Oh.. and mr_z10, since you are in the UK have you downloaded the "National Rail Times " app, rated 5stars yet? I'm joking obviously.... before someone verbally attacks again lol.
    No I've not downloaded it, I know all the train times:

a) Delayed
    b) Cancelled

lol
    02-19-13 05:53 AM
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 06:00 AM
    there's always a critic ....can't please everyone that's for sure.
    Actually, I see him over on WPCentral, and he's just as critical (if not more) about Windows Phone over there.
    02-19-13 06:00 AM
    Well they are all delayed or canceled in the UK anyway!

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 06:01 AM
    Well they are all delayed or canceled in the UK anyway!

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't seem to be the case for me up in Leeds, UK. Sure, there's quite a chunk of delays, but they aren't all delayed/cancelled. Now buses however... I see more of them delayed/cancelled than trains! Unfortunately, I can't use your app anyway as I'm a Lumia 920 owner, not a BlackBerry Z10 (although if the dust in the front facing camera issue doesn't get resolved, I MAY just change over to the Z10, as it is highly tempting me). That's the only problem with being heavily invested in the MS ecosystem and wanting Gamerscore across as many different platforms as possible, you're kinda locked in to Windows Phone.
    02-19-13 06:10 AM
    Not saying my point is valid or invalid but it comes down to personal preference really. A lot of ppl prefer touch screen virtual keyboard phones b/c that is what their used to. For the longest time i was used to bb keyboard phones and would never touch anything else. And i intend on going back. You like what you like.
    Elite1 likes this.
    02-19-13 06:37 AM
    I for one would like to know what testing actually entails. I have this image of a Z10 on some IT guy's desk gathering dust whilst he's busy reinstalling a new rom on his Android phone.
    What kind of testing takes more than a couple of days or a week at max?

Does the phone switch on? Check
    Does it make & receive calls? Check
    Send & receive texts? Check
    Internet? Check
    Could we please just stop examining this whole "carrier testing" thing so closely? It's a convenient premise to blame the delay on, that's all.

The US carriers--and maybe even BlackBerry themselves--wanted smaller launches in friendly markets first to gauge consumer acceptance, no more, no less. To actually come out and say that would imply a lack of confidence, and carrier testing is a conveniently opaque process that makes for an easy excuse. I strongly doubt there's much more to it.
    02-19-13 07:12 AM
    Finally a valid and balanced counter argument. Thanks ThunderBuck.

Yes agreed, a staggered launch is quite popular. But imagine the buzz If Thorsten said " these are the new BB10 Devices and they are available now from our website! " even by pre order a la Mr Jobs. The buzz would have been incredible! But I do take your point.

What are your thoughts re direct sales from their site of unlocked devices from the blackberry website? BlackBerry has traditionally depended on carriers in the past (I'm guessing because of the specific data plans that were required) but since they don't have to worry about that anymore, one wonders why they don't give it a go and just sell to who ever wants them, no matter where in the world they may be (within reason of course)? Google does it too. Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    At this point, it's academic (seeing as that didn't actually happen and there's no way to go back and change it). What I'd say, though, is that while a small core body of BlackBerry fans would have been thrilled with earlier availability, critics would have accused the company of manipulating not just consumers, but shareholders as well. Beyond that, nobody would have cared much, because the public at large has dismissed BB.

By the way, when the January 30th date was announced, Heins said that loyal markets would be recognized with earlier availability. That's exactly what's been happening.
    Barljo likes this.
    02-19-13 07:20 AM
    By the way, when the January 30th date was announced, Heins said that loyal markets would be recognized with earlier availability. That's exactly what's been happening.
    You mean Z10 came earlier in the UK and Canada?
    Do hope these will happen on Q10 as well.For now,some reports said that Q10 won't appear in the UK until Q3,even later than the US.It's not fair for a loyal market like UK.
    but of course,it's only a report and nobody here can confirm or deny it at this moment.And how about Canada?At least no official announcement on the release date so far.

by the way, according to korean's media,S4 will be shipped/on sale in mid April(maybe to Euro and/or Asia.NOT the US of course).It's only a month after the stage show on March 15th.
    BB continue losing markets these years.They should be faster and better than their competitors if they want to win.
    02-19-13 09:57 AM
    Could we please just stop examining this whole "carrier testing" thing so closely? It's a convenient premise to blame the delay on, that's all.

The US carriers--and maybe even BlackBerry themselves--wanted smaller launches in friendly markets first to gauge consumer acceptance, no more, no less. To actually come out and say that would imply a lack of confidence, and carrier testing is a conveniently opaque process that makes for an easy excuse. I strongly doubt there's much more to it.
    Could we most definitely please stop posting personal opinions as though they are fact?

As you have your doubts, I have mine, don't dictate what we should do because it doesn't coincide with your thesis.
    02-19-13 10:17 AM
    I guess we will never learn from our carriers about any release dates. Verizon just told me they can't give out any information until the phone itself is on the website and don't know if they will be carrying any blackberry 10 phone as of yet. How crazy is this?
    02-19-13 10:24 AM
    What "delay"? BlackBerry said the phones will come out 1st quarter 2013. March (Z10) is still within 1st quarter. There is no "delay". Just because others are getting it first has no bearing on what was initially said. Phones are still on target for release.
    02-19-13 12:26 PM
    I for one would like to know what testing actually entails. I have this image of a Z10 on some IT guy's desk gathering dust whilst he's busy reinstalling a new rom on his Android phone.
    What kind of testing takes more than a couple of days or a week at max?

