Blackberry Link has been confusing as hell from day 1......It doesn't work. It's never worked. When the 10.3 upgrade came it's not even an option it the settings menu anymore. When software is downloaded to a PC you never know the outcome ( I've done it many times) is it not supported anymore or did BlackBerry just forget about it???

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 05:11 AM
    why are you installing software from Link? you can turn that off or ignore it and just load the new OS yourself to your phone.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-02-15 05:40 AM
    Blackberry Link has been confusing as hell from day 1......It doesn't work. It's never worked. When the 10.3 upgrade came it's not even an option it the settings menu anymore. When software is downloaded to a PC you never know the outcome ( I've done it many times) is it not supported anymore or did BlackBerry just forget about it???

Posted via CB10
    I've had intermittent results with BB Link Version 1.1.1 (build 33) on my MacBook Air since I upgraded to 10.3.1
    Worked flawlessly on 10.1 & 10.2.1 using BB Link.

I also sync my Q10 to a Windows 7 (*BootCamp onMacBook Air) with BB Link Version 1.2.0.52
    11-02-15 04:55 PM
    Thanks. I think when 10.3 came along. BlackBerry link just became a red headed step child

Posted via CB10
    bettyjo214 likes this.
    11-03-15 04:04 AM
    Strange and link has worked perfect from day 1 way better than BB desktop on my windows 10 pc .
    11-03-15 06:27 AM
    For me, Link has been a what an uncle used to refer to as a "left shoe on the battery" fix. He used to tell his daughter to take of her left shoe an beat the crap out of the battery if the car would not start....After trying a couple of basic fixes. And sometimes post smacking the car would start.

Link is the same, painful, and not intuitive, slow and clunky. I find neither rhyme nor reason why it works or why it doesn't. Have done everything from clean installs, even once or twice in frustration, have wiped a computer. PC or Mac, have both, makes no difference. Corporately we even when contemplating BB again ran a test of a limited number of machines, 20 I believe, we concluded "difficult".

Read the forums, hopefully you will find something that solves your issue. "J" is correct, Link not required for OS upgrades.
    11-04-15 07:55 PM
    Read the forums, hopefully you will find something that solves your issue. "J" is correct, Link not required for OS upgrades.
    Indeed jaydee5799 is correct, but should something go awry, then BB Link will have a most current update.

Food for thought
    11-05-15 01:50 AM