BlackBerry Link is not working with my Q10 – reports that it 'Can't Communicate with Device' and advises reconnection, which I've now done several times, or offers a device 'restore' to factory settings.

I get the same result with different Mac desktops (at home & work), using different USB data cables, before and after updating to 10.3.2.2836. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Link software.
    Sachesi also fail to establish a connection to my Q10.

This started prior to my last BB10 update, I took a bit of a chance upgrading to 10.3.2.2836 OTA hoping that would fix my connection problems that started before the update - it didn't. Problem now is I can't make any backups; I do have some backup archives of 10.3.1.x but couldn't roll back even if I wanted to.

Advice on what to try next would be welcomed. I'm reluctant to try 'restore' but that might be where I have to go.

-link_358.jpg
    Last edited by mushroom_daddy; 01-18-16 at 04:14 AM.
    01-18-16 03:54 AM
    I always try uninstalling all things BlackBerry (Blend, Drivers, LINK.... older software) reboot, download latest version of BLEND which includes LINK and updated drivers... reboot.

But if you are having issues on both windows and a mac.... you have tried reinstalling the software, different cable, and you have had issues with different version of BB10. A full factory reset might work, or there might be a hardware issue.

I'd suggest you use an on device backup app to save what you can to the SD card
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    01-18-16 10:46 AM
    I always try uninstalling all things BlackBerry (Blend, Drivers, LINK.... older software) reboot, download latest version of BLEND which includes LINK and updated drivers... reboot.

But if you are having issues on both windows and a mac.... you have tried reinstalling the software, different cable, and you have had issues with different version of BB10. A full factory reset might work, or there might be a hardware issue.

I'd suggest you use an on device backup app to save what you can to the SD card
    Like which? I'm having the same issue and I'm about to switch to a Classic...
    01-20-16 07:50 PM
    Like which? I'm having the same issue and I'm about to switch to a Classic...
    I have to admit that I've not yet resolved this problem myself. My update to 10.3.2.2836 is currently working well and I haven't made any backup – because I can't get Link working and don't yet have an alternative backup solution. I expect that trouble is just around the corner .....
    01-21-16 08:41 AM
    I have to admit that I've not yet resolved this problem myself. My update to 10.3.2.2836 is currently working well and I haven't made any backup – because I can't get Link working and don't yet have an alternative backup solution. I expect that trouble is just around the corner .....
    Well, I'm glad to report that I looked around my discarded equipment for an old Windoze vista laptop, found one and installed link on it, and after a very agonizing 30 minutes while "Windoze searched it it's library or drivers" it finally read and connected to my Q10! So I'm backed up now and ready to switch to the classic this evening..... What a relief!
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    01-21-16 01:21 PM
    It looks like Apple holds a grudge against us that refuse to drink their iPhart kool aid and stick to our guns with the true, secure Blackberry 7 or 10 OS's and hence there's issues with Macs. While I firmly believe that Mac OS and hardware is superior to those of windows, their iOS is very vulnerable to hacks. I don't know about the Priv, but if it needs an app to monitor security, it tells me that android is as vulnerable as the iOS.

Just my 2 cents on the subject.
    01-21-16 01:28 PM
    Just my 2 cents - ensure 'USB Mass Storage Mode' was disabled in device settings.

Drafted on my Q10
    01-21-16 02:06 PM
    Just my 2 cents - ensure 'USB Mass Storage Mode' was disabled in device settings.
    Yes - I had done that but it's good to remind others. I will try with a Windows7 machine when I get the chance, like LJCaptain reports above it be a problem with the Mac version of Link

-- posted via CB10 on my Q10 --
    01-21-16 05:39 PM
    I am on windows 10 - on devise disabled USB mass storage mode - still link does not recognize the devise - OS version 10.3.2.2836
    07-11-17 05:46 AM
    I gave up trying to get BlackBerry Link to work, making no progress with Mac or Windows versions. I have used Sachesi to make backups and most recently to update to 10.3.3.

-- posted via CB10 on my Q10 --
    07-12-17 03:12 AM
    Beware that BBL is not compatible with windows 10 or newer versions of computer software

Posted via CB10
    07-12-17 10:46 PM