Next, as a shareholder of BBRY , I have invested in the company
    I was a shareholder too until they released the Ded10 Ackwardberry. I sold just before the monster fail released and have basically been shorting it since. This ship has hit iceberg and now it's only a matter of time.
    02-20-13 10:06 PM
    Yes, the Z10 has been available in the UK since Jan 31, and in Canada since Feb 5. Both my wife and I have shiny new Z10s.

And I've seen Telus accepting pre-orders for the Q10, which they don't do more than a few weeks before release. My own (very SWAG-y guess) would see it as early as the first week of March.
    I do hope you're right about that March release in Canada.I bought a Z10 for my wife last week in England.It's a good full touch device,and even perfect in some aspects.But I love keyboard,and I'm going to wait for Q10.
    Official BlackBerry UK twiter said Q10 will be available in April in the UK.Still a very long time to wait.If it comes earlier in Canada,I'll ask a friend to bring me one.
    The new HTC ONE,which was officially showed up just yesterday,has a solid date of release in the UK on March 15.Really hope no further delay on Q10.
    02-21-13 07:14 AM
    Hey keel999. Do you have a link to that tweet about the Q10?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 04:21 AM
    Hey keel999. Do you have a link to that tweet about the Q10?

Posted via CB10
    Sure,here it is
    https://twitter.com/UK_BlackBerry/st...47240956399618
    they answered more than once about this question,you can find more in that official tweet.
    so i think it's highly reliable info about the date so far.It's more than 2 months after Z10,their action is too slow.
    02-23-13 04:52 AM
    The funny part is the number of people willing to cut BlackBerry slack and pin the blame on the carriers.
    This has almost nowt to do with the carriers.

If it was to do with the carriers the keyboarded dev device would not have been released after the launch.
    If it was to do with the carriers native key RIM apps like Travel would have been ready already.
    If it was to do with the carriers we wouldn't be hearing how WhatsApp and Skype will come only by the US launch.
    If it was to do with the carriers we wouldn't have the worst email client on any smartphone, acknowledged by RIM, who are promising an update by the US launch.

The simple truth is it's nothing to do with carriers, the US release date is the date they're hoping to have a functional device ready.
    They released it in beta form to the rest of the world cos we will take their crap.
    The beta ends when it hits the States. That's make or break time.

Blaming carriers makes absolutely, unequivocally zero sense.
    Specially after the speeches about how the initial delays were to foster good carrier relations.
    02-23-13 05:59 AM
    The simple truth is it's nothing to do with carriers, the US release date is the date they're hoping to have a functional device ready.
    They released it in beta form to the rest of the world cos we will take their crap.
    The beta ends when it hits the States. That's make or break time.

Blaming carriers makes absolutely, unequivocally zero sense.
    Specially after the speeches about how the initial delays were to foster good carrier relations.
    Given the vast amount of people that are fully aware that they already have a more than just functional device your comment about everyone else getting a beta is idiotic.

The simple fact of the matter is that carriers outside the states start testing on devices at an earlier stage and thus get their specific issue fixed sooner and acknowledge the usefulness of independent certification called GCF, whereas the likes of at&t and verizon wait until much later before they even go beyond the carrier preview stage and actually start testing devices and do not look to shorten that testing period by paying attention to established certification testing with a net result that when carriers everywhere else get the final software they are able to complete their testing much quicker than the american carriers who are effectively only just starting at that point and will still have specific issues relating to their networks that will have to get fixed after that point.

It is not about blaming carriers it is simply recognising the fact that the american ones carry out technical acceptance on new devices in a different manner than everyone else and unless a hardware manufacturer is happy to delay their release everywhere else then devices will tend to launch later there.
    02-23-13 06:16 AM
    Given the vast amount of people that are fully aware that they already have a more than just functional device your comment about everyone else getting a beta is idiotic.

The simple fact of the matter is that carriers outside the states start testing on devices at an earlier stage and thus get their specific issue fixed sooner and acknowledge the usefulness of independent certification called GCF, whereas the likes of at&t and verizon wait until much later before they even go beyond the carrier preview stage and actually start testing devices and do not look to shorten that testing period by paying attention to established certification testing with a net result that when carriers everywhere else get the final software they are able to complete their testing much quicker than the american carriers who are effectively only just starting at that point and will still have specific issues relating to their networks that will have to get fixed after that point.

