I saved the birthdays of each contact and now I don�t know how to make them appear in the calendar and be reminded of them without using an app like MeeBirthdays.

Found this post on supportforums.blackberry.com, but if I start from the calendar I can�t find any Birthday calendar.

Any help would be appreciated.
    05-17-13 11:34 AM
    Can anyone help me with this?

If I add the Birthday for the CONTACT - What do I have to do to have this automatically reflected in the calendar?
    My Contacts are linked to my Gmail Account (Default)
    My Calendar is also linked to my Gmail Account (Default).

When I update the contact on my phone, the Gmail Contact (Gmail) is also updated with the Birthday details (verified by accessing Gmail Contacts on the computer), but no CALENDAR entry is being added either on the BlackBerry or on the Gmail Calendar!
    05-19-13 12:04 AM
    It isn't the answer you are looking for, but I find that facebook will automatically populate your calendar with birthday reminders, if you want it to. May be a useful work-around?

Perhaps someone will know the real answer to your query.
    05-19-13 01:15 AM
    It isn't the answer you are looking for, but I find that facebook will automatically populate your calendar with birthday reminders, if you want it to. May be a useful work-around?

Perhaps someone will know the real