Ok yall, I'm new to BlackBerry. I recently switched to a q10 from an iPhone 6. I'm loving my new phone and the OS.

However, when I read the news about BlackBerry as a corporation, I am wondering what the future of BlackBerry is? Is it dying out? Are our days/years limited?

Posted via CB10
    09-02-16 02:54 PM
    BB10 phones will stop being made as soon as the Blackberry Android phones can meet all the government requirements for security. However, BB10 phones like the Q10 will continue to be supported with security updates. As long as the phone and the apps available for it meet your needs, you are fine. I have had a Q10 and loved it. I now have a used Blackberry Passport. If you keep the Android apps to a minimum, the Q10 will run fast and the battery will last forever. It is a great messaging, email, social media and content reading phone.
    09-02-16 02:59 PM
    On the company as the whole, it is moving to profitability by becoming primarily a software company with a more limited hardware division.
    09-02-16 02:59 PM
    Technically, everything that exist is dying. Law of nature. A newborn is dying the minute it came into existence.
    bbnrs likes this.
    09-02-16 03:20 PM
    Even if BB as a corporation goes belly-up tomorrow, your Q10 will still last for a long time.

No need to panic. General Motors killed off their Pontiac car division a couple of years ago, but my brother's 2009 Pontiac will soldier on for years - lots of parts available out there.

I have a Classic and I'm confident that it will work for quite some time.

Plus which, as stated in an earlier post, BB is transitioning into profitability, even though we will almost certainly see the end of the BB10 devices. For instance, my beloved Classic isn't being manufactured any longer. So, at some time I will likely transition to a keyboard Android BB phone.
    However, there's no need to panic, because I can still browse the web, I have a banking app I have my Kobo for readying, docs to go for word processing and spreadsheets. It's still good.
    09-02-16 03:49 PM
    Yea i bought the q10 two months ago coming from a couple of android phones.
    I absolutely LOVE the size, keyboard and how you move around in the system, but it is so limited.
    There is to much missing.
    I would love a q10 with android.
    09-02-16 04:37 PM
    BlackBerry isn't dying, but BlackBerry OS10 is dead.
    OS10 development has been shut down by BlackBerry.
    Other than two minor security updates (one of which was supposed to have been released last March, but we're still waiting on) there will be no further major updates to the OS.
    That means apps will cease to function (some have already stopped working), the bugs in the OS will not be fixed and the browser will eventually not be able access websites.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-16 07:32 PM
    Well, I do not believe there are any BB10 phones manufactured now. All are basically inventory . . . Come to think of it, BB no longer designs or builds any phones. BB is transitioning to a software company.

Notwithstanding the above, the fabulous Q will operate for years to come.
    09-02-16 07:34 PM
    Phone never dies just their makers.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-16 08:46 PM
    Technically, everything that exist is dying. Law of nature. A newborn is dying the minute it came into existence.
    So only immortals are living?

Ride or die:  PRIVelege-acy
    09-02-16 09:03 PM
    What an interesting discussion! Thank you all for the info, it's super helpful. Now to stockpile q10s...

Posted via CB10
    09-02-16 09:24 PM
    As long as the devices function, their OS is not dead.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    09-03-16 07:13 AM
    Well, people have been saying it's dead since 2012 now, and they are definitely very much more alive than then.
    So just go ahead and buy one, you won't be disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-16 03:08 PM
    BlackBerry has embarked on a new life. It isn't dying.

Bb10 is dying. Not BlackBerry.

09-03-16 03:40 PM
    You must be fun at the parties.

Posted using the Little Beast Q10
    09-05-16 11:58 AM
    You must be fun at the parties.

Posted using the Little Beast Q10
    Would you say he's the "life" of the party? Lol

 Passport filter-evading the NSA  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    09-05-16 12:13 PM
    Ok yall, I'm new to BlackBerry. I recently switched to a q10 from an iPhone 6. I'm loving my new phone and the OS.

However, when I read the news about BlackBerry as a corporation, I am wondering what the future of BlackBerry is? Is it dying out? Are our days/years limited?

Posted via CB10
    Yes it is.

The days and years of all technology is limited.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-16 06:04 PM
    Just gave my 15 year old daughter my Z10 which she loves. She can do Pinterest and Instagram to her heart's content. I'm working a Q10 now and love it. So for the time being, BB10 is working well for us.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-16 06:38 PM
    BlackBerry has embarked on a new life. It isn't dying.

Bb10 is dying. Not BlackBerry.

Sooo... I guess that BlackBerry is riding but BB10 isn't.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-16 04:37 PM
    Sooo... I guess that BlackBerry is riding but BB10 isn't.

Posted via CB10
    You are correct.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-16 01:43 PM
    I wouldn't worry about it so much to be honest. I just got the Q10 to use as my main device about 2 days ago. I'm pretty happy with it so far, I'm running multiple android apps all the time and still getting more than decent battery life and no to mention that it does fairly well with android apps!! My secondary device is a Note5 and I honestly prefer my Q10 over it. However, due to work reasons I do need to have a fully rooted android device. If I had a choice I would personally pick the Q10, classic or Passport over any android/IOS device any day of the week!! I am looking into a passport only because of the bigger screen but still will be keeping my Q10. BB10 4 Life!

Posted via CB10 on BBQ10
    09-16-16 07:46 PM
    I also switched from iOS and never regretted since.
    Facebook continues to work after sideloading the .bar for the last real facebook app,
    Whatsapp, well, gotta use the android version then and tell people to contact me by bbm preferebly.
    09-18-16 09:02 PM
    Phone never dies just their makers.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-16 10:25 PM