It is not about blaming carriers it is simply recognising the fact that the american ones carry out technical acceptance on new devices in a different manner than everyone else and unless a hardware manufacturer is happy to delay their release everywhere else then devices will tend to launch later there.
    That does nothing to explain why a host of features are coming in to coincide with the US launch.
    That suggests that BlackBerry were unprepared for this launch, as much as carriers.
    That's my point.
    tomsobon likes this.
    02-23-13 06:37 AM
    Thanks for the link keel999. Yeah the April launch for the Q10 seems realistic because the SDK was just released a few weeks ago. A bit disappointing but at least we have a firm date so that's a good thing. I'll start saving my pennies

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 08:57 AM
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    Thunderbuck, Barljo and akavbb like this.
    02-23-13 01:18 PM
    That does nothing to explain why a host of features are coming in to coincide with the US launch.
    That suggests that BlackBerry were unprepared for this launch, as much as carriers.
    That's my point.
    Host of features in what respect?

There are some specific apps expected to be there in time for the us launch, but that is more to do with 3rd parties not rushing and there being more and more apps added to the store on a daily basis. As far as the OS, there are going to be more features added when they come to launch 10.1, does that mean that anything before that was also a beta too or is it simply a fact that functionality gets added by BB on an ongoing basis e.g. they are still adding functionality to bbm for bbos devices after all this time too.
    02-24-13 05:49 AM
    Well guess what, this looks bad... and again just so you understand I�m a BIIIIIGGGG fan of blackberry�

The frustration keeps building� These delays just show that you HAVEN�T done what you were supposed to do.
    You look like a BIIIIIGGGG TRRROOOOOLLL to me; have had 6 different BBs and just registered?
    F...OFF
    02-24-13 11:37 AM
    You look like a BIIIIIGGGG TRRROOOOOLLL to me; have had 6 different BBs and just registered?
    F...OFF
    Apparently you didn't see the post above by pkcable to calm it down.
    BBKrzy, aldebaran12 and SlickCity like this.
    02-24-13 01:39 PM
    BBRY can take their time releasing the Q10 as they are the only player in the qwerty space. If someone really wants a new qwerty BB, then what is an extra month or two wait? I know it's not right, and I am not making excuses, just saying that that is probably their rationale. Even the Z10 is not fully ready. They could have delayed that another 6 months, but they knew what another delay would do to the company.
    02-24-13 09:13 PM
    I still want the ASUS/Tablet phone... Oh wait it will probably never hit North America ..period. And asus lives....

just my 2cents
    02-24-13 09:23 PM
    If someone really wants a new qwerty BB, then what is an extra month or two wait?
    Not everyone will wait till the end,even the die hards,because things could change as time goes by.
    I know friends,colleagues who once were qwerty fans of BB,but many of them became Apple or Android fans later.BB lose lose huge market shares around the world these years,just because they didn't catch up with the changes.They fell behind.So they should take action faster before more people change their minds,if they don't want to lose more old consumers.Although some of the core-fans will wait whenever it comes,the number of people who are waiting will keep decreasing.

Ps:A March or April release is optimistic estimate.Maybe later even in the UK where the Z10 arrived first.TOO SLOW,and BAD TIMING,because many new products from other vendors will be on sale in a month or two.
    Last edited by keel999; 02-25-13 at 12:29 AM.
    BBKrzy likes this.
    02-25-13 12:17 AM
    The carrier excuse is super lame. Its poor planning and incompetence.

Posted via CB10
    tomsobon likes this.
    02-25-13 06:10 AM
    Host of features in what respect?

There are some specific apps expected to be there in time for the us launch, but that is more to do with 3rd parties not rushing and there being more and more apps added to the store on a daily basis. As far as the OS, there are going to be more features added when they come to launch 10.1, does that mean that anything before that was also a beta too or is it simply a fact that functionality gets added by BB on an ongoing basis e.g. they are still adding functionality to bbm for bbos devices after all this time too.
    Seriously? Native apps like Travel, lack of email functionality, notifications, are you seriously telling me you own this device and think it's complete at present?

