Love my panda gold Q10 (black Q10 modded with gold frame and white keyboard/chin).

There just aren't devices like it anymore and it works great as a smartphone. As much as I enjoy my Passports the Q10 will probably be usable much longer thanks to the removable battery. Just a shame we never got a true upgrade from the Q10.
    05-26-18 12:49 AM
    I've been eyeing up returning to my classic, but I think that I have been spoiled with the PPSE screen.

I feel like the screen would be too small for me to use. I'm sure I can get used to it though!

I hate that I can never decide what device to use and am constantly flipping.

Posted via my Awesome Passport SE SQW100-4/10.3.3.2163 pin:2C33423A
    I have the same switching problem.
    05-26-18 07:11 AM
    I had a Microsoft Lumia 650 Dual SIM. However, in the last month's it started becoming slow, unreliable, and annoying. Since I am a student, I do not have much money so I needed to find another platform. By luck, I found a BB Q10 in mint condition, and ever since then I have been using it for everything. My experience with the Q10 has been so good that I am not sure if I will change platform when BB10 support is dropped. Long live BB10!

Posted via CB10
    Martin Haughton likes this.
    06-02-18 02:35 PM
    I had a Microsoft Lumia 650 Dual SIM. However, in the last month's it started becoming slow, unreliable, and annoying. Since I am a student, I do not have much money so I needed to find another platform. By luck, I found a BB Q10 in mint condition, and ever since then I have been using it for everything. My experience with the Q10 has been so good that I am not sure if I will change platform when BB10 support is dropped. Long live BB10!

Posted via CB10
    As long as it works for you, use it. I still find things that I'm in awe at some of the things my Passport can handle four years after being released.

06-02-18 04:45 PM
    I have the same switching problem.
    It's nuts. I actually just bought a used Keyone AND a sealed white Passport. I haven't decided whether to use the Keyone as my main device or use it as the secondary device.

06-02-18 04:46 PM
    A phone with touch and physical keypad, also 8MP shooter and 2MP front, descent looks and feels comfortable in hand. The BlackBerry legacy is carried forward by this beautiful phone here. I am not going to abandon this phone. I am not satisfied by using the PRIV, I am not such an android fan. That is why I still have my Q10 with me.

BlackBerry Q10
    06-05-18 12:44 PM
    Ha! I'm glad I'm not the only one who does the paper in the battery trick.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-18 09:05 PM
    Ha! I'm glad I'm not the only one who does the paper in the battery trick.

Posted via CB10
    At one point, that stopped working for me, phone was rebooting 10+ times a day, event with touch of body sometimes.

After a month experimenting, I cleaned up the battery contacts (on both sides) with fine sand paper and even removed the paper filler.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-18 02:54 PM
    I've been using my Q10 as my daily driver the past few weeks.

My wife and I decided it was time to give my 11-year-old son a cell phone because he's often out somewhere in the neighborhood or at a friend's house, and he was being really good at calling my wife to let her know where he was, but texting would be so much easier.

So I gave him the iPhone 5s I was using as my daily. It's extremely locked down. No Safari, no games, no video apps, no access to the app store. He can make calls, send texts, and listen to Apple Music (which he adores). The phone stays in our room at night, and we regularly check his texts, calls, and the music he's listening to. But now we can see where he is any time using the Find my Friends app and get ahold of him when we need to. Seems to be working out so far, and we plan to enable more features as he gets older and demonstrates he can be responsible.

So I've been using my Q10 again, and I also have an iPad, so I still have access to most of the iOS features I've come to appreciate.

I do eventually plan to get a newer iPhone, but I'm going to wait until September to see what Apple's next iPhones are like.

In the meantime, still rocking a Q10 and my thumbs are enjoying every satisfying click!
    mushroom_daddy and andy957 like this.
    07-02-18 08:48 AM
    I just happened to be cruising the forums here on CB, I saw a post about TuneIn not working on someone's Classic so I tried it on all my BB10 devices. The speaker on the Q10 out performs the speaker on the Classic. I also saw a post about keyboard typing speed (10fastfingers.com) and I compared the Q10, Classic and PPSE. The Q10 won!

The Q10 is an awesome little phone, I have a Z30 that I can connect using Hotspot for watching videos when needing a bigger screen.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-18 10:14 PM
    I just happened to be cruising the forums here on CB, I saw a post about TuneIn not working on someone's Classic so I tried it on all my BB10 devices. The speaker on the Q10 out performs the speaker on the Classic. I also saw a post about keyboard typing speed (10fastfingers.com) and I compared the Q10, Classic and PPSE. The Q10 won!

The Q10 is an awesome little phone, I have a Z30 that I can connect using Hotspot for watching videos when needing a bigger screen.

Posted via CB10
    Nice! I've been connecting my iPad to my Q10's hotspot when out and about and it works great.

And for me, there is no comparison - the Q10's keyboard is the most comfortable and efficient BlackBerry physical keyboard I've ever used.
    08-04-18 08:59 AM
    My wife's Samsung died so we dug out my Q10 and she is using it. Setting it up for her, I was reminded of everything I love about the Q10, particularly the Hub, but so many other thoughtful touches, too. I noticed some subtle changes with 10.3.3! She thinks I'm nuts.

I had to move on (to iPhone SE) because I needed apps that were no longer supported and I wanted a pocketable device. iOS is okay, I guess. I miss my Q10!!! No typos!

Posted via CB10
    08-05-18 07:46 AM
    I am picking up my 5th Q10 next week. Had 2 for work and two personal spares worn out. So have lots of batteries, extra doors and cases to swap out as need. Also no damn sim removal tool,aka paper clip required for the Q10 as with the classic.

