Disclaimer: I currently have an iPhone 5, but can't wait to replace it for a Q10 (hopefully).

I am sure to be reading too much into this, but why else would BB release the Q10 so far after the Z10? I'm guessing it would be easier to develop for touch-only devices, as it would minimize costs and maximize app development. I wonder if they are secretly hoping the Z10 outsells the Q10 and they only produced the Q10 because they couldn't afford to loose their existing qwerty customers.

I hope I'm wrong because I have had it up to my eyeballs banging out emails on my current device.

PS Does anybody else call the Q10 the "BBQ"? For some reason I keep doing that, but hey, I love BBQ and can't wait for the Q10.
    04-10-13 04:13 PM
    I don't think they are indifferent, just that they recognised that all touch devices are more popular. I've been a long time keyboard user, but the Z10 has converted me. I have a Z10 and a Dev Alpha C, I'm not tempted to move to the Q at all. That doesn't mean it won't be the right device for you, but you should take them both for a good test drive before you decide.

Posted via CB10
    chris8189 and irweezyy like this.
    04-10-13 04:59 PM
    I don't think they are indifferent, just that they recognised that all touch devices are more popular. I've been a long time keyboard user, but the Z10 has converted me. I have a Z10 and a Dev Alpha C, I'm not tempted to move to the Q at all. That doesn't mean it won't be the right device for you, but you should take them both for a good test drive before you decide.

Posted via CB10
    That's exactly what I'm going to do. I've had a play around with the Z10 in the phone shops a few times, but when the Q10 comes out in a week or so, I will definitely be comparing them both together to see which one I should go for.
    04-10-13 08:10 PM
    I don't think they're indifferent about it, but I think they probably feel like the Q10 is for the diehard BlackBerry users, the ones that have been holding out for the keyboard, the ones that will buy a BlackBerry no matter what. The Z10 is the phone that will win people back form other platforms because of the touchscreen.

Maybe some people who liked BlackBerrys keyboards but didn't like the old OS will come back, now that BlackBerry10 is "on par" with iOS and Android. But I have a hard time thinking a lot of people will drop their iPhones and big Android phones for a Q10. Some people can't even fathom why anyone would want a keyboard anymore. And that's fine. It means there will be more Q10s in the stores for us on launch day
    chris8189 likes this.
    04-10-13 09:24 PM
    Disclaimer: I currently have an iPhone 5, but can't wait to replace it for a Q10 (hopefully).

I am sure to be reading too much into this, but why else would BB release the Q10 so far after the Z10? I'm guessing it would be easier to develop for touch-only devices, as it would minimize costs and maximize app development. I wonder if they are secretly hoping the Z10 outsells the Q10 and they only produced the Q10 because they couldn't afford to loose their existing qwerty customers.

I hope I'm wrong because I have had it up to my eyeballs banging out emails on my current device.

PS Does anybody else call the Q10 the "BBQ"? For some reason I keep doing that, but hey, I love BBQ and can't wait for the Q10.
    firstly, if the Z10 outsells the Q10, and the Q10 is purchased by all their existing customers, that's upward of 160m device sales, so that's a good thing lol

I think if we are honest the Z10 came first to stem some of the loss to BYOD and the more `consumerised` touchscreen media phones, The Q10 was always slated as being a little after the Z10 so its a fair step. Also not to assume too much, but one would think if you hadn't swapped your qwerty device for a touchscreen because you want a keyboard, then a month or two isn't the end of the world.

Bottom line though is the media were clamouring for a full touch BB device for ages, decrying the qwerty as `old fashioned` and such. now they released the full touch before the qwerty people question it. ironic eh!
    04-10-13 09:35 PM
    I currently have a iphone5 and going to switch to a q10 can't stand touch screen keyboards my iPhone will be my new iPod haha
    04-10-13 10:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    Totally unrelated but why are you not enticed by the q10. Just curious.
    04-10-13 11:14 PM
    I get the feeling it has more to do with the fact that the company knows this phone is golfing to do well simply by virtue of the fact that there are a lot of people who are waiting for this. The Z10 on the other hand is a trek into truly uncharted waters for the company. As such, more marketing, more of a push and more convincing is needed to get people to jump on board.

It's being released so far after the Z10 in part because they really wanted to push the Z10, and in part because the software wasn't ready to accommodate the different screen size and overall integration of the hardware and software wasn't where they wanted it to be.

JB

Posted from my brain via CB10
    04-11-13 09:55 AM
    They had to launch the z10 because they needed to show the doubters that with bb10 they were finally able to do an all-touch device that was worth owning, launching with the q10 would have allowed the negative media to dismiss bb10 as just being business as usual for blackberry. They are not indifferent to the q10 and will know it is an important device for them, but there were sound reasons for them to go with the z10 first.

Now I am sure that they obviously would have wanted the q10 to be out by now, but any delays in the lead up to the launch of the z10 would have taken away resources from the q10 and obviously had a knock-on effect on the launch date for that model and not to mention that a million z10 users in that first month is such a larger group than the 100s or 1000s using bb10 devices within BB that it is inevitable that more things are going to be found that need to be fixed before the q10 launches and the z10 gets the 10.1 update.
    04-11-13 01:36 PM
    Has anyone on this thread compared time and efficency of the q10 vs. the bold with send and back buttons. It may seem a little trivial, but I am kinda pissed that q10 doesn't have the traditional buttons for send/end/back/blackberry. I currently have upgrades on all my my cell phone family lines waiting for this new device. I am afraid there is no way I will be faster with the q10 than with my old bold. I work in medical devices and those little "moments" really matter to me. I have NEVER met a Iphone/android user that can accomplish any phone related task faster than what I can using my current blackberry. I don't want to lose that pointless and slightly depressing white collar trophy.
    BrentRoss likes this.
    04-11-13 01:54 PM