07-26-14 03:01 AM
61 123
tools
    Just go to settings___security and privacy___parental controls___ turn it on and tick the option to "phone calls from contacts only".. that's it.. you will receive calls only from the contacts you have saved with a name on your phone..no call from an unknown number will ever come to your phone... sweet dreams.

Posted via CB10
    That is such a horrible solution to this problem and the fact that it got so many thanks and likes is a little sad. I hope you were only kidding when you said it, but it is still wrong of you to suggest doing it.

To anyone reading this who is new to BB10 or took that suggestion seriously, do NOT do it! What the above poster suggests will block all calls from numbers that you don't have saved in your contacts. That could result in all kinds of very horrible things happening in your life. It is such a bad suggestion that I felt compelled to explain just how bad it is.

Say your kid does something stupid and gets arrested and needs bailed out? Oh well you didn't save the jail's number in your contacts. A loved one gets in a traffic accident and is rushed to the hospital? Oh well, you didn't save the hospital's number in your contacts. Get called about an interview for a job you applied for? Oh well forgot to save their number to your contacts. So on and so on....
    07-19-14 12:00 PM
    windows phone have the block called baked in.....sweeeeeet
    07-19-14 07:53 PM
    Yes, and it has inner circle option under Cortana.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    07-20-14 06:32 AM
    I can block numbers through my carrier, vzw. I have about 5 blocked and they never ring through. Your carrier doesn't offer this?
    07-20-14 11:04 AM
    The my verizon app on bb10 let's you block up to 5 numbers, but the block expires after 90 days. That might help someone looking for this. Would be nice to have that built into the OS though.
    07-20-14 02:31 PM
    FactCheck. I just spoke with a Telus rep. Only Android has that capability baked into the OS. Apple and BB10 does not.

There is a third party app available for BB10.

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    Your rep and your statement is incorrect.
    Besides my Q10, I also own a 5S and I can add any phone # to a blocked call list.
    The whole feature works quite well and you can read up on it on apple or via any search engine.
    Tell your Telus rep that he provided you with incorrect information and don't let him off of the hook for it.
    07-21-14 01:37 AM
    What's funny is nowhere in that article does it state that the option IS baked into iOS.

"...iOS 7 will let you block calls from specific numbers to save your sanity."

The semantics of whether it is "baked in" or "it will let you" is unimportant.
    The issue is whether you can block individual phone numbers and the fact is that you can.
    It's sort of like complaining that Apple's "Siri" is made by a 3rd party and BlackBerry's "Voice Control" is native.
    Apple's Siri works 99.% of the time and BB's Voice Control works 1% of the time (although it's kind of entertaining as a comedy sketch).
    07-21-14 01:46 AM
    The semantics of whether it is "baked in" or "it will let you" is unimportant.
    The issue is whether you can block individual phone numbers and the fact is that you can.
    It's sort of like complaining that Apple's "Siri" is made by a 3rd party and BlackBerry's "Voice Control" is native.
    Apple's Siri works 99.% of the time and BB's Voice Control works 1% of the time (although it's kind of entertaining as a comedy sketch).
    Your rep and your statement is incorrect.
    Besides my Q10, I also own a 5S and I can add any phone # to a blocked call list.
    The whole feature works quite well and you can read up on it on apple or via any search engine.
    Tell your Telus rep that he provided you with incorrect information and don't let him off of the hook for it.
    Didn't need two separate postings to respond my comment... just saying. Please have the last word. I've turned the page. :d

07-21-14 03:28 AM
    All of that is very misleading. None of them work. That's what I miss about BBOS. Things worked. BlackBerry World is filled with misleading apps. It's impossible to have a call blocking app on BB10 until 10.3 is released. And even then it may take a while for someone to make an app. BlackBerry should have it built into the OS but I'd support any developer who could make it work.

I fear that it may not be the app makers fault if the blacklist doesn't work properly because of problems with the contacts app and number formatting. And things disappearing.

BB10 is a crap shoot.

Until the OS is ready for prime time I wish BlackBerry would make a Google certified Android phone with a great keyboard. Just until they get the OS in a state where it has some security and reliability.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3247 / T-Mobile USA
    ive already made a native cascades app for this for 10.3, i still have to finish something really small to add to it but its ready for the release of 10.3
    kevets likes this.
    07-21-14 05:39 AM
    Is it possible to block all numbers from a specific area code?

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2174
    07-24-14 03:12 PM
    Is it possible to block all numbers from a specific area code?

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2174
    I don't believe so.

07-26-14 03:01 AM
61 123