So I bought the spare battery pack. It is a neat compact charger. Unlike previous split cable versions, this one has a short cable that comes out of the charger to plug into the device. The first time I put the battery in, it blinked yellow and then green. I plugged the protruding cord into the phone and the phone did not indicate that it was charging. I took out the battery, plugged in the phone and put the battery back, now both indicators came on. This led me to believe that perhaps it is designed so that whichever is plugged in first gets the most juice? I decided that I had better read the manual to get it straight and to learn whether the battery would stop flashing when the charge was complete.
    I took out the thin paper-the only documentation enclosed with the charger- from the packaging it came in. Besides the usual warnings, it offered little other than to say to view the manual online at BlackBerry support. So I navigated my way through there and hit a dead end:
    http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/subcategories/?userType=1&category=Chargers&subCategory=Extra+Ba ttery+ChargerBlackBerry Battery Charger Bundle (ACC-53185-101)-capture.jpg
    As this is an NX-1 battery, there does not seem to be a manual available. Am I missing something? Has anyone acquired the documentation?
    anon(3072139) likes this.
    05-08-13 12:57 PM
    Firstly, CB team-- Why does the HTML coding of this post show up on the Crackberry app?? I looked at it on my PC and it shows up properly.

Posted via CBQ10
    05-08-13 03:41 PM
    .....secondly: Good question. I'd like the answer too.

Posted via CBQ10
    05-08-13 03:42 PM
    So how are the oem battery charger bundle? I'm thinking of getting one for my q10 ... My other option is getting a battery pack like the powerrocks stone battery pack..
    05-12-13 03:02 AM
    So how are the oem battery charger bundle? I'm thinking of getting one for my q10 ... My other option is getting a battery pack like the powerrocks stone battery pack..
    If it's anything like the bundle for the Z10 its great. For the Q10 I'd have to be stranded to use one. I don't think that'll stop me from picking one up though.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 03:39 AM
    Firstly, CB team-- Why does the HTML coding of this post show up on the Crackberry app?? I looked at it on my PC and it shows up properly.

Posted via CBQ10
    Looks like it's because you're using incorrect HTML syntax for CB10. You're using the "<>" enclosures and, while they will work for browser based viewing, the CB10 app was built with "[]" enclosures in mind.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10
    05-12-13 04:39 AM
    Looks like it's because you're using incorrect HTML syntax for CB10. You're using the "<>" enclosures and, while they will work for browser based viewing, the CB10 app was built with "[]" enclosures in mind.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10
    Actually, that needs to be corrected as I did not insert my own coding but rather used the HTML buttons on top of the Crackberry forums Web page on my PC. So if those are inconsistent with Crackberry's own app, one or the other must be adjusted.
    05-12-13 08:18 AM
    It is great except for the anomalies that I mention above. I have still not quite figured it out and have not secured a manual.
    05-12-13 08:21 AM
    Thanks for the update. I have confirmed the problem stands:
    BlackBerry Battery Charger Bundle (ACC-53185-101)-img_00000026.png

Posted via CBQ10
    05-12-13 09:13 AM
    I suppose they didn't include a manual because the battery charger is so simplistic, that it needs no explanation.

I have the Z10 version of this charger and it charges (or seems to charge) my Z10 first and then the piggybacked battery. It seems this way because my onboard battery is always done charging before the piggyback.
    I did notice that I had to push the connecting cord in quite firmly for the phone to start charging and it didn't register right away that it was plugged in...took a few seconds. Now it registers almost immediately when I plug in.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10
    05-12-13 12:12 PM
    That would be great if it were in fact simplistic.
    1) read the post that started this thread to see some less than simple behavior. I have replicated the problem described on mine so it is unlikely that we are dealing with faulty chargers.
    2) the included paperwork directed the user to a manual that was supposed to be online....
    3) when searching online you will find detailed manuals to earlier, truly simple, manuals.
    Conclusion: someone dropped the ball and neglected to post an important manual.

