https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...59026428,d.bmk

Chen in this video talked about Blackberry's return to PHYSICAL KEYBOARD.
    Does this mean that Blackberry 10 os will design more specific to accommodate Q10 than to Z10 or Z30?
    01-07-14 10:29 PM
    That will be interesting to watch. If Foxconn is designing all-touch devices from now on (cheaper to make than keyboard devices) and North American devices will definitely include physical keyboard devices, I wonder whether the screen shape of the Q series will change or remain a square to accommodate the desire for a larger-screened device. I really wish the Z30 were promoted and available at more carriers. IMHO a Q30/Z30 combo of devices would be a good one.
    01-07-14 11:06 PM
    yeah, but I really hope Blackberry could start focusing on tuning BB OS 10 to accommodate the Q10's.
    It look as if to me BB OS 10 is designed for Z10/30 not Q5/10.

That will be interesting to watch. If Foxconn is designing all-touch devices from now on (cheaper to make than keyboard devices) and North American devices will definitely include physical keyboard devices, I wonder whether the screen shape of the Q series will change or remain a square to accommodate the desire for a larger-screened device. I really wish the Z30 were promoted and available at more carriers. IMHO a Q30/Z30 combo of devices would be a good one.
    Anilu7 and Reds InHell like this.
    01-07-14 11:50 PM
    That would be like when a car comes up with both sedan and hatchback. I wonder if they can afford to to do this atm. it would be great of course so BlackBerry users will have the choices which to pick and more threads in CB popping up asking which to get.

Posted via the Amazing Q10 10.2.0.415
    Anilu7 likes this.
    01-07-14 11:57 PM
    I'll get hatchback

That would be like when a car comes up with both sedan and hatchback. I wonder if they can afford to to do this atm. it would be great of course so BlackBerry users will have the choices which to pick and more threads in CB popping up asking which to get.

01-08-14 12:45 AM
    There will still be full touch screen devices but mostly ones with physical keyboards.

I'm hoping for something like BlackBerry Torch, and the screen size ratio to be like z30 instead of square

Posted via CB10
    Anilu7 likes this.
    01-08-14 02:52 AM
    After using the z10 for a month I think personally I can't do without physical keyboards. So for BlackBerry to focus on physical keyboards then that will be great.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 02:57 AM

If they can't afford to make another qwerty offering, BBRY is in trouble (and done). Somehow I don't think they'll abandon the qwerty phone and have a great 2014.
    01-08-14 03:45 AM
    This could be bad news for BlackBerry in my organisation.

As the BES Admin where I work I've seen in the last 8 months 98.96% of my users choose full touch BB10 phones over physical Qwerty BB10 phones after trying both for a day each. My colleagues have most definitely moved on from yesterday's world of physical Qwerty.

For my organisation to continue using BlackBerrys there will have to be a strong and competitively priced full touch offering. I don't want to see a return to the myriad of almost-but-not-quite-the-same physical Qwerty phones with tiny screens to choose from that we saw with BBOS 5, 6 and 7.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-08-14 06:21 AM
    I don't want to see a return to the myriad of almost-but-not-quite-the-same physical Qwerty phones with tiny screens to choose from that we saw with BBOS 5, 6 and 7.
    Ageed, I love my Z10 and don't care for a physical keyboard. At least I'll still get (hopefully) a fair amount more life out of my Z10 and I do want to make the switch to Z30 when the price comes down, but I hope the future of BlackBerry isn't a slew of QWERTY devices.
    01-08-14 09:54 AM
    watching the interview of John Chen, i thought about the timing:
    first, Blackberry predominantly focusing on the keyboard devices,
    then, about Blackberry patent portfolio and suing Seacrest...
    I'd be the first to welcome a focusing 'predominantly' on physical keyboards, but i can't help thinking that declaration (keyboards are in Blackberry DNA) is a real point in the dispute with Seacrest.
    01-08-14 10:00 AM
    I've heard so many good things about Z10 keyboard. So I think the idea of blackberry doing full touch is going to work as more people adopting to it. There will always be those though that wants the physical keyboard. It's still easier to type even when you're not always looking on your screen.

01-08-14 09:42 PM
    I don't think BlackBerry can compete in the full screen world. Even though the Z may be amazing, that ship has sailed. The keyboard niche is still theirs though...and they need to hold onto it. I was surprised they made another full touch after the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    hlg8888 likes this.
    01-08-14 10:07 PM
    I don't think BlackBerry can compete in the full screen world. Even though the Z may be amazing, that ship has sailed. The keyboard niche is still theirs though...and they need to hold onto it. I was surprised they made another full touch after the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like you need to try a Z10 or even better a Z30. I've been using my new Z30 for a week now and it is a fantastic phone.

BB10 comes alive when used on a phone with a large widescreen. It was clearly designed more with full touch in mind as I find it very claustrophobic and cluttered on a Q10's small square screen.

The full touch ship hasn't sailed without BlackBerry on it by any means. They just need to make the right full touch phone, sell it at the right price in the right markets and finally TELL people that it exists and WHY it's so good that they'd be mad not to buy it.

Let's see how Chen fairs with the Jakarta phone. The jury is out until then.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 / 10.2.0.1803 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2
    01-08-14 10:24 PM
    I should have said the ship has sailed in the US. I like the Z, but America has been conquered by Apple and Android....at least for now.

There are still of old school power business users on legacy because they hate learning how to use a new phone. These people will be on BB10's soon. BlackBerry needs to make sure of that.

