Hey, WTF!?
    I'm a BlackBerry fan and supporter. But, there are certain things that I could always count on BlackBerry to handle better than ANY other platform. Email, calendar, and F'n contacts are HUGE for me! WTF? I love my Q10 but my contacts come and go. I can't trust a single caller ID (wrong names). And even sending /receiving emails is hit and miss sometimes!

I really hate to join the BlackBerry "bashing crew" but I can't depend on my Q10 like I should.

I'm feeling like losing BIS cost BlackBerry users more than I thought.

I know, everyone's gonna say re-install OS right? What if I need to conduct business today w/o taking 1hr+ to install an OS that should JUST WORK.
    BerryRipe likes this.
    05-08-14 10:58 AM
    I'm with you on this, I love BlackBerry 10 and my Z10 but the contact problems are really annoying !!
    05-08-14 11:06 AM
    Yes they need to fix it! Seven months (or more) is a long time to have this kind of bug.... then again, maybe it's only a small portion of use who are affected or notice it. Lots of people say they have not had any issues.

No you don't have to re-install the OS (it is quicker), a security wipe will do fine. Either way try to avoid doing a restore - HUGE Pain, but the best overall results. But Gamer whose progress is locally stored or those they buy a lot of discounted movies from BlackBerry World have a hard time without a restore.

Having the ability to do a more selective RESTORE would really HELP. I don't need to restore Contacts as they are all in the Cloud....
    05-08-14 11:34 AM
    I had these issues on 10.1.something, but since 10.2, it's completely resolved. I sync calendar and contacts from a seperate gmail account, apart from my Gmail that I use for e-mail. Beside that, I have two exchange accounts, from which I sync e-mail, contacts and calendars. No issue whatsoever. Hope they fix it for the people who do have them.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 11:40 AM
    I agree with you even though I have a Z10 but still it's the OS. I dislike the way it handles all of the contacts, from BBM, LinkedIN, Facebook, and my primary GMAIL contacts. Too many times do I have to re-unlink them or delete them. Too many times have my contacts have just vanished without me removing them and come back in 30 minutes. I still have issue of when the SMS/MMS reads the phone number and not the contacts name. I have even tied to add the number to the contact list from the SMS/MMS but still the problem persists. And yes I have done new install, debrick os installation, non-destructive install, and full security wipe.
    05-08-14 11:43 AM
    Nah you guys have to watching for the linking thats the bit that causes all the problems

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    05-08-14 01:37 PM
    I haven't had the bugs you've mentioned, but I have had other bugs with my contacts. My Facebook contacts will not unsync and sometimes I can't find a contact at all. It's a pain.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    05-08-14 04:59 PM
    Only bug I noticed was a while back all my contacts in the hub would turn to their numbers. But I only noticed this after rebooting the phone and then after a minute or so of indexing or something it all went back to normal. I haven't seen this on 10.2.1 tho..

The thing I find annoying is if I have a contact entry that is linked with stuff then it won't let me back it up to a different source. But if it is not linked then it will let me copy it to iMac, iCloud, Gmail etc.

I would like them to allow me to copy all my contacts over to a cloud service instead of me having to unlink them all first

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 09:27 PM
    Yeah. I am not sure everyone has the same exact issue but rather there are different issues with contacts.

For me the issue was I would add a new contact from my call log. Fill in the name etc.

I would look in contacts and it would be there. Then say a week later I'd go to search contacts and it would not be there.

Crazy.
    05-08-14 11:35 PM
    I have no idea what you are talking about. Absolutely no bugs in contacts for me.
    05-08-14 11:38 PM
    I have no idea what you are talking about. Absolutely no bugs in contacts for me.
    I'm very glad to see that you have not encountered any of these issues.
    I wouldn't wish these headaches on my worst enemy. Be happy with your situation.

But if you have no idea what people are talking about just read the posts. They are clear enough.
    05-08-14 11:49 PM
    I'd like to hear Clewley talk about contacts updates for 10.3, haha
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    05-08-14 11:59 PM
    Missing contacts is really unacceptable.

But I believe those contacts have been automatically linked into other contacts. Thats why they are missing.

Needs to be fixed.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    05-09-14 12:44 AM
    Me too....On my Z10 after 10.3 update....I have the same contact unlinking, and copying from PC contact to Local....duplicates happen, contacts get filed under different contacts, or can't be deleted or changed. Just an unacceptable mess. I'll go to a different forum now to write about Calendar notification (or lack of) issues - no sound, etc. An d, then to yet another, for Maps turn by turn directions WITHOUT sound.
    03-10-15 11:09 AM
    This is a big issue...the only one I have

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 11:17 AM
    Have you guys tried to set the automatically merge contacts setting to off?
    03-10-15 11:25 AM
    Hey, WTF!?
    I'm a BlackBerry fan and supporter. But, there are certain things that I could always count on BlackBerry to handle better than ANY other platform. Email, calendar, and F'n contacts are HUGE for me! WTF? I love my Q10 but my contacts come and go. I can't trust a single caller ID (wrong names). And even sending /receiving emails is hit and miss sometimes!

I really hate to join the BlackBerry "bashing crew" but I can't depend on my Q10 like I should.

I'm feeling like losing BIS cost BlackBerry users more than I thought.

I know, everyone's gonna say re-install OS right? What if I need to conduct business today w/o taking 1hr+ to install an OS that should JUST WORK.
    Bugs happen, reinstall OS when you have time. It's not that hard and I'm sure your customers will understand that you'll be unavailable for an hour

When your car gets a flat tire do you blame the manufacturer for not being able to get to work? Or when you need new brakes do you get angry that you need to put time into maintaining it?

Chill out. It's a bug. Happens and it sucks when it does but it's not the end of the world.
    03-10-15 11:30 AM
    Bugs happen, reinstall OS when you have time. It's not that hard and I'm sure your customers will understand that you'll be unavailable for an hour

When your car gets a flat tire do you blame the manufacturer for not being able to get to work? Or when you need new brakes do you get angry that you need to put time into maintaining it?

Chill out. It's a bug. Happens and it sucks when it does but it's not the end of the world.
    \0/ .

If your new car sounds strange (or any other reason) do you wait for strange noise is gone or you go to the service ?!?
    03-10-15 04:48 PM