Okay, so tried multiple times to sync iTunes music to my Q10, but BlackBerry link either crashed, or it wouldn't download all the music properly.

Deleted the application. Downloaded the latest version, and re-installed it. Still, experienced the same issues.

Any other Mac users out there suffering these challenges, or does anyone know a fix?

Mac: latest OS with latest version of itunes, latest version of BlackBerry Link

Q10: 10.2.1.3023 (latest carrier OS)

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 10:07 AM
    Okay, so tried multiple times to sync iTunes music to my Q10, but BlackBerry link either crashed, or it wouldn't download all the music properly.

Deleted the application. Downloaded the latest version, and re-installed it. Still, experienced the same issues.

Any other Mac users out there suffering these challenges, or does anyone know a fix?

I had the same problems, it's not you. So far I have only been able to sync playlists and specific albums in one way reliably, other actions are unstable. My suggestion would be to ditch Link altogether and just copy your songs manually with file access. You can copy songs directly from iTunes to Finder per drag and drop.
    jegs2 likes this.
    12-18-14 10:16 AM
    Okay, will try the manual way.

Hopefully, the developers will work out the bugs in the near future.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 01:13 PM
    Try Remote File Access on Blackberry Link. Although transferring files might take a little longer but it usually works.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 02:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    i am running blackberry link on 2x macbook pro and air and have had no issues with *sync to itunes music & video

my q10 is running the latest (according to carrier - optus)
    software release
    os version

macbook pro
    mac os snow leopard v10.6.8
    itunes v11.4 (18)
    blackberry link v1.1.1 (build 33)

macbook air
    mac os mavericks v10.9.5
    itunes v12.0.1.26
    blackberry link v1.2.1 (build 18)

*originally chose to sync with itunes on the macbook air (work supplied) but have gone back to using the macbook pro (stable) and not linked to itunes, using the following sequence:
    back up in blackberry link,
    settings >
    storage and access >
    usb mass storage,
    then drag and drop files.
    12-18-14 04:29 PM
    Maybe it likes Snow Leopard better.

Mine uses Mavericks, and it crashes like nobody's business. I can back up my Q10, only after I place the phone in airplane mode.

Did use Eitot's suggestion, and it worked like a charm. Just had to rebuild my playlists on the Q10.
    12-18-14 05:45 PM
    I agree with eSport: far easier to use USB storage method. However this means you have to build the playlists manually on the Q10

Link has been buggy to say the least. For example it works with the Z30 well, can even get the playlists to sync. However with the Q10, successful sync and copying is random at best.
    12-18-14 05:51 PM
    I am running OS 10.7 Lion on my imac with a Z30. BlackBerry Link isn't the best software. It will sync play lists but it's painfully slow. Try adding one play list at a time. I usually drag and drop now on my micro sd card, it's a lot easier.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Gus; 12-18-14 at 07:42 PM.
    12-18-14 07:22 PM
    There's an app for that in BlackBerry World called Sync My iTunes.

Q10 (SQN100-3)
    12-18-14 09:38 PM
    There's an app for that in BlackBerry World called Sync My iTunes.
    Works only with Windows, I think.

Using direct file access is the best option. I also had some annoying data corruption on my iTunes library and I'm 99% positive that it was Link which caused it. It removed songs from my library as well (luckily ones I could redownload from iCloud), something which has never​ happened before. Just stay away from Link, it is not worth the hassle.

For backups I recommend Sachesi anyway, it's a lot more stable and reliable, plus it's actively in development.
    12-19-14 11:38 AM