Posted via CB10
    anon(870071) likes this.
    01-08-14 10:33 PM
    I honestly don't care what is "cool" or what other people think, I love the physical keyboard. Instant action, homescreen one-button speed dialing, accuracy without even looking, so many PRODUCTIVE reasons to love it. But that's my personal preference. No way I will sacrifice my typing accuracy for youtube videos...

Again, no need to argue, it's my personal preference. If you like the big screen for media consumption and want to call keyboards "yesterday's" technology to make yourself feel better, go right ahead.

Maybe we should replace a car's steering wheel with touchscreen controls since it's so superior... physical, tactile things have plenty of advantages whether you want to admit it or not. Whether they are enough for you to sacrifice screen space is your own prerogative. For me it is, for many others it isn't.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-08-14 10:50 PM
    I currently have a BB Bold 9650 and I will be upgrading soon to the Q10. I have tooled with a demo...seen it in action...and read most of what is available. I don't care how proficient I could become on a touchscreen...my preference will always be for a physical qwerty keyboard. I don't care to carry a phone the size of a tablet around with me. I want a phone that slips easily into my pocket without bulk...a browser that is reasonably fast...a few apps that are useful...an above-average camera & video experience...a battery that can get me through a work day...and most of all...I want a solid messaging phone with good call quality. The Q10 delivers EVERYTHING I want in my phone...and more...especially with the release of 10.2 (which shows me that Blackberry recognized some shortcomings and listened to complaints from its solid BB base).

I am growing weary of the screen size complaints. If you want an enhanced video experience...then buy another phone. I watch full length movies on my IPOD...on a screen smaller than the Q10...and I don't have any problems with that...

I can't tell anyone what is best for them...but I know what is best for me...and I know there are plenty of people out there that have my requirements. I hope the future bodes well enough for BB to stay in business and offer this type of device for many years to come...
    Last edited by bbchris2014; 01-09-14 at 12:31 AM.
    Anilu7, hlg8888, z10q10 and 1 others like this.
    01-09-14 12:19 AM
    So damn true!

I currently have a BB Bold 9650 and I will be upgrading soon to the Q10. I have tooled with a demo...seen it in action...and read most of what is available. I don't care how proficient I could become on a touchscreen...my preference will always be for a physical qwerty keyboard. I don't care to carry a phone the size of a tablet around with me. I want a phone that slips easily into my pocket without bulk...a browser that is reasonably fast...a few apps that are useful...an above-average camera & video experience...and most of all...I want a solid messaging phone with good call quality. The Q10 delivers EVERYTHING I want in my phone...and more...especially with the release of 10.2 (which shows me that Blackberry recognized some shortcomings and listened to complaints from its solid BB base).

I am growing weary of the screen size complaints. If you want an enhanced video experience...then buy another phone. I watch full length movies on my IPOD...on a screen smaller than the Q10...and I don't have any problems with that...

I can't tell anyone what is best for them...but I know what is best for me...and I know there are plenty of people out there that have my requirements. I hope the future bodes well enough for BB to stay in business and offer this type of device for many years to come...
    anon(870071) likes this.
    01-09-14 12:26 AM
    QWERTY4EVER!

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 05:41 AM
    I've used both Z10 and Q10 and while the Z10 keyboard is indeed the best touch keyboard I've ever used, I prefer the physical Q10 keyboard. The tactile feedback when typing and the accuracy I get make it a better typing experience IMHO. I also use my BlackBerry predominantly for messaging and surfing so it's ideal.

Posted via CB10
    hlg8888 and Nature Slice like this.
    01-09-14 09:37 AM
    I'd like to see BlackBerry focus on ensuring that all their BB10 handsets that are currently in the market are updated to the newest OS even if they need to bypass the carriers and push the updates themselves. That would be welcome news, not just that they're going to focus on qwerty devices. Let's face it we (BB enthusiasts) are a niche demographic, I think that loyalty deserves better official support on the software side of things.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 10:38 AM
    As more and more keyboard shortcuts get introduced into future OS updates, keyboard phones will be faster. And speed will always be more important to a large group of long time BlackBerry users.

Posted via CB10
    tagumcity likes this.
    01-09-14 12:15 PM
    Remember guys, there's still around 75M BlackBerry keyboard users out there, give or take..... although I'm on a Z10 and I hear all the arguments for real estate bla bla bla, At work in a corporate environment, lots of mails, documents and calendar appointments, reminders etc. No time for the YouTube videos. Physical keyboard is corporate. Physical keyboard is king. For my own personal device, I am getting a Z30 next, but we are not talking about personal devices here.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 12:54 PM
    I should have said the ship has sailed in the US. I like the Z, but America has been conquered by Apple and Android....at least for now.

There are still of old school power business users on legacy because they hate learning how to use a new phone. These people will be on BB10's soon. BlackBerry needs to make sure of that.

Posted via CB10
    Ah, the whole Armada has sailed in the US unfortunately, and BlackBerry lost their tickets and their passports in a poker game with Steve Jobs long ago.

As you say there are some old stalwart dinosaur users of BBOS in Enterprise. But their IT departments invariably seem to have plans to migrate away from BlackBerry and BES altogether rather than embrace BES10, unless Government regulation comes in to play but that's an even smaller market. I'm not convinced BlackBerry can make a profit from Regulated Enterprise going forward in the US such is their poor image and market share.

Even Banks operating in the US seem to be "taking the risk" and using iPhones. Maybe the NSA scandal will play back in to BlackBerry's hands, I hope so.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 / 10.2.0.1803 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2
    Last edited by johnnyuk; 01-13-14 at 05:40 PM.
    bisch likes this.
    01-13-14 05:27 PM
    I think today's news on CB is a good start.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 05:34 PM
51 123