I've been getting prank calls from someone and I think to myself.. "hah, I'm a BlackBerry user and security is #1 surely I can block this person's #"....

Long behold guess what folks.. BlackBerry doesn't have a setting to block individual numbers... sad.
    Iphone does, android does, BlackBerry? Nope.

Posted via CB10
    Andreas BOas likes this.
    07-17-14 08:26 PM
    Interesting definition of "security".
    07-17-14 08:41 PM
    FactCheck. I just spoke with a Telus rep. Only Android has that capability baked into the OS. Apple and BB10 does not.

There is a third party app available for BB10.

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    MrGabriel and jaydee5799 like this.
    07-17-14 08:53 PM
    Lots of people have requested that feature on icanmakeitbetter. So I'm expecting to see it built into BB10 sooner rather than later.

Posted via CB10
    David in Durham likes this.
    07-17-14 08:58 PM

Long behold guess what folks..

Posted via CB10
    Long behold? Seriously? Is that what you've been hearing all these years?

On topic, that's quite a stretch to suggest this issue somehow calls BlackBerry security into question.
    mkelley65 likes this.
    07-17-14 09:02 PM
    You can wait for 10.3.1 to have that feature IMHO.

Q10 | Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.3247 | Globe PH
    anon5645485 likes this.
    07-17-14 09:03 PM
    FactCheck. I just spoke with a Telus rep. Only Android has that capability baked into the OS. Apple and BB10 does not.

There is a third party app available for BB10.

your telus rep doesnt know the facts lol

iOS 7 Fights Mobile Spam With Option To Block Calls And Texts From Specific Numbers | TechCrunch
    07-17-14 09:10 PM
    This is considered to be a security issue? LOL
    ra2axe likes this.
    07-17-14 09:24 PM
    What's funny is nowhere in that article does it state that the option IS baked into iOS.

"...iOS 7 will let you block calls from specific numbers to save your sanity."

07-17-14 09:35 PM
    Dp
    07-17-14 09:38 PM
    Lol well most prank calls typically come from unknown numbers... or they rotate their numbers so you can't really block them.

Now blocking sms, that's interesting. I block it directly from my carrier. you should try to call your carrier and see what they offer.

Posted via CB10
    iNick89 likes this.
    07-17-14 09:44 PM
    Maybe if you didn't have a scrotum on your face people would stop pranking you

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 09:50 PM
    Have you tried contact->ringtone and notification->all off?

I don't know if it will work...
    07-17-14 09:59 PM
    The guy I shared my apartment with back in college started dating a girl with an ex boyfriend that kept sending pizzas to our place (unfortunately he never called me to discuss my topping preferences). My BlackBerry didn't have a prank pizza block built in... BlackBerry security FAILS yet AGAIN.

Lol... just kidding OP, hopefully they add a built in call ignoring/blocking feature soon.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 10:19 PM
    I've been getting prank calls from someone and I think to myself.. "hah, I'm a BlackBerry user and security is #1 surely I can block this person's #"....

Long behold guess what folks.. BlackBerry doesn't have a setting to block individual numbers... sad.

Posted via CB10
    Did you have to go this far to make a statement about blocking calls per number? Ridiculous!!!

Dude, you do realise that mobile numbers are not listed since they are considered to be private as oppose to residential. So if someone is calling your mobile, it is most likely that you have given it out to the caller or you have an unpaid debt. People just do not stumble on mobile numbers like that.

OK, let's say that the caller randomly dialed a combination of numbers which happened to be you on the other end. Well, in that case they got you!
    07-17-14 10:30 PM
    10.3 already has this option
    07-17-14 10:52 PM
    10.3 already has this option
    No, it doesn't have this built in, what it does is provide an API for third party developers to create an app to do this.
    Bla1ze and homer1475 like this.
    07-17-14 10:54 PM
    I'm looking for app for this! I only found an app for blocking SMS which I love!

via Q10
    07-17-14 11:00 PM
    No, it doesn't have this built in, what it does is provide an API for third party developers to create an app to do this.
    yes, thats what i meant sorry.
    07-17-14 11:03 PM
    It most certainly is a security issue. As well as an embarrassment and a disgrace.

Other security issues are random phone calls being made and contacts appearing and disappearing when they feel like it.

BBOS was secured. BB10 is years away from being fit for release to the general public.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3247 / T-Mobile USA
    07-17-14 11:06 PM
    imho its more of a privacy issue than security
    07-17-14 11:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    iPhone doesn't really block a call it simply answers and hangs up on them. Calls can still go to voicemail. Unless you install cydia blocking on the iPhone is worthless..
    07-17-14 11:19 PM
    It most certainly is a security issue. As well as an embarrassment and a disgrace.

Other security issues are random phone calls being made and contacts appearing and disappearing when they feel like it.

BBOS was secured. BB10 is years away from being fit for release to the general public.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3247 / T-Mobile USA
    The only embarrassment and disgrace is that you think this is a security issue. It is in fact not a security issue, or a privacy issue for that matter. Call blocking directly from your handheld device is a convenience, nothing more.

To put it simply; if you tried to block my number from any mobile phone, I would simply dial *67 and your number to block my caller ID information and appear as an "Unknown Caller" on your mobile phone. Then I could spam call you if I so choose and there would be nothing you could do about it.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 11:19 PM
    The only embarrassment and disgrace is that you think this is a security issue. It is in fact not a security issue, or a privacy issue for that matter. Call blocking directly from your handheld device is a convenience, nothing more.

To put it simply; if you tried to block my number from any mobile phone, I would simply dial *67 and your number to block my caller ID information and appear as an "Unknown Caller" on your mobile phone. Then I could spam call you if I so choose and there would be nothing you could do about it.

Posted via CB10
    unless you block all unknown numbers like i (used to) do, theres no legit reason to use unknown number, i never ever missed an important call while having them blocked. cant wait for 10.3, ive already developed a nice call and sms blocking app for it but the dev os is just not for me, cant live without the built-in alarm clock
    Andreas BOas likes this.
    07-17-14 11:24 PM
    theres no legit reason to use unknown number
    If you have an after-hours medical emergency and use a doctor's paging service, they aren't going to call you back with their personal mobile number showing.
    07-17-14 11:39 PM
61 123