Posted via CB10
    02-25-13 08:56 AM
    What does me being Canadian have to do with anything? Are you trying to say that because I'm Canadian, I obviously know less about a Canadian company?
    Of course being on the US market would be good for them, and once BB10 is released there their 3rd position will be stronger.
    I'm saying the US isn't fully needed, the US is nice for marketing, once people get their hands on a device they talk about it.
    I'm saying if BlackBerry had a strong presence globally, they wouldn't need such as big presence in the US, where most people are too ignorant to change their view of a company.
    If that were true then the RIM stock price wouldn't have gone into the tank as soon as they lost control of the US market.

Like it or not, the US drives EVERYTHING. It's the financial capitol of the world and most of the media coverage originates from here. If Blackberry is going to mount a comeback it is not going to be on the strength of the UK and emerging markets. It absolutely has to ramp up market share in the US to get the media and analysts of its back. Until it does the needle is not going to move.
    02-25-13 10:24 AM
    The carrier excuse is super lame. Its poor planning and incompetence.

Posted via CB10
    Its a very lame old excuse! Verizon has told me that RIM has not issued a release date yet. It's all in RIM;s hands. Not the carriers.
    CallMeNop likes this.
    02-25-13 11:49 AM
    Seriously? Native apps like Travel, lack of email functionality, notifications, are you seriously telling me you own this device and think it's complete at present?
    Travel is a 1st party app but it was never one that came in the default install so it is not an indication of it being an unfinished product for it to not be there, and as far as email and notifications there is room to improve but that is not the same as saying it is incomplete by any stretch of the imagination.
    02-25-13 02:30 PM
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    F...OFF
    Please read what I have quoted. Be glad this is CrackBerry and not WPCentral because I would be a little more terse in my response over there, and would have quoted rules myself, as an ambassador of that forum. And I know people who are die-hard BB fans yet haven't registered with this forum. Just because he's had 6 different devices doesn't mean he knew about this forum before. Cut him some slack.
    02-27-13 03:50 PM

It's not like BB didn't know this...they've been working with US carriers for many years now. BB simply ran out of time.
    It's beyond unfortunate that BB didn't release their products for the holiday season last year...they really missed a good opportunity.
    It's also a bit head scratching that they wouldn't release arguably their best ace up their sleeves product, a physical keyboard product, first. I don't really understand what they were thinking with that move.
    03-05-13 12:10 AM
    Blackberry is close to lose me as customers.... Even if i can't type on a touchscreen (actually, but it's just learning) device, i'm really close to switch for an Android... Why ? because i'm waiting, and waiting, and waiting so much since 1.5year. The "Big" event, was just "an event", and the phone i'm waiting for (Q10) doesn't show anything. April? May? June? (In France) Run faster Blackberry, or i'll put my "QWERTY keyboard crazyness" on a side and run into something else.

This is not only because i don't like to wait, but there a 2 things: My 9900 is buggy/a bit broken, and i really need to change. And secondly, i have the feelings that Blackberry take me (like all customers) for a dumb people: You like QWERTY ? Ok no problem, we'll show you nothing on it, and because you like it, you'll have to wait more and more... Why? Because of carriers of course, how could you imagine the problem came from us, are you crazy ???
    Desifly, keel999 and smartbuddy like this.
    03-05-13 12:56 AM
    It's not like BB didn't know this...they've been working with US carriers for many years now. BB simply ran out of time.
    It's beyond unfortunate that BB didn't release their products for the holiday season last year...they really missed a good opportunity.
    It's also a bit head scratching that they wouldn't release arguably their best ace up their sleeves product, a physical keyboard product, first. I don't really understand what they were thinking with that move.
    The only way they ran out of time is if they were originally intending to hold back the release in other countries to accommodate the longer test cycle of the american carriers which was never going to happen after they made the decision to move their launch into 2013, now I am sure there must have been a couple of weeks delay to move things onto mid to late march, but realistically with their longer test cycle they were always going to be at least a month behind everyone else.
    03-05-13 06:12 AM
    I was a shareholder too until they released the Ded10 Ackwardberry. I sold just before the monster fail released and have basically been shorting it since. This ship has hit iceberg and now it's only a matter of time.
    bahahahaaa keep telling yourself that
    03-05-13 07:33 AM
226 ... 78910