Still doing research on the Q10 as I plan my transition from my BB Bold 9650. As I wrote in a previous post, while I have tried a Q10 demo and performed exhaustive research, there is no question that some of the negative comments cause me to pause for just a moment. While I think that the release of 10.2 and future upgrades will alleviate any fears I may have, there is still that small cloud of doubt hovering overhead. While I was looking at the 9930 because I use my phone primarily as a messaging/email/light internet use device...the Q10 processor and battery life (among other features) outweigh (for me) the 9930's simplicity in use. I also can't help thinking that many of the negative comments on the Q10 stem from a lack of patience in getting to know the device. I am a patient man and I am willing to take the time to learn all the little Q10 secrets that will likely make its use an enjoyable experience. Almost all the independent tech reviews have given the Q10 high marks...as have most of the BB Community's QWERTY faithful. So, my final question for those that are frustrated with the Q10 learning curve...have you REALLY done your homework and given it a chance? This doesn't strike me as a device that you just take out of the box and wing it...the learning curve may be slightly longer than on an "ordinary" device and it might be worth it to take a long look at the tips and shortcuts. I don't care if it takes me 10 times longer to get familiar with this device over others...as long as it does what I need it to do and as fast as I need it when I am done with my orientation.
    01-16-14 11:17 AM
51 123