This is unacceptable... I'm sorry Blackberry but you lost your face� once again...
    How can you have a launch presentation and not deliver the phones before months??? What is wrong with this company?? And guys trust me, I�m a big fan of blackberry, had 6 different phones and still on BB 9790 waiting for the Q10� but come on once again you screwed things up and I don�t know how long I will keep defending you...
    The qwerty device was only ever going to be introduced at the launch event, they had always said that the qwerty model would follow after the all-touch and it was the z10 that was going to be readily available after that event and indeed it was in countries with less backwards carriers.
    02-09-13 06:32 AM
    Pre-Launch they said the z10 would release in waves, I understood.
    They said the z10 would come first, CLOSELY followed by the q10, I understood.
    They said they were carrier testing in October, I understood.
    The precise timeframe for the q10 was never defined and while I am sure they would have preferred it to be a shorter gap, the crucial thing was obviously to make sure the z10 launch happened on time. As far as the carrier testing, that was clearly only talking about the z10 rather than both devices.

My problem lies in them calming everyone down when the analyst said the phone is coming out in March only for him to be correct.
    My problem lies in them saying the q10 would come out within two weeks of the z10 not two-three months.
    My problem lies in Thor only having two phones to worry about and not even being able to get them to the public in a timely manner even after delaying so many times.
    Lastly, my problem lies in Thor having his main launch in New York and no one in New York has the ability to get the phone till late March -June.
    The march date was being touted as for everywhere, people who bought them in the uk a day after the launch would disagree with you about that march date being correct for them.#
    They never stated two weeks and while 2 months is later than they would have liked, it probably reflects a desire to ensure these launches go well when they happen.
    Only two phones is irrelevant as the crucial thing was making sure bb10 was right.
    The New York thing was clearly a political move to show they were not ignoring the states even with their carriers being useless, if they had not included them in the launch events then the media would have painted it as them snubbing america.
    02-09-13 06:40 AM
    It's gotta be the Carrier's undoing there. This is beyond Blackberry's control. How can Blackberry manage to do a sequential launch on different countries in a span of one month if the devices were not put to testing at the same time?

About the launch sequence, it's more tactical to create buzz to launch elsewhere than attacking US firsthand; starting in the place with UK as a BB Country (they need the money to launch to another place among other costs). Assuming Blackberry did manage to get crazy sales elsewhere (or around US), this probably will entice the attention of everyone in US. It's no secret that BB is already nearly disregarded in the US, so why not have it knocking loud the US along with with proven satisfaction elsewhere. Also, I have to gut feeling that BB is rather trying to be precise than rushed; it probably would use everyone else to somehow evaluate the Z10 and then do some fixes before they launch at US. It's up to them how they judge the ramifications of releasing too early or too late.

At least at this point, T-Mobile is willing to carry the device ahead of the competition (assuming they DO want it finished soonest). I don't know the preference of Americans regarding T-Mo but at least there's one in there who's willing to serve it first.
    02-09-13 10:02 AM
    The only objective measure I can think of to judge a launch is the success of the product, and we have little clear sense of what that is. You call it a bland presentation, I call it "managing expectations". Anyone who'd buy a Z10 strictly because they'd been impressed by a flashy launch event would have returned it in a week.

And for the sake of full disclosure, no, I wasn't nuts about the launch presentation either, but I have a hard time seeing how it reflects on the product. Maybe you can clear that up for me.

I also think the late US launch has more to do with the carriers wanting to see how well the Z10 did in other markets before they risked too much money on marketing an unknown quantity. That's not BB's fault.
    I just feel like they need to show a sense of urgency and excitement from the CEO to the front desk receptionist. A more exciting launch and presentation would have made people at least want to look at this thing when it's available. I don't buy your argument about people buying and returning. In any case, that's the wonderful thing here is that we can agree to disagree. I hope they succeed and I hope the Q10 is magnificent when it finally comes to Verizon. I think we can both agree that no matter what we felt about the launch and their subsequent marketing strategies, we both are rooting for BB to succeed.
    02-09-13 02:59 PM
    About the launch sequence, it's more tactical to create buzz to launch elsewhere than attacking US firsthand; starting in the place with UK as a BB Country (they need the money to launch to another place among other costs). Assuming Blackberry did manage to get crazy sales elsewhere (or around US), this probably will entice the attention of everyone in US. It's no secret that BB is already nearly disregarded in the US, so why not have it knocking loud the US along with with proven satisfaction elsewhere. Also, I have to gut feeling that BB is rather trying to be precise than rushed; it probably would use everyone else to somehow evaluate the Z10 and then do some fixes before they launch at US. It's up to them how they judge the ramifications of releasing too early or too late.
    Personally, I think there would have always been some expectation that the states would lag behind other countries, the thing that has caught out BB is the extent to just how slack the american carriers are happy to be if your company is not called apple or samsung, they were probably expecting to have launched on all the american carriers by the end of feb at the outside.
    02-09-13 04:57 PM
    That is just terrible, Blackberry losing his face like that. I hope he finds it!
    02-09-13 05:25 PM
    This is unacceptable... I'm sorry Blackberry but you lost your face� once again...
    How can you have a launch presentation and not deliver the phones before months??? What is wrong with this company?? And guys trust me, I�m a big fan of blackberry, had 6 different phones and still on BB 9790 waiting for the Q10� but come on once again you screwed things up and I don�t know how long I will keep defending you...

