So I tried using this link, downloaded the file but couldn't install it. I get the BlackBerry warning about installing a file from unknown source but not any "ok" to agree with, and the install button at the top of the screen never becomes clickable. Do I need to search for a link ON the Fdroid site for the same file?? https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sergey...-apk-download/

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    First, Go to Settings > App Manager > Installing Apps and enable Allow Apps from other Sources to be Installed. Then, try to install the apk file again.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-19 03:08 PM
    I just tried that, but it won't allow me to "flip" the switch! It says installing apps from other sources is turned off by your administrator. I don't get it! It's been a while but I know that I was able to make this change in the 1st year I owned my Q10... I had to use this to install at least one of the apps from the (no longer installed Amazon app store)
    The device is NOT part of any work controlled network. I have only used it for my own personal use, synchronized only with my personal PC. How can I HAVE an administrator for a cell that has never been IN a work environment??

01-06-19 03:49 PM
    I feel you I still using my Classic, Q10, Q5, Leap, Passport and Z10 and also my Bold and Torch. I'm also a nostalgic freak
    01-07-19 03:31 AM
    I just tried that, but it won't allow me to "flip" the switch! It says installing apps from other sources is turned off by your administrator. I don't get it! It's been a while but I know that I was able to make this change in the 1st year I owned my Q10... I had to use this to install at least one of the apps from the (no longer installed Amazon app store)
    The device is NOT part of any work controlled network. I have only used it for my own personal use, synchronized only with my personal PC. How can I HAVE an administrator for a cell that has never been IN a work environment??

Where did you originally purchase the phone? New or used?
    01-07-19 05:33 AM
    Purchased new in sealed box as unlocked device from Best Buy. Then I put in SIM card and have used it for last 5 years.

01-08-19 07:55 PM
    Purchased new in sealed box as unlocked device from Best Buy. Then I put in SIM card and have used it for last 5 years.

All you can do in contact BB or BB and literally ask for help.... unless someone has some other idea....
    01-08-19 08:04 PM
    Crud! I'm going to hope for someone here having an idea. I will try contacting BlackBerry but I don't hold out much hope that they'll bother providing assistance. They can unfortunately say that they don't offer help for installation of non BlackBerry software plus I'm obviously way out of warranty...

01-09-19 03:22 PM

@TrumpetTiger
    @conite

Got any idea on this situation?
    01-09-19 09:55 PM
    @TrumpetTiger
    @conite

Got any idea on this situation?
    @scubafan

Wanted to tag you too on this scuba...

Assuming you can install other Android apps, this sounds like a device confused about the version required for certain Android apps. The "administrator" bit is wonky, but that would be my first question: can you install APKs at all?

I'd also try this: https://f-droid.org/repo/com.github....lpstore_45.apk

Also, I recommend Aptoide:

https://en.aptoide.com

and APKPure:

https://apkpure.com

for your Android app needs, as you're more likely to get compatible versions of apps there. conite disagrees, but then again, conite and I disagree on a lot of things...
    01-09-19 10:04 PM
    I downloaded the FDROID version with same lack of results. The "install" button isn't clickable. :-(

I used to be able to install apps by using the settings like this. I haven't a clue what changed to make it unusable. The other two links would probably have some useful apps but if my Q10 won't allow me to install them it's a moot point.

01-11-19 08:40 PM
    I just happened to be cruising the forums here on CB, I saw a post about TuneIn not working on someone's Classic so I tried it on all my BB10 devices. The speaker on the Q10 out performs the speaker on the Classic. I also saw a post about keyboard typing speed (10fastfingers.com) and I compared the Q10, Classic and PPSE. The Q10 won!

The Q10 is an awesome little phone, I have a Z30 that I can connect using Hotspot for watching videos when needing a bigger screen.

Posted via CB10
    That might have been my thread, lol. I'm surprised TuneIn is working perfectly on my Bold 9900 but not my Classic. Anyways, I use Rad.io on BB10. Works like a champ.

BlackBerry 10 forever!
    01-11-19 09:29 PM
    Chuck, Conite, any further ideas? I haven't had the spare time to spend 30+ minutes on the phone waiting for BlackBerry "support" yet, although I'm still going to give it a shot on the off chance I reach someone helpful...

02-05-19 11:54 AM
    Chuck, Conite, any further ideas? I haven't had the spare time to spend 30+ minutes on the phone waiting for BlackBerry "support" yet, although I'm still going to give it a shot on the off chance I reach someone helpful...

I'm neither Chuck nor conite, but I agree Blackberry support is likely to not be helpful.

Forgive the basic question scuba; have you checked to make sure "Allow Apps To Be Installed From Other Sources" is selected in App Manager?
    02-05-19 12:47 PM
    I couldn't do it.

I bought a new gold iPhone SE 32GB on Swappa for only $180 and had my SIM in it for a week or so. I enjoy so much about it. Its compact size, access to any app I wanted, Apple Pay, iMessage and FaceTime, excellent call quality and reception, 2-day battery life.

