This is unacceptable... I'm sorry Blackberry but you lost your face� once again...
    How can you have a launch presentation and not deliver the phones before months??? What is wrong with this company?? And guys trust me, I�m a big fan of blackberry, had 6 different phones and still on BB 9790 waiting for the Q10� but come on once again you screwed things up and I don�t know how long I will keep defending you...

Carrier tests in the US take a few months? OF COURSE IT DOES, and Thorsten don�t come out in public like a beaten up puppy saying that you didn�t know about it� you�ve been building phones for over 10 years, you should have all details about any carriers tests GLOBALLY�
    I did somehow understand that the company wanted to focus its attention on the Touchscreen device, since it�s innovative and should be the flagship product going forward. But YOU CANNOT release the QWERTY model 4 to 5 months after presentation. What the **** have you been doing for the last year?? Weren�t you suppose to prepare this make it or break it come back?? Well guess what, this looks bad... and again just so you understand I�m a BIIIIIGGGG fan of blackberry�

The frustration keeps building� These delays just show that you HAVEN�T done what you were supposed to do.
    02-08-13 03:54 AM
    talk is cheap!
    BryantCarpio likes this.
    02-08-13 04:11 AM
    Guess they're looking after their biggest markets first?
    ibpluto and ubermanx like this.
    02-08-13 04:12 AM
    Pre-Launch they said the z10 would release in waves, I understood.
    They said the z10 would come first, CLOSELY followed by the q10, I understood.
    They said they were carrier testing in October, I understood.

My problem lies in them releasing the dev alpha C AFTER the launch of the z10.
    My problem lies in them calming everyone down when the analyst said the phone is coming out in March only for him to be correct.
    My problem lies in them saying the q10 would come out within two weeks of the z10 not two-three months.
    My problem lies in Thor only having two phones to worry about and not even being able to get them to the public in a timely manner even after delaying so many times.
    Lastly, my problem lies in Thor having his main launch in New York and no one in New York has the ability to get the phone till late March -June.
    02-08-13 05:26 AM
    talk is cheap!
    Exactly, I'm just looking at facts!!!
    02-08-13 05:27 AM
    Guess they're looking after their biggest markets first?
    If they don't regain the US market, they might as well put up the For Sale sign.
    02-08-13 05:30 AM
    My guess is that both of them OS wise still weren't ready but they could not delay again. So they release the most ready one and hope people will not mind too much if updates happen soon.
    02-08-13 05:40 AM
    If they don't regain the US market, they might as well put up the For Sale sign.
    Are you joking?
    BlackBerry only needs a strong presence in UK, Canada, India, and Asia.
    They don't fully need the US...
    BBThemes, bungaboy, bbmtna and 8 others like this.
    02-08-13 05:43 AM
    Let me guess.. You live in Canada.
    They need the US. Frank told me that at the launch.
    And they need US businesses too.

You forgot Nigeria. They need Nigeria also.
    02-08-13 05:48 AM

They need the US for the popularity contest, not to stay alive.

Think about it...market share dropped in the US but increased in other countries. BlackBerry stayed alive because of the increase in subscriptions elsewhere. BBRY is a successful and popular brand...just not in the US.

Its called being a global company and not just for the US. There are a ton of companies that are successful because of other countries. Nokia and Windows is one of them.

Im from the US and Im saying this. Its still a business and smart business decisions still should be made.

Sent from Bold 9930 #blackberrybychoice
    Last edited by walt63; 02-08-13 at 07:43 AM.
    02-08-13 06:03 AM

what they need , is to release those handsets... and if those handsets are not ready, then don't ghost launch them. this is ridiculous I'm sorry, I've read everything that was there to read about the hub, flow, peek etc etc, OVER AND OVER. I've been hooked on blackberry news for months before the luanch, only to find out i need to wait 3 more months?

Am i the only one pissed off?? really?
    tre5tackz likes this.
    02-08-13 06:07 AM
    They need the US for the popularity content, not to stay alive.

Think about it...market share dropped in the US but increased in other countries. BlackBerry stayed alive because of the increase in subscriptions elsewhere. BBRY is a successful and popular brand...just not in the US.

Its called being a global company and not just for the US. There are a ton of companies that are successful because of other countries. Nokia and Windows is one of them.

Im from the US an Im saying this. Its still a business and smart business decisions still should be made.