Does the phone switch on? Check
    Does it make & receive calls? Check
    Send & receive texts? Check
    Internet? Check

Testing goes way beyond that, especially in the states. Just on calling alone, there is quality and reliability to consider. AT&T has a reputation to hold. They are not just going to let any phone pass through with their name under it......
    How an AT&T smartphone comes to life: behind the scenes (part two)
    imz likes this.
    02-19-13 12:37 PM
    One other thing, I work for AT&T. Testing is still ongoing.
    02-19-13 12:40 PM
    man up and deal.....
    02-19-13 12:42 PM
    Wheres your source?
    Friends/employees of BlackBerry, Waterloo that I have spoken with.
    Are they right? I can't verify they are any more than anyone else can verify they would be wrong.

It still makes the most sense. The Z10 has been available for carrier testing since Oct 31 2012.
    02-19-13 01:16 PM
    One other thing, I work for AT&T. Testing is still ongoing.
    Then my question for you is did AT&T get the Z10 Oct 31 2012 like 49 other global carriers.?
    If not, why not?
    If so, why does it take AT&T 4+ months to test what other carriers managed to test in 3 months?
    Edit: Other carriers have high standards too.

Thanks
    Blacklatino likes this.
    02-19-13 01:20 PM
    Then my question for you is did AT&T get the Z10 Oct 31 2012 like 49 other global carriers.?
    If not, why not?
    If so, why does it take AT&T 4+ months to test what other carriers managed to test in 3 months?
    Logically, the conclusion is that at&t do not work like other carriers who would typically have multiple phases of testing and instead basically do not start until the final software is available and thus effectively did not start until January, whereas other carriers will take the approach that several shorter bursts of testing and hugely less lag on the release date is a better way to work.

One thing to bear in mind is that most carriers globally tend to use one lot of infrastructure who their entire network and thus all their testing applies equally to the whole of their network, whereas with at&t weren't they basically cobbled together from a bunch of regional carriers with a wider variety of infrastructures?
    02-19-13 01:32 PM
    If not, why not?
    Edit: Other carriers have high standards too.

Thanks
    From my source (guy I work with from marketing), he didn't know why. Just knew testing was still being done.
    02-19-13 02:20 PM
    Carriers really are not allowed to produce that information. I have asked several times. They said their hush hush on it b/c of their competitors. Whatever that means. How hard is it just to say when a certain device is going to be released?
    02-19-13 02:46 PM
    Testing goes way beyond that, especially in the states. Just on calling alone, there is quality and reliability to consider. AT&T has a reputation to hold. They are not just going to let any phone pass through with their name under it......
    How an AT&T smartphone comes to life: behind the scenes (part two)
    I guess I take it back, this stupid phone has let me down twice now.

It makes a phone call fine... but on two occasions when ending a call, it gets stuck, when I try to call back or make another call it says "the current call will be dropped", but it won't drop it, causes its still trying to hang it up, the calls ended officially but its stuck in this state!!

So I reboot, make the call, and they can't hear me, so I have to call back the 3rd time!

WOW, never swore so much at a plastic object! Please stay in testing.
    02-20-13 07:16 AM
    I love my z10.
    02-20-13 08:27 AM
    You mean Z10 came earlier in the UK and Canada?
    Do hope these will happen on Q10 as well.For now,some reports said that Q10 won't appear in the UK until Q3,even later than the US.It's not fair for a loyal market like UK.
    but of course,it's only a report and nobody here can confirm or deny it at this moment.And how about Canada?At least no official announcement on the release date so far.

by the way, according to korean's media,S4 will be shipped/on sale in mid April(maybe to Euro and/or Asia.NOT the US of course).It's only a month after the stage show on March 15th.
    BB continue losing markets these years.They should be faster and better than their competitors if they want to win.
    Yes, the Z10 has been available in the UK since Jan 31, and in Canada since Feb 5. Both my wife and I have shiny new Z10s.

And I've seen Telus accepting pre-orders for the Q10, which they don't do more than a few weeks before release. My own (very SWAG-y guess) would see it as early as the first week of March.
    bER1Nry likes this.
    02-20-13 12:47 PM
    If they don't regain the US market, they might as well put up the For Sale sign.
    im sorry but I dont get why everyone thinks the US market will decided BlackBerrys future when they have way LARGER markets else where, which is obviously why they are focusing on them first... besides when it comes to anything. videos games, systems. US always gets these things last after UK and Canada... what i dont get is why no one is realizes this. Im tired of hearing the complaints
    02-20-13 01:45 PM
    You still here, ******? Getting kinda brave behind the keyboard, aren't ya? When you have something of value you can even remotely
    contribute.....please feel free to buy some manners, and come on back...we have a troll section.....it starts with "i"
    Wow, calling someone a ****** or an i.d.i.o.t. is just wrong. Try an anger management class to relieve your frustrations.
    02-20-13 02:14 PM
226 ... 678910