Posted via CBQ10
    05-12-13 01:04 PM
    I have received this battery charger bundle for the Q10 as well with no instructions. When I plugged in the extra battery thru usb I had a green light constantly blinking. I am going to assume that this means the battery was already fully charged but correct me if its otherwise. It would obviously be nice to have a manual but I am finding that even though I have been told that I am a power user, the Q10's battery life is phenominal and I get through the day with juice left. On my Bold 9900, I went thru 3 full batteries a day. No Joke! So I might return this battery bundle as I dont think I even need it

thanks
    05-12-13 01:58 PM
    Thinking of getting one .. Its always nice to have a spare battery lying around.. Not sure if a spare batter or a spare batter pack would be better though..
    05-12-13 02:12 PM
    REBROKER: I believe blinking green means almost charged as it does eventually switch to a steady green.

Posted via CBQ10
    05-12-13 02:31 PM
    I'm having issues with the charger bundle as well. It seems to charge the spare battery just fine, but I can't get it to charge my Q10. Even when daisy chained to a wall charger, my Q10 will not charge but the fact spare battery will. Am i missing something here. Wish i could find that documentation online.
    11-12-13 11:26 PM
    I'm having issues with the charger bundle as well. It seems to charge the spare battery just fine, but I can't get it to charge my Q10. Even when daisy chained to a wall charger, my Q10 will not charge but the fact spare battery will. Am i missing something here. Wish i could find that documentation online.
    Maybe something is faulty, there are lots of fakes on eBay I've noticed.

Ask @BlackBerryHelp on Twitter and see where they guide you.

My Q10 battery bundle arrived today and so far I'm happy with it.

Posted via my CB Q10
    11-21-13 11:27 AM
    Try pressing the LED button itself and see if that takes.

I love this charger bundle for my Q10. My use case is I fall asleep to youtube or say a podcast. I don't like having my phone connected to a wall. Even if the cord were long, I still don't like the lack of complete freedom.

So instead of worrying about plugging it in, I just set the phone down next to bed and knock out. In the morning, I simply do a swap and off I go. If I come back from work or my weekend afternoon outings and I know I'm going to be out late in the wee hours of the evening, then I swap out. Off I go.

Crackberry charges more than what you can find on amazon. Now don't beat me up for this as I just ordered a battery cover from CB shop.
    11-21-13 11:49 AM
    I charged my Q10 with the bundle whilst the usb wall charger charged the bundle for the first time last night. It didn't charge my phone past 45% or maybe not at all :s

Posted via my CB Q10
    11-22-13 06:10 AM
    I got these brief instructions with my bundle...
    BlackBerry Battery Charger Bundle (ACC-53185-101)-img_00001392.jpg

Posted via my CB Q10
    11-22-13 06:13 AM
    I've got an issue (same as I had with my Z10 actually) where the screen won't turn off when charging the phone through the battery pack connected to the wall. Even if I press the power button the screen comes back on.

It doesn't always do this, but it does it most of the time. My Z10 is the same way, but it wasn't for the first few months.

Posted with my self-refurbished, increasingly less red Q10.
    11-24-13 07:52 PM
    There is still no manual on the BlackBerry website. When I first connected the charger bundle it was a flashing green LED, now it is a solid green LED. Is it fully charged? Or does the green LED turn off when charging is complete?
    12-17-13 03:58 AM
    There is still no manual on the BlackBerry website. When I first connected the charger bundle it was a flashing green LED, now it is a solid green LED. Is it fully charged? Or does the green LED turn off when charging is complete?
    A solid green light shows that it is fully charged.

Posted from my Z30 via the CB app
    Mack Gans likes this.
    12-17-13 04:12 AM
    Yes, solid green means your battery is fully charged. By the way, you'll see a yellow light when you start charging an empty (or low) battery.

Tan Okan Q10
    Mack Gans likes this.
    12-17-13 04:14 AM
    Okay so i got a few answers out of here, however i have one more question. When i put a battery that i know is at 60 %, and press the button it says green light. even though green means 75-100. is this normal or is it not suppose to do this
    02-24-14 10:01 PM
    i have a battery thats at 60 %, i put it in and press the button it says green light. Now, i know yellow means 25-75, why doesn't it say yellow?
    02-24-14 10:03 PM