Hi,

Can anybody tell me how to put the hub icon on the homescreen? I didn't find anything in the settings...

I'm on 10.2.1.2941, and I've never had this icon since I bought the phone, I had a text message icon that I deleted but even after the 10.2.1 update I never had the hub icon.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 06:24 AM
    Please refer to this thread. Thank you.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...on-bar-844162/
    07-12-14 10:12 AM
    Thank you

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 12:14 PM
    Always the first thing I delete after every upgrade lol. That and the text icon.

Now if only we could remove the phone, camera and settings icon. All completely redundant!

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 12:22 PM
    Always the first thing I delete after every upgrade lol. That and the text icon.

Now if only we could remove the phone, camera and settings icon. All completely redundant!

Posted via CB10
    The hub icon is the only way to get there and know that it will be reset. Other methods to get there simply go to whatever last state it was in....which sometimes can be confusing if you had opened some attachment or something, and you simply want to read the last email or start a new one, etc.

The true redundancy is active frames for phone and camera are search that clog up your screen.
    07-12-14 12:35 PM
    It's not that I need the hub icon, but the problem is sometimes you swipe up quickly to go to the homescreen and you don't have anything telling that you have message/email, no red dot anywhere so you start the browser, check some stuff and 20 minutes later you realize that you have unread mail...

I want that icon only not to have to swipe left everytime to check my messages, I want something telling me immediatly...

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 01:56 PM
    Blinking light?
    07-12-14 02:09 PM
    Maybe it's just me but it seems that the blinking light stops after a while so sometimes it is a solution to that problem but sometimes not unfortunately...

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 02:21 PM
    It's not that I need the hub icon, but the problem is sometimes you swipe up quickly to go to the homescreen and you don't have anything telling that you have message/email, no red dot anywhere so you start the browser, check some stuff and 20 minutes later you realize that you have unread mail...

I want that icon only not to have to swipe left everytime to check my messages, I want something telling me immediatly...

Posted via CB10
    Yep. Welcome to BB10. My number one complaint that they went backwards on this. I assume you're talking about times when you're returning to the phone and the blinking light has timed out....and you either pull from a magnet holster/case or do a full swipe....both of which bypass the lock screen. In this case....you're right that BB10 has NO way to let you know you missed a message. Nothing like with BBOS. It's truly mind-boggling that BB....the professional's communication device.... has fewer on-screen ways to remind you of a missed message than the iToy or the Droidware.
    07-12-14 02:35 PM
    I can't say that it bothers me, I'm one to just swipe and check every few minutes. Always have been... BUT you're right. There's no reason they couldn't add an unread message indicator up in the top left next to the battery/alarm/bluetooth/nfc etc.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-12-14 02:41 PM
    I can't say that it bothers me, I'm one to just swipe and check every few minutes. Always have been... BUT you're right. There's no reason they couldn't add an unread message indicator up in the top left next to the battery/alarm/bluetooth/nfc etc.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think I've ever "checked" for a message in over 15 years. Messages alert me. Then I read them.
    07-12-14 04:02 PM