I’ve got a Verizon model I can’t use anymore if anybody is looking...
    What color? Looking for a white
    09-04-18 08:54 AM
    Reluctantly I have to agree. Went to my user page of "My World" BlackBerry apps. Tried to download replacements. Some were available and others not. Then to complicate things the page would not download with an "error message" that essentially ignored the situation.
    I realize that the Q10 is not perfect but it has much to offer. A easily portable size, Replaceable Battery, a great keyboard which is all I need!

Posted via CB10
    09-25-18 11:36 PM
    Thanks to the inspiration found here I made that silver-frame mod to my Q10, gleeful at the chance to add a bit of style to what's already a great phone. When I saw the photos and read about the mod, I knew I had to, since I already had a white Q10 just sitting around with a bad earpiece, which I've just been using as a spare battery charger. The phone looks great -- it reminds me of an old Walkman, and of course the silver KEYone, which I also own but don't use due to its bulk and inelegant Android OS.

It's yet another good reason to keep this phone my daily driver.

Posted via CB10
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    09-30-18 04:04 PM
    Can't believe it's been 5 years, still using mine.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-18 10:18 AM
    Other than wishing that my Q10 had the toolbar of the Classic & the display of the Passport I think it's been the BEST phone & personal organizer I've ever owned!

To heck with the "apps issue", if I could just get the browser updated I would buy a dozen of them just to keep me going for the next twenty years!

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    10-31-18 06:33 AM
    I'd still be using my Q10 but the sim reader stopped working. It really is a great phone.
    11-16-18 12:19 PM
    Still easily usable for me, it is my one and only carry most of the time (I swap between different BlackBerrys once in a while).
    As long as they don't shut off the activation servers I'm gonna keep going.

It would be nice to get a faster processor, cap touch keyboard, toolbelt but honestly I don't feel constrained by this device at all. Perfect size

Posted via CB10
    11-16-18 03:37 PM
    I've added Google Play Store and over 20 productive apps so as to improve my user experience. I'd do the same for your Q10, if you wish to dispose of it.
    12-04-18 03:19 PM
    I've added Google Play Store and over 20 productive apps so as to improve my user experience. I'd do the same for your Q10, if you wish to dispose of it.
    Did you use Cobalt's system to do it? I still haven't had the spare time to try it myself.

12-08-18 06:57 AM
    Yes, I did so! Now I am taking a good look at the Key2 in mobile research analysis for another ideal phone. Enjoy!
    12-08-18 11:19 AM
    Did you use Cobalt's system to do it? I still haven't had the spare time to ....
    Yes, I have it on my Q10 and it works well. However, I don't run many Android apps as many are to power hungry and will cripple the performance of your Q10, but Colbalt's Playstore app is brilliant and it remains a great way to access and test Android apps on any BB10 device.
    12-09-18 04:08 AM
    Did you use Cobalt's system to do it? I still haven't had the spare time to try it myself.

Conite has also suggested Yalp.
    Last edited by Chuck Finley69; 12-10-18 at 01:21 AM.
    12-09-18 08:27 AM
    What is yalp?

12-09-18 11:13 PM
    What is yalp?

A Google Play Store client.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sergey...-apk-download/
    12-09-18 11:14 PM
    Have used my Q10's since 2013. Have 2. One is a refirb or "rescue phone " from ATT. Other is. 005 model. Have enjoyed them especially 005.
    The combination of size, PKB and INTERCHANGEABLE batteries are big pluses. Unfortunately unequaled by any competition.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-18 10:00 PM
    Nice! This is a helpful app.
    12-19-18 01:24 PM
    Sorry for sounding like a noob, but is there a link here somewhere on how to install an APK file onto my Q10 to create a working app?

12-20-18 04:55 PM
    Sorry for sounding like a noob, but is there a link here somewhere on how to install an APK file onto my Q10 to create a working app?

Hey scuba. What specific app from where?
    12-20-18 05:26 PM
    Hey scuba. What specific app from where?
    Chuck, initially I was speaking in general terms about how to utilize any of the apk files on this app mirror site, and once I learned how to do it I was going to see if yalp was an adequate play store substitute & perhaps easier to use than Cobalt's system that I haven't had enough spare time to learn. But I specifically was going to try to get the android version of Gasbuddy working if possible.

12-25-18 09:55 AM
    Chuck, initially I was speaking in general terms about how to utilize any of the apk files on this app mirror site, and once I learned how to do it I was going to see if yalp was an adequate play store substitute & perhaps easier to use than Cobalt's system that I haven't had enough spare time to learn. But I specifically was going to try to get the android version of Gasbuddy working if possible.

Conite recommends Yalp, one reason being simplicity, so I’d feel comfortable using that as GPS alternative. I’m a simple guy so I never tried Cobalt’s system and the apps I needed were through 1mobilemarket which according to Conite was about secure as paper chain on my trailer hitch.

That’s why I jumped on BBAndroid for my business to serve my clients and customers expectation levels. Not sure if Yalp existed or didn’t have what I needed back then but I’ve read better things about it from other BB10 users as well...
    12-25-18 10:18 AM

I've been using Yalp and it's great. Not all the apps I've downloaded from it work, but it gives you easy access to Google Play APKs.

If you need apps that require Google Play Services, then you will need to use Cobalt's solution. Otherwise, Yalp is a solid option.
    12-30-18 10:44 PM
    Conite recommends Yalp, one reason being simplicity, so I’d feel comfortable using that as GPS alternative. I’m a simple guy so I never tried Cobalt’s system and the apps I needed were through 1mobilemarket which according to Conite was about secure as paper chain on my trailer hitch.

That’s why I jumped on BBAndroid for my business to serve my clients and customers expectation levels. Not sure if Yalp existed or didn’t have what I needed back then but I’ve read better things about it from other BB10 users as well...
    Conite cautioned me about 1Mobile as well. Your analogy said it all about the security of it though lol

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    12-31-18 12:45 PM
    So how do I install yalp if I want to try it on my Q10?

12-31-18 06:16 PM
    Go to FDroid site, download the APK for Yalp, then just click on it in the File Manager. It should run and install
    01-01-19 04:05 PM
    So I tried using this link, downloaded the file but couldn't install it. I get the BlackBerry warning about installing a file from unknown source but not any "ok" to agree with, and the install button at the top of the screen never becomes clickable. Do I need to search for a link ON the Fdroid site for the same file?? https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sergey...-apk-download/

01-06-19 02:20 PM
189 ... 45678