Sorry if this is a dumb question....I'm not used to GPS systems and how they work. I have Blackberry maps on my Q10, and it shows a little arrow directing me along. But I seem to read that you can get voice direction too, and I'm not getting it. Is there some setting I have to turn on? The only icons I have on the screen are a little globe and a person's head. Does this NOT do voice direction or am I missing something simple? Thanks for any help!
    07-12-14 06:49 PM
    Swipe down from the top of the screen and go into settings and check to see if the Navigation Audio is set to "Voice Guidance" or "Tone Only".

Posted via CB10
    Wendy Asea likes this.
    07-12-14 06:54 PM
    Sorry if this is a dumb question....I'm not used to GPS systems and how they work. I have Blackberry maps on my Q10, and it shows a little arrow directing me along. But I seem to read that you can get voice direction too, and I'm not getting it. Is there some setting I have to turn on? The only icons I have on the screen are a little globe and a person's head. Does this NOT do voice direction or am I missing something simple? Thanks for any help!
    I could never figure out BBMaps, so I bought BeMaps10 it's fairly cheap, like 3or4 bucks and basically puts Google maps on your Q10. Best Gps directions for BlackBerry

Q10 Lover.
    Wendy Asea likes this.
    07-12-14 06:56 PM
    swipe down from the top in maps, go into settings and there should be a navigation audio , press on it and make sure its on voice guidance.
    Wendy Asea likes this.
    07-12-14 06:56 PM
    Yes, voice guidance is on. I looked at BeMaps 10 and downloaded that because I like the look and features, but that's not giving me voice either?
    07-12-14 08:27 PM
    No such thing as a dumb question when you need help. You should hear the voice activation when you use the navigation. Again, we're here to help.

Posted from my Q10 via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Wendy Asea likes this.
    07-12-14 08:28 PM
    Your voice control app on the device is set up, yes?

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 08:41 PM
    Good question! Yes...I think so. When I clicked on voice control I was able to send a text by speaking it, so I guess it is. I'm going to give it another try later when I get out in my car. Let my neighbors wonder why I'm driving in circles around the block
    rebroker2009 likes this.
    07-13-14 07:11 AM
    The voice control app has nothing to do with this. Swipe down from the top (in the maps app) and select settings. Go to navigation audio and enable the spoken option. If this is already enabled, then you have a problem with it. My guess though, is that you have it set to "tune only".
    07-13-14 07:41 AM
    It's set to voice guidance
    07-13-14 09:06 AM
    The voice control app has nothing to do with this. Swipe down from the top (in the maps app) and select settings. Go to navigation audio and enable the spoken option. If this is already enabled, then you have a problem with it. My guess though, is that you have it set to "tune only".
    Well I think if you would have read the whole thread , you wouldn't have to guess, and maybe try and help
    07-13-14 09:08 AM
    I saw this thread from the beginning and the answers were already given so I didn't bother with providing the same answer. I came back to the thread a couple of times to check if the issue was fixed (what a good Samaritan I am right?) and I obviously missed her post where she says it was on.

I saw your post and I know that has nothing to do with her issue, so I responded trying to help. Going back to the OP, my guess was grounded (taking into account I missed the later post) but turned out to be incorrect. I wasn't doing anything but trying to help.

@OP, I have no clue from this point how to help you resolve this issue. I hope someone else might be able to do so.
    07-13-14 09:39 AM
    Ditto

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 10:50 AM
    Problem solved -- I don't know what I did differently because it WAS voice enabled/set to voice guidance, but when I went out in the car today and fiddled around, it started talking to me Thank you everybody for all the time you took to give me pointers and suggestions. I REALLY appreciate it!!!
    07-13-14 08:11 PM
    Good I'm glad you got it working, I wasn't to much help , but enjoy that BlackBerry.

Posted on CB10
    07-13-14 08:13 PM
    Good to hear!
    07-13-14 08:29 PM
    I'm pretty sure what you didn't do previously was to press 'go' or 'start'. After selecting your destination and the route is acquired, maps will display the route and mark your location as you're driving but until you select 'go' (the arrow on the menu bar) maps will not give you turn by turn.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 08:34 PM
    Thanks wish you posted earlier it would have helped.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 08:35 PM
    Posted via Q10
    07-14-14 02:43 AM
    For me this solution don't work please helo..my voice guidance is activate but still no voice came only tone came. Restarted no. Of time also load new leak 10.3 same problem

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 01:42 AM
    If your phone is connected on your car radio via Bluetooth, the map voice does not work. I was hoping 10.3 would fix that but so far it has not. This might also be the reason the first OP had issues.

Hope this helps.
    08-27-14 08:47 PM