I went into a Verizon Corporate store yesterday fully intending to trade my LG G2 for a Q10. The salesman (with an attitude) said that Blackberry was dormant and not sending the stores any more product. He also told me that the phone didn't have an app for Audible, which is important to me for listening to audio books while I do my daily 4 mile walk/hike and just working aroumd the house. I walked out very disappointed and then decided to come to the source and find out what's up and what's the truth.
    Thanks to any one who has info for me.
    Judi
    01-06-14 10:59 AM
    I went into a Verizon Corporate store yesterday fully intending to trade my LG G2 for a Q10. The salesman (with an attitude) said that Blackberry was dormant and not sending the stores any more product. He also told me that the phone didn't have an app for Audible, which is important to me for listening to audio books while I do my daily 4 mile walk/hike and just working aroumd the house. I walked out very disappointed and then decided to come to the source and find out what's up and what's the truth.
    Thanks to any one who has info for me.
    Judi
    I've not found Audible app in BBWorld, but I'm quite sure you'll find a large selection of e-books readers.

edit: looks like Audible Android version is ok on BB10 and that the BB10 one should pop "soon".
    01-06-14 11:04 AM
    I'm not sure I could trust salesman anymore.
    Check this thread.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-06-14 11:04 AM
    I'm not sure I could trust salesman anymore.
    Check this thread.
    thanks
    Yet can't blame a salesman for a leak feature
    We have enough to blame lol ...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-06-14 11:14 AM
    Sold my Q10(running 10.2.1.1925) to a friend the other day, one of the first things he did was install Snap and grab Audible from the Play Store, so that won't be a problem much longer.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    01-06-14 01:02 PM
    Know what you want, before you go into any store.

If the minimum wage kid (sales person) drops an attitude on what YOU want, talk to the manager about the crappy service you got, and take your $ somewhere else.

Even here in Canada we get the same thing. You need to remind them that you did not come for their opinion. (if you did need their opinion, you will just end up with an iPhone, and you're not really a BlackBerry person)

IMHO

CDN BB
    3dogsnme likes this.
    01-06-14 01:18 PM
    Go to another Verizon store..provided of course there is another one in your area. I went to 4 different stores in order to get my Z10. Luckily for me they are all within about 10 miles of my house.
    01-06-14 01:32 PM
    Thanks to all who replied and I must admit to being a ittle intiminated by the salesperson and should just pull up my big girl panties and put my foot down. One person who replied mention instaklking Snap - will admit ignorance, what is it and where do I find it? That's it, thanks again.
    01-06-14 02:34 PM
    Verizon is not stocking ANY BlackBerry models near me. The last rep I dealt with was using a Z10 as his personal phone though.
    01-06-14 03:08 PM
    Thanks to all who replied and I must admit to being a ittle intiminated by the salesperson and should just pull up my big girl panties and put my foot down. One person who replied mention instaklking Snap - will admit ignorance, what is it and where do I find it? That's it, thanks again.
    Snap is an app you install (sideload) on your BB10 device and allows you to get Android Apps right on your device. Warning : you need to run a leaked BB10 OS version starting with 10.2.1

Learn more about snap here : http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-2-1-a-874153/
    Learn how to sideload an app to BB10 device here : Sideload Android apps to your BlackBerry 10 device using Google Chrome | CrackBerry.com
    01-06-14 04:31 PM
    I'm an avid Audible user (240 books in my library now), and I've run the Android Audible app on my Q10 for a long time. If you are going to do that, though, I strongly recommend installing one of the leaks to get you up to at least OS 10.2. The Android player in 10.2 is much, much better than in OS 10.1, and sideloading is easier as well.

Verizon has not yet pushed out v. 10.2 although there is an official release from BlackBerry plus a couple of later versions available.

PS Verizon corporate stores are pathetic. In contrast, I find that they are very easy to deal with over the phone. They'll ship a phone to you using 2 day shipping.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 07:46 PM