Sent from Bold 9930 #blackberrybychoice
    Are you suggesting that Nokia and Windows (I tried to find a company called Windows) could lose 95% of US marketshare and still survive? And then launch a flagship product and leave the US to the end.
    Now that is unique marketing.

BlackBerry has one shot to get back in the game (being #3 or #4 is a consolation prize - Microsoft doesn't care how much money they make or lose on phones; neither does Google. BlackBerry HAS to care about the US market.

Why else would they be reaching out to CIOs. Why else did they invite big customers to the launch? Which was held in New York City.

Just think about it.
    jdhooghe and BryantCarpio like this.
    02-08-13 06:11 AM

What does me being Canadian have to do with anything? Are you trying to say that because I'm Canadian, I obviously know less about a Canadian company?
    Of course being on the US market would be good for them, and once BB10 is released there their 3rd position will be stronger.
    I'm saying the US isn't fully needed, the US is nice for marketing, once people get their hands on a device they talk about it.
    I'm saying if BlackBerry had a strong presence globally, they wouldn't need such as big presence in the US, where most people are too ignorant to change their view of a company.
    halw and elmit22 like this.
    02-08-13 06:24 AM
    How can you have a launch presentation and not deliver the phones before months???
    You do realize that the phones have been released, right. Just because it is not in the USA doesn't mean it wasn't a real launch. Other companies also release in waves, it is not uncommon. But to say that they didn't deliver is not right, I have one.
    02-08-13 06:31 AM
    You do realize that the phones have been released, right. Just because it is not in the USA doesn't mean it wasn't a real launch. Other companies also release in waves, it is not uncommon. But to say that they didn't deliver is not right, I have one.
    Thank you for this, I also think BlackBerry has a very good approach to this.
    They are storming the US from all around, and once released in the US, the phones will have a nice amount of reviews.
    revtech likes this.
    02-08-13 06:33 AM
    Are you suggesting that Nokia and Windows (I tried to find a company called Windows) could lose 95% of US marketshare and still survive? And then launch a flagship product and leave the US to the end.
    Nokia actually hugely lost US market and somehow survived until new CEO arrived and flushed Nokia's stocks. Many Americans tend to overestimate the importance of US market in global arena If it is so important most companies would do launch in US first, following the rest of the world. But, somehow most launches happen not in US first. Of course you can argue that we, Europeans/Asians, are lab rats and companies test devices before bring them to US, but I doubt it for some unspecified reason I think you already should get used to the fact that you'll get devices not the last, but most of the time not first, why complain about it?
    02-08-13 06:39 AM

Its called being a global company and not just for the US.
    RIM global market share of sold smartphones in Q1 of 2009 = 20%
    RIM global market share of sold smartphones in Q3 of 2012 = 4.2%

In Q4 of 2009, RIM added 3.9 million BlackBerry subscribers and made 1.89 Billion in profit.

In Q4 of 2012, RIM lost some 2 million subscribers (the first subscriber loss in the company's history) and lost 9 million dollars more than they brought in.

I do agree with you, we are talking about a global business here. And globally, they have been in a downward spiral every since the United States moved on.
    BryantCarpio likes this.
    02-08-13 06:43 AM
    I'm not from the US, nor in the US... I am in Switzerland, Europe, and the phones so far have, sorry THE phone, Z10 has been released only in the UK and in Canada... Go ask apple what they think about Blackberry's launch strategy.. ahha, they are LTAO believe me...

although i agree with those who say that the US market is VERY important, this is not the point I want to make... If you have an official release, release the phones, if you're not ready, then don't launch... US Europe Asia, it has to go flawless in every region from day 2 after launch, or a week at most...

Blackberry has done a good job with the OS10, no questions asked, the phones look good too. But in the position the company is, a "good job" is definitely not what i was expecting. They need to do a GREAT job, as so far I'm judging them on facts, and facts are i need to wait a few months, probably even more since there's no launch date for the Q10 anyway, before getting a new phone, and by that time, the Galaxy S4 will be announced and god knows what other handsets will be released...

Frustration is what I feel, and in the end i'll wait like everyone else, and i'll surely end up buying the Q10.

Blackberry, Frustrating your customers is not a good strategy, FYI
    02-08-13 06:49 AM
    The launch event was planned months in advance, the US carriers delaying their release was not. Should Thor have moved the main launch site out of NY, to say Toronto? Of course not. Imagine what that would have done to public sentiment and image.