Carrier tests in the US take a few months? OF COURSE IT DOES, and Thorsten don�t come out in public like a beaten up puppy saying that you didn�t know about it� you�ve been building phones for over 10 years, you should have all details about any carriers tests GLOBALLY�
    I did somehow understand that the company wanted to focus its attention on the Touchscreen device, since it�s innovative and should be the flagship product going forward. But YOU CANNOT release the QWERTY model 4 to 5 months after presentation. What the **** have you been doing for the last year?? Weren�t you suppose to prepare this make it or break it come back?? Well guess what, this looks bad... and again just so you understand I�m a BIIIIIGGGG fan of blackberry�

The frustration keeps building� These delays just show that you HAVEN�T done what you were supposed to do.
    I sure hope you demand the same level of perfection in your own work and personal life. If not why not?
    02-09-13 05:59 PM

Carrier tests in the US take a few months? OF COURSE IT DOES, and Thorsten don�t come out in public like a beaten up puppy saying that you didn�t know about it� you�ve been building phones for over 10 years, you should have all details about any carriers tests GLOBALLY�
    I did somehow understand that the company wanted to focus its attention on the Touchscreen device, since it�s innovative and should be the flagship product going forward. But YOU CANNOT release the QWERTY model 4 to 5 months after presentation. What the **** have you been doing for the last year?? Weren�t you suppose to prepare this make it or break it come back?? Well guess what, this looks bad... and again just so you understand I�m a BIIIIIGGGG fan of blackberry�

The frustration keeps building� These delays just show that you HAVEN�T done what you were supposed to do.
    I'm afraid you're not getting the whole picture. There is a reason behind the delayed launch. We are dealing with a brand new OS, for that I am sure. I am like many others, wishing that it was well more rounded out. However, I understand that, we need to give them some room. They have a good reason to delay that launch because of the app ecosystem. That in my view, could very well determine whether the end result is a success or not.
    02-09-13 06:11 PM
    I thought BB was dead already???

is this another 'nail in the coffin'?

This is getting funnier and funnier every day with people calling for BBs demise but it just never happens. Why dont people go whinge about some companies that are actually in trouble?

Their cash keeps growing. They just released a dynamite product. Don't people tire of being wrong all the time?
    geoffsdad and motor96 like this.
    02-09-13 06:24 PM
    No, you are not the only one pissed. I am for sure, battling my iPhone friends for months and to get disappointed at launch was a real let down. I am true BB supporter, but I can only wait so long, Not going to get an iPhone, but I may start looking at droids.
    02-09-13 10:36 PM
    I sure hope you demand the same level of perfection in your own work and personal life. If not why not?
    ROFL! Yes...and if his life hasn't absolutely fallen apart in the last few years, if his income hasn't gone from high to negative, if he hasn't lost a lot of his friends, if his reputation in the community isn't down the toilet, and if people doubt whether he can even exist then he's fine.

Incidently, it wouldn't matter of course, even if he didn't. It wouldn't make his comments any less valid, or lessen his right to make them. I know this is a common argument tactic on the internet (and in certain circles in real-life), but in most contexts it's irrational to the point of being meaningless.
    rottonj and Chris Marsch like this.
    02-10-13 12:38 AM
    I'm on mine right now. Stop thinking you are the center of the universe/ only market. It's being released at different times everywhere
    02-10-13 02:00 AM
    62,641,000 - Population of United Kingdom
    34,482,779 - Population of Canada

313,914,040 - Population of the United States
    02-10-13 03:10 AM
    Exactly. Even in the automotive business, models are releases in EU and other emerging countries first. Not saying that they are test pigs but its just the way companies are doing business.

US is hard country to please. Lets be real here. Expectations are high.

And @njblackberry, Windows as in referring to the OS.
    Yes you can say the US is a hard country to please, and I guess you can safely say expectations are high, but in the end in the USA, the customer is going to pay through the nose for every single advancement in technology for what ever product we are purchasing. Especially cell phones, and especially BlackBerry cell phones. I question the delay in the US as a BlackBerry hold up, but the US cell companies doing what they do for whatever reason. Don't forget the whole world was programed to believe RIM/BlackBerry was dead, and it will be hard for people to admit they were wrong. BUT IT WILL BE FUN TO WATCH THEM EAT THEIR WORDS! Hahahahahahahahahaha! (very sinister laugh). Peace.
    02-10-13 08:41 AM
    Oh no! Wherever has his face gone?

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    world saviour likes this.
    02-10-13 08:42 AM

Population of UK and Canada still very interested in BlackBerry 97,000,000+
    Population of US very interested in BlackBerry, ???

