, and it's just as cumbersome to get to them as it was on Q10 on 10.1. And the battery was dead by 5 PM.

I couldn't wait to get back to the real keyboard. I'm very much looking forward to a bigger screen Q-series device.

Posted via CB10
    Ozzycron likes this.
    03-21-14 09:24 AM
    I have also problem I think it can be solved by software update by BlackBerry

BHiNDER
    Hardware issue. Can be mitigated by setting up some word substitutions but definitely not a software issue.

Posted with my ? Q10.
    03-21-14 01:05 PM

Great. We have another candidate for bberry customer service. You too are fitting perfectly with bberry view of taking care of customer claims.
    In anycase, I did not take into account to buy a defective device when I spent 700Euro for it

Posted via CB10
    Fynbo likes this.
    03-21-14 01:19 PM
2,502 ... 1819202122 ...