I just now wanted to find an address that was texted to me a few weeks ago. But when I look, I have all of yesterday's texts with none of the ones between Tuesday Aug7 all the way back to May27! The thread is complete going back from that date.

Has anyone seen this before? Better still, know how to fix it?

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    08-09-18 07:14 PM
    Texts from just one contact or everyone else?

Posted via CB10
    08-09-18 10:20 PM
    AFAIK just one contact. I didn't check every thread but a cursory peek didn't see any other threads with missing chunks like this one.

08-10-18 05:59 AM
    If it's just one contact, then you most likely deleted the texts accidentally without noticing.

If it was texts from multiple people, then there would be concern.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-18 12:25 PM
    Well, I guess that now there's concern? I just wanted a phone number my kid texted to me on Sunday (4 days ago). But the thread is missing the texts from JUST part of the day! I have ones sent before 12:30 that day, and then I'm missing about 5 texts sent or replied to in the hour after that. The thread is complete again after 13:35. More inconvenient is that I know they were still there on Wednesday because I looked up the number that day.

I always thought it was all or nothing when it came to stored files? How can my Q10 randomly lose just a few?

09-07-18 03:41 PM
    OK, now it's worse! I just tried to look for a text sent to me last week, only to discover that now NONE of the texts in the thread exist prior to two days ago!! What in the bleep is happening to my Q10?

09-21-18 06:26 AM
    OK, now it's worse! I just tried to look for a text sent to me last week, only to discover that now NONE of the texts in the thread exist prior to two days ago!! What in the bleep is happening to my Q10?

The thread is one texting with one of my kids, so I actually wanted to keep it, there's zero chance of my having deleted it and now several pictures and quotes sent to me are gone.

Yes I can ask for specific texts to be re-sent but I can't have this keep happening! At this rate I'd need to somehow save texts daily, but worse is that there doesn't seem to be any way to restore any if I managed to find a viable method of saving texts in the 1st place!

I have the SMSbackup app from BlackBerry world but have been unable to get it to restore any texts. Plus I would still lose over a week from when I did the 20 minutes backup to 3 days ago. Any suggestions for fixing this?

09-21-18 06:57 AM
    By any chance you have the delete icon visible in Hub and it is being pushed accidentally?

Edit: just saw the other thread, so the answer to the question above should be "no". Perhaps it's best if you keep this in the same thread?
    09-21-18 11:36 AM
    Post screenshots of ALL your apps

Posted via CB10
    09-25-18 07:36 PM