I've been getting prank calls from someone and I think to myself.. "hah, I'm a BlackBerry user and security is #1 surely I can block this person's #"....

Long behold guess what folks.. BlackBerry doesn't have a setting to block individual numbers... sad.
    Iphone does, android does, BlackBerry? Nope.

Posted via CB10
    What a lot of people do not understand is that when you get an app or phone setting to block a phone number or texts from someone, your phone's network is still being bogged down. Cause all of those phone calls and texts still come through to your phone, but that app or phone settings hides the texts or ignores the phone calls immediately. Not exactly my choice for blocking prank callers, only true way is having the carrier block those phone numbers.
    MobileMadness002 and eu gene like this.
    07-18-14 12:56 AM
    Just go to settings___security and privacy___parental controls___ turn it on and tick the option to "phone calls from contacts only".. that's it.. you will receive calls only from the contacts you have saved with a name on your phone..no call from an unknown number will ever come to your phone... sweet dreams.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 01:43 AM
    Funny thing is if someone has your number and you find some way to block their number from getting through to your phone, all they really have to do is dial your number from a different phone line.

Sweet dreams.

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    07-18-14 05:26 AM
    Maybe if you didn't have a scrotum on your face people would stop pranking you

Posted via CB10
    He's a BallChinian......
    07-18-14 06:51 AM
    @bruvvapete...... if you tick that option no one ever will be able to make a call to you whatever phone line he is using landline or cell phone or any other number of the world. try it yourself make calls to your own number from different sources. You will get the point

Sweet dreams

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-18-14 07:29 AM
    unless you block all unknown numbers like i (used to) do, theres no legit reason to use unknown number, i never ever missed an important call while having them blocked. cant wait for 10.3, ive already developed a nice call and sms blocking app for it but the dev os is just not for me, cant live without the built-in alarm clock
    how would you know if you had? lol
    07-18-14 09:55 AM
    Just go to settings___security and privacy___parental controls___ turn it on and tick the option to "phone calls from contacts only".. that's it.. you will receive calls only from the contacts you have saved with a name on your phone..no call from an unknown number will ever come to your phone... sweet dreams.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, but isn't this a little overkill if there's just a single number you need blocked?
    21stNow likes this.
    07-18-14 11:53 AM
    This is a very convenient feature. If someone is calling you who you really don't want to hear from again, such as an acquaintance who is trying to sell you something or even a business solicitation then you can simply block the number. No need to block anyone else.

Blocking all unknown numbers won't work because family or friends may be trying to get ahold of you from a pay phone or borrowed mobile phone in an emergency.
    21stNow likes this.
    07-18-14 01:01 PM
    FactCheck. I just spoke with a Telus rep. Only Android has that capability baked into the OS. Apple and BB10 does not. There is a third party app available for BB10. @BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    There is no 3rd party app that does this for BB10. This has been a BB10 request since day one.
    07-18-14 02:38 PM
    while BlackBerry provide the feature, you can just create a contact with that number and put the ringtone and notification to silent. Works the same way

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and lpthomasson like this.
    07-18-14 02:54 PM
    I'm looking for app for this! I only found an app for blocking SMS which I love!

via Q10
    What app is it? I've tried a couple and they don't seem to work.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 03:12 PM
    while BlackBerry provide the feature, you can just create a contact with that number and put the ringtone and notification to silent. Works the same way

Posted via CB10
    Except the call still goes through and shows up. Just silent. Would be useful if the had a block option this way.
    07-18-14 06:22 PM
    I've been getting prank calls from someone and I think to myself.. "hah, I'm a BlackBerry user and security is #1 surely I can block this person's #"....

Long behold guess what folks.. BlackBerry doesn't have a setting to block individual numbers... sad.

Posted via CB10

try to download CALL BLOCKER PRO from blackberry world and it works and im using it..
    07-18-14 06:42 PM
    If you don't know then shut up
    07-18-14 10:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    This isn't the security Blackberry is referring to.
    07-18-14 10:07 PM
    I phones don't actually have magic in them. . . Oh wait I thought this thread was just about saying stuff that is meaningless

Via Z10
    07-18-14 10:08 PM
    If you're on Verizon you can log into your Verizon account and block specific numbers.

BlackBerry doesn't have a setting to block individual numbers-img_20140718_221443.png

Posted by a Proud NRA Supporter!
    07-18-14 10:14 PM
    I phones don't actually have magic in them. . . Oh wait I thought this thread was just about saying stuff that is meaningless
    No magic. However, you can tap the information icon for the missed call, then "Block this caller" and confirm the request and you will not receive phone calls or text from that number.
    07-18-14 10:22 PM
    Except the call still goes through and shows up. Just silent. Would be useful if the had a block option this way.
    Yeah well unless it's block directly from your service provider, no matter what app you use or what feature your phone adds, the call always go through!

Either you phone just silence it or sends it to voicemail

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 10:36 PM
    If you don't know then shut up
    Wow, let me extend a welcome to the CB community to you as well...
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-18-14 11:27 PM
    BlackBerry doesn't have a setting to block individual numbers-img_20140719_010948.png

Blackberry10IsSoSuperCaliFragilisticExpialidocious 10.2.1.3175
    07-19-14 12:11 AM
    There is no 3rd party app that does this for BB10. This has been a BB10 request since day one.
    I thought that's what these are.
    BlackBerry doesn't have a setting to block individual numbers-img_20140718_223619.png
    Are we talking about different things?

07-19-14 12:37 AM
    I thought that's what these are.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140718_223619.png 
Views:	758 
Size:	232.4 KB 
ID:	285861
    Are we talking about different things?

All of that is very misleading. None of them work. That's what I miss about BBOS. Things worked. BlackBerry World is filled with misleading apps. It's impossible to have a call blocking app on BB10 until 10.3 is released. And even then it may take a while for someone to make an app. BlackBerry should have it built into the OS but I'd support any developer who could make it work.

I fear that it may not be the app makers fault if the blacklist doesn't work properly because of problems with the contacts app and number formatting. And things disappearing.

BB10 is a crap shoot.

Until the OS is ready for prime time I wish BlackBerry would make a Google certified Android phone with a great keyboard. Just until they get the OS in a state where it has some security and reliability.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3247 / T-Mobile USA
    07-19-14 01:39 AM
    10.3 already has this option
    It's not already... they needed almost two years to support this feature. I'm seeing some call blocking apps in BBW, but they all needing 10.3.
    07-19-14 05:28 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140719_010948.png 
Views:	659 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	285859

Blackberry10IsSoSuperCaliFragilisticExpialidocious 10.2.1.3175
    This is what it should look like... but doesn't.
    07-19-14 08:57 AM
61 123