07-02-18 08:48 AM
109 ... 345
tools
    Love my panda gold Q10 (black Q10 modded with gold frame and white keyboard/chin).

There just aren't devices like it anymore and it works great as a smartphone. As much as I enjoy my Passports the Q10 will probably be usable much longer thanks to the removable battery. Just a shame we never got a true upgrade from the Q10.
    05-26-18 12:49 AM
    I've been eyeing up returning to my classic, but I think that I have been spoiled with the PPSE screen.

I feel like the screen would be too small for me to use. I'm sure I can get used to it though!

I hate that I can never decide what device to use and am constantly flipping.

Posted via my Awesome Passport SE SQW100-4/10.3.3.2163 pin:2C33423A
    I have the same switching problem.
    05-26-18 07:11 AM
    I had a Microsoft Lumia 650 Dual SIM. However, in the last month's it started becoming slow, unreliable, and annoying. Since I am a student, I do not have much money so I needed to find another platform. By luck, I found a BB Q10 in mint condition, and ever since then I have been using it for everything. My experience with the Q10 has been so good that I am not sure if I will change platform when BB10 support is dropped. Long live BB10!

Posted via CB10
    06-02-18 02:35 PM
    I had a Microsoft Lumia 650 Dual SIM. However, in the last month's it started becoming slow, unreliable, and annoying. Since I am a student, I do not have much money so I needed to find another platform. By luck, I found a BB Q10 in mint condition, and ever since then I have been using it for everything. My experience with the Q10 has been so good that I am not sure if I will change platform when BB10 support is dropped. Long live BB10!

Posted via CB10
    As long as it works for you, use it. I still find things that I'm in awe at some of the things my Passport can handle four years after being released.

06-02-18 04:45 PM
    I have the same switching problem.
    It's nuts. I actually just bought a used Keyone AND a sealed white Passport. I haven't decided whether to use the Keyone as my main device or use it as the secondary device.

06-02-18 04:46 PM
    A phone with touch and physical keypad, also 8MP shooter and 2MP front, descent looks and feels comfortable in hand. The BlackBerry legacy is carried forward by this beautiful phone here. I am not going to abandon this phone. I am not satisfied by using the PRIV, I am not such an android fan. That is why I still have my Q10 with me.

BlackBerry Q10
    Newfangled likes this.
    06-05-18 12:44 PM
    Ha! I'm glad I'm not the only one who does the paper in the battery trick.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-18 09:05 PM
    Ha! I'm glad I'm not the only one who does the paper in the battery trick.

Posted via CB10
    At one point, that stopped working for me, phone was rebooting 10+ times a day, event with touch of body sometimes.

After a month experimenting, I cleaned up the battery contacts (on both sides) with fine sand paper and even removed the paper filler.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-18 02:54 PM
    I've been using my Q10 as my daily driver the past few weeks.

My wife and I decided it was time to give my 11-year-old son a cell phone because he's often out somewhere in the neighborhood or at a friend's house, and he was being really good at calling my wife to let her know where he was, but texting would be so much easier.

So I gave him the iPhone 5s I was using as my daily. It's extremely locked down. No Safari, no games, no video apps, no access to the app store. He can make calls, send texts, and listen to Apple Music (which he adores). The phone stays in our room at night, and we regularly check his texts, calls, and the music he's listening to. But now we can see where he is any time using the Find my Friends app and get ahold of him when we need to. Seems to be working out so far, and we plan to enable more features as he gets older and demonstrates he can be responsible.

So I've been using my Q10 again, and I also have an iPad, so I still have access to most of the iOS features I've come to appreciate.

I do eventually plan to get a newer iPhone, but I'm going to wait until September to see what Apple's next iPhones are like.

In the meantime, still rocking a Q10 and my thumbs are enjoying every satisfying click!
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    07-02-18 08:48 AM
109 ... 345