Even the US carriers were not sure they wanted to carry BlackBerry anymore...hence the wait.

02-10-13 08:58 AM
    Do carriers outside of the United States load "bloatware" onto their devices? Just wondering if that's part of the delay.
    02-10-13 09:07 AM
    I have it on good authority that the US doesn't have the Z10 yet because the US carriers truly were not interested in putting BlackBerry in their rotation. Simple as that.

Does anyone really believe all this 'delays in testing' nonsense? Is it believable that not one of the carriers from one of the worlds most powerful economies can't put a cell phone out at the same release time as much smaller (pop.) country carriers?

T. Heins is simply being nice by not flat out saying that the US carriers are completely at fault. He's not about to publicly burn those bridges.

If anyone should 'lose face' it would be the US carriers, not BlackBerry.
    Last edited by pmccartney; 02-10-13 at 09:45 AM. Reason: sp.
    PiotrBB10 likes this.
    02-10-13 09:18 AM
    For so many people in US "hating" BlackBerry there is sure a lot of whining "where's mine" threads popping up. It's sad to see how people have lost any kind of patience and are only concerned with instant gratification.
    Instant gratification isn't the word I'd use when describing the wait for a product that was delayed for more than 2 quarters, putting the companys survival in danger and pushing the stock down to $6

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    02-10-13 09:21 AM
    Huh? The whole thread is about delay in US. It's selling fine elsewhere and making money for Blackberry just fine. I was commenting on the constant whining because of the fact that some people have to wait few more weeks to get their hands on them.

We waited few years for these phones, few more weeks ain't gonna kill ya.

Instant gratification isn't the word I'd use when describing the wait for a product that was delayed for more than 2 quarters, putting the companys survival in danger and pushing the stock down to $6

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    world saviour likes this.
    02-10-13 09:34 AM

02-10-13 09:42 AM
    Blackberry has bigger problems than another delay. If the Z10, aka the Akwardberry is the best they can do the company is toast! The street response to the Awkwardberry would be something akin to 'Is that all you got son?!' A gimmicky 'Hub', aka holding down the Blackberry key on the 9900? C'mon, massive fail.

The entire business is riding on the Q10 I believe. While a % of the loyalists (50% perhaps?) find the Z10 acceptable, that will do nothing to stem the tide of defectors to iOS and Android products. The army of lawyers, bankers, govt & other corporate organizations that haven't switched platforms were not holding out for the Awkardbery. They want a competent KEYBOARD based smartphone that can browse the web properly, take some decent photos without crashing & ya, downloaded many of the popular applications that everyone else has. That's it! Depending on how the Q10 ingrates the shortcuts and simplicity of the old OS into the BB10 + keyboard they might have a chance at holding on to a base and surviving as a company that is a fraction of the size. They will probably morph into a Q10 only hardware business and then license BES to companies that have switched to Apple might want security and better messaging.

Blackberry absolutely needs the US market to survive. They aren't making any money in Indonesia & Africa where people are using recycled phones and $10/month BBM plans. Get serious.

Let's hope the Q10 delivers.
    02-10-13 09:57 AM
    you can't blame blackberry for delay....its launched in uk canada and dubai.....problem lies in the carriers ...... they have a SPECIAL testing to certify the product !!
    02-10-13 10:15 AM
    Great, another Troll that seems to speak for "us". The world needs less "experts" like you. Thor and the gang know what they're doing, this **** is chess, not checkers.

Blackberry has bigger problems than another delay. If the Z10, aka the Akwardberry is the best they can do the company is toast! The street response to the Awkwardberry would be something akin to 'Is that all you got son?!' A gimmicky 'Hub', aka holding down the Blackberry key on the 9900? C'mon, massive fail.

The entire business is riding on the Q10 I believe. While a % of the loyalists (50% perhaps?) find the Z10 acceptable, that will do nothing to stem the tide of defectors to iOS and Android products. The army of lawyers, bankers, govt & other corporate organizations that haven't switched platforms were not holding out for the Awkardbery. They want a competent KEYBOARD based smartphone that can browse the web properly, take some decent photos without crashing & ya, downloaded many of the popular applications that everyone else has. That's it! Depending on how the Q10 ingrates the shortcuts and simplicity of the old OS into the BB10 + keyboard they might have a chance at holding on to a base and surviving as a company that is a fraction of the size. They will probably morph into a Q10 only hardware business and then license BES to companies that have switched to Apple might want security and better messaging.

Blackberry absolutely needs the US market to survive. They aren't making any money in Indonesia & Africa where people are using recycled phones and $10/month BBM plans. Get serious.

Let's hope the Q10 delivers.
    bombastic likes this.
    02-10-13 10:19 AM
    ^hey Daysofthunders,

Do you mean to tell me you actually like the Awkwardberry? And I'm not a troll. I joined this site yrs ago, ie last time RIM brought out a device, but can't remember my password.
    02-10-13 10:23 AM
226 ... 23456 ...