I understand the frustration. You're not alone. Launch day was a plethora of posts expressing the same feelings. Some things are beyond the manufacturer's control. The Q being a secondary priority I can see getting pushed back, with resources focused on US augmentations.

Tis what it is
    02-08-13 06:59 AM
    This is unacceptable... I'm sorry Blackberry but you lost your face… once again...
    My gawd some people like to complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain. There are lots of threads about this already.

1. The Q10 was never, ever supposed to launch at the same time as the Z10. Ever. When the launch date was moved, they said, "we'll launch them closer together". At Best Buy yesterday, they were already taking preorders for it.

2. I can buy the Z10 now. UK people can by the Z10 now. Call the US carriers and complain ... and maybe they'll get it sooner. T Mobile is already saying in a couple of weeks.

Carrier tests in the US take a few months? OF COURSE IT DOES, and Thorsten don’t come out in public like a beaten up puppy saying that you didn’t know about it… you’ve been building phones for over 10 years, you should have all details about any carriers tests GLOBALLY…
    And what would they do? If they moved the launch again, people would moan. If they released an incomplete product, people would moan. If they had the other carriers in Canada and the UK hold off to wait for the US, they'd moan.
    But YOU CANNOT release the QWERTY model 4 to 5 months after presentation.
    The presentation was done almost February. Tmobile is talking about getting the phone in March, the others in April.

What the **** have you been doing for the last year??
    Developed lots of operating systems from scratch personally have you?
    02-08-13 06:59 AM
    I'm saying if BlackBerry had a strong presence globally, they wouldn't need such as big presence in the US, where most people are too ignorant to change their view of a company.
    Perfect. And that is jingoism. And a clear sign that you are ignoring the fact that BlackBerry needs the US market desperately. Why not think about it. When BlackBerry lost the US, their decline accelerated. BlackBerry isn't (yet) making cheap phones (like the 8500 series) to fill the need in developing countries. They need the US. You may not (and thanks for insulting your largest trading partner, but that's OK). You may know a lot about your favorite Canadian company, but you don't know ANYTHING about global marketing. Or much of anything else, from reading this post.
    adjdudley21 and jdhooghe like this.
    02-08-13 07:03 AM
    Well this sure shows there is a demand for the product in USA.

I got mine.

Blackberry lost face on product release-patience_grasshopper.jpg
    02-08-13 07:04 AM
    they launched because they are selling.........right now....OK not in the US.....but was Blackberry supposed to sell and then do a launch after already selling for weeks?
    my guess is if they did that, Blackberry would get a lot of complaints, i mean this thread is so ridiculously contradictory...
    02-08-13 07:24 AM
    RIM global market share of sold smartphones in Q1 of 2009 = 20%
    RIM global market share of sold smartphones in Q3 of 2012 = 4.2%

In Q4 of 2009, RIM added 3.9 million BlackBerry subscribers and made 1.89 Billion in profit.

In Q4 of 2012, RIM lost some 2 million subscribers (the first subscriber loss in the company's history) and lost 9 million dollars more than they brought in.

I do agree with you, we are talking about a global business here. And globally, they have been in a downward spiral every since the United States moved on.
    Valid points buts invalid use. Yes, the US still counts as global and you look at that 2 million subscribers, I could bet that it's mostly from the US.

I never said that BBRY gained a global market share. My point is based on it's survival due to increased subscriptions in OTHER COUNTRIES than the US.
    02-08-13 07:36 AM
    Nokia actually hugely lost US market and somehow survived until new CEO arrived and flushed Nokia's stocks. Many Americans tend to overestimate the importance of US market in global arena If it is so important most companies would do launch in US first, following the rest of the world. But, somehow most launches happen not in US first. Of course you can argue that we, Europeans/Asians, are lab rats and companies test devices before bring them to US, but I doubt it for some unspecified reason I think you already should get used to the fact that you'll get devices not the last, but most of the time not first, why complain about it?
    Exactly. Even in the automotive business, models are releases in EU and other emerging countries first. Not saying that they are test pigs but its just the way companies are doing business.

US is hard country to please. Lets be real here. Expectations are high.

And @njblackberry, Windows as in referring to the OS.
    02-08-13 07:42 AM
226 123 ...