But yesterday afternoon I swapped my SIM back to my Q10.

I know I'm giving up a lot of convenience. But I want it that way. It helps me to be more intentional about the things I do.

And I can't stand typing on glass, no matter how good the virtual keyboard may be. I prefer to type out each letter of each word without the aid of auto-correct or auto-complete. I find swipe-to-type and flick-to-complete cumbersome and unintuitive. It slows me down and I spend way too much time correcting the words that auto-correct and auto-complete get wrong. I just prefer the tactile feel and sound of a BlackBerry physical keyboard. It affords me an effortless typing experience. I don't even have to think about it - my thumbs just know what to do.

So I will continue to enjoy my Q10 while I contemplate my next move.

 BlackBerry | Q10
    I'm with you, except that I'm equally comfortable typing on a BlackBerry VKB and PKB. But having complete control over notifications with multiple custom profiles and knowing that every single event I care about passes through the Hub is 1000% better for me.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    02-05-19 12:56 PM
    I'm neither Chuck nor conite, but I agree Blackberry support is likely to not be helpful.

Forgive the basic question scuba; have you checked to make sure "Allow Apps To Be Installed From Other Sources" is selected in App Manager?
    Yes, I'm unable to select it. The box is greyed out and won't allow me to change it. I guess you missed me saying that it says that "installing apps from other sources is turned off by your administrator" despite the fact that there ISN'T any administrator...

The device was purchased new and has never been in any work environment besides my own home. NO clue what caused this, hence the post.

02-07-19 05:47 AM
    Yes, I'm unable to select it. The box is greyed out and won't allow me to change it. I guess you missed me saying that it says that "installing apps from other sources is turned off by your administrator" despite the fact that there ISN'T any administrator...

The device was purchased new and has never been in any work environment besides my own home. NO clue what caused this, hence the post.

No, I caught that. However, given the general wackiness of this situation, I wanted to make sure all possible ways around that were explored.

Have you tried backing up and using an autoloader? No restriction should survive that, other then Blackberry Protect-based ones....
    02-07-19 02:34 PM

Do you have parental controls enabled?
    02-07-19 02:44 PM
    I just looked and even though I never changed it, parental controls ARE on! Could be the problem but I'll have to try turning it off later as it wants password and says there's been one incorrect attempt already. So I'm going to check my notes to make certain that I (hopefully!) still have the password before I try turning it off.

02-25-19 05:24 AM
    6 years and counting...

I can't get over the Q10!

 BlackBerry | Q10
    dubengeldu likes this.
    05-20-19 10:10 PM
    Over Five years since BB 10 launched, it does not seem that long ago, I remember my Z10 in January 2013 exciting times and a Q10 in April, both long gone and moved to a priv still in use, but the chance of a Q10 new unlocked and to see how it works in 2019,
    It Bought good memories of BB10, have since found a new Classic which I missed buying when it came out, it's like my trusty old 9900 Bold only larger, both Q10 & Classic work ok and would meet my needs apart from Facebook which is why I still use my Priv so my Granddaughters can keep in touch, I have updated both and have all Blackberry Apps loaded ready for end of 2019, will I give up at end of the year and put them away in a drawer no way I will use them, I have tried I phone and personally I still prefer to use a Blackberry phone.
    05-25-19 05:00 PM
    I ABSOLUTELY prefer to use a BlackBerry myself! The Q10 is the best business tool I've ever had! Intuitive and simple with the MAJOR plus of having the ability to not share calendar, contacts, location or anything else I don't want to share with ANY app! I sync with Microshaft Office via USB so nothing is ever put into the cloud. Excellent device!

anon(10321802) likes this.
    05-25-19 11:22 PM
    It's obviously not perfect but the Q10 has much too offer. Convenient size, PKB and INTERCHANGEABLE batteries are major options but OS10 is also notable. All in all very good, if not perfect.
    Thank you BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-19 10:33 AM
    It's obviously not perfect but the Q10 has much too offer. Convenient size, PKB and INTERCHANGEABLE batteries are major options but OS10 is also notable. All in all very good, if not perfect.
    Thank you BlackBerry.

All very true. And you can not beat that battery.

There are few times I need to change a battery in the day, typically past dinner for long days of meetings and heavy use. Last week, was again reminded how convenient. Was at a meeting, battery dead Whilst speaking, casually reached into my pocket, removed a small battery and did the swap....People, who too were seeking external batteries, cables, outlets, were ALL envious.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-19 07:05 PM
    While it's been annoying because I can't sync anymore I otherwise am kind of pleased that the death of my Q10's micro USB port meant that I got an external charger & two spare batteries. I revel in being able to show off my 45 second "recharge" of swapping the flat battery for a fresh one! MUCH better than being tethered to one of the few outlets at most airports!

06-04-19 08:39 PM
    Still using my Q10.
    I bought it in October of 2013.
    I also have a Classic in which I just replaced the battery, but I'm m so used to the size of my Q10 that I never use it.
    When it dies,it will be hard to get used to another phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-19 06:29 PM
189 ... 5678