I like the weight of the device as well, so feather light and compact in you pockets. Also, picked up a nice mpero wooden case for the new sqn-100-1 coming. Overall Q10 hits allot of chords for me at least. Long live the small beast!

Posted via CB10
    08-12-18 03:26 PM
    I couldn't do it.

I bought a new gold iPhone SE 32GB on Swappa for only $180 and had my SIM in it for a week or so. I enjoy so much about it. Its compact size, access to any app I wanted, Apple Pay, iMessage and FaceTime, excellent call quality and reception, 2-day battery life.

But yesterday afternoon I swapped my SIM back to my Q10.

I know I'm giving up a lot of convenience. But I want it that way. It helps me to be more intentional about the things I do.

And I can't stand typing on glass, no matter how good the virtual keyboard may be. I prefer to type out each letter of each word without the aid of auto-correct or auto-complete. I find swipe-to-type and flick-to-complete cumbersome and unintuitive. It slows me down and I spend way too much time correcting the words that auto-correct and auto-complete get wrong. I just prefer the tactile feel and sound of a BlackBerry physical keyboard. It affords me an effortless typing experience. I don't even have to think about it - my thumbs just know what to do.

So I will continue to enjoy my Q10 while I contemplate my next move.

 BlackBerry | Q10
    08-21-18 08:50 AM
    I know where you are coming from. It's difficult to beat a physical keyboard for rewarding feedback and precision, which you just can't get on a virtual keyboard.
    I'm on leave this week and my SIM is in my Nokia 6.1 just so that I can test/practice typing on glass, and also avoid the work emails that flow into my Q10. The virtual keyboard is good but you just lose the fine control that is always there with a BlackBerry physical keyboard.
    Last edited by mushroom_daddy; 08-21-18 at 11:39 AM.
    08-21-18 10:22 AM
    I wanted to play a brief video for a class I taught at church today.

I downloaded the video to my iPad via a special app my church has for such a purpose, but the sound and video were out of sync when I would play it. Most people probably wouldn't mind, but that sort of thing annoys me greatly. I tried downloading the video to my iPad directly from the church website, but none of the download links seemed to work - maybe because it doesn't have a user-accessible file system?

Instead, I easily downloaded the 1080p video to my Q10, connected it to a TV via a micro HDMI to HDMI cable, and it worked beautifully.

I was proud of my little Q10 today.

 BlackBerry | Q10
    08-26-18 06:53 PM
    I wanted to play a brief video for a class I taught at church today.

I downloaded the video to my iPad via a special app my church has for such a purpose, but the sound and video were out of sync when I would play it. Most people probably wouldn't mind, but that sort of thing annoys me greatly. I tried downloading the video to my iPad directly from the church website, but none of the download links seemed to work - maybe because it doesn't have a user-accessible file system?

Instead, I easily downloaded the 1080p video to my Q10, connected it to a TV via a micro HDMI to HDMI cable, and it worked beautifully.

I was proud of my little Q10 today.

 BlackBerry | Q10
    Stuff like this is what makes me keep going back to BB10. It's these simple things that let you see the power of what these phones could have been.

Sometimes the simplest things are the toughest with these new devices.

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    08-26-18 08:08 PM
    This is. 100% my favorite blackberry and I've only owned for a day

Posted via CB10
    08-27-18 06:22 AM
    The Q10, for me embodies convenience

Posted via CB10
    08-29-18 09:52 AM
    Yes, indeed it is a pity there is no replacement for the Q. Or even the Classic or the PP if one was so inclined.

When my Q's and the 9983's are done, it will be a sad day as I doubt there will be nothing at that time to replace them with. Heck, there is nothing now currently to replace them...
    08-31-18 06:49 AM
    I've been away from the forums for a while. After bb10 and windows 10, I've spent most of my time with android devices. I've been eyeing BlackBerry every since the Keyone but more recently the Key2LE in red. So I decided to bring out my old Q10 and mess around with. I took it out of the drawer a few days ago and only put my Sim card in last night. I've gotten the main communication apps I use working with apk sideloads so I'm covered (plus I still use the Essential phone on my second line). As a daily driver this phone has been excellent and I'm looking to keep my Sim in it for a while. Man, I really missed this form factor and keyboard.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    08-31-18 12:18 PM
    Hey All,
    I'm new here.....been using Berries and reading forums for years and decided to join in....been using various BB10 phones for the the last 6 mos and I have to say that while I love switching back and forth from different phones lately I've been using my Q10....2wks running....and that's pretty good for me.....usually use a phone for a week....maybe a couple of days and switch....can't see changing this week.....love this phone

Posted via Classic-Q10-Passport-Leap
    JRF_1986 and Martin Haughton like this.
    09-02-18 07:00 PM
    Was at BestBuy yesterday, saw Key1. Picked it up and just as u thought - huge, not a single hand phone. We need a modern Q10!

Posted via CB10
    09-03-18 02:36 PM
    I did the same thing a couple of months ago.....picked up the KeyOne off the display module and instantly was grateful that the Leap I was using at the time seemed smaller.....but.....I certainly can't disparage the features of a phone I've never carried around for a couple days.....I mean, since the Key 2LE has been spec'd If I HAVE TO go to BB Droid.....that would be the one.....don't care about battery size or how long it lasts....productivity, connectivity and current events....that is what I use BB phones for...and IMHO I think for my usage/lifestyle BB10 pkb phones are perfect......for the time being.

Posted via Classic-Q10-Passport-Leap
    09-03-18 08:57 PM
    I’ve got a Verizon model I can’t use anymore if anybody is looking...
    09-04-18 05:56 AM
189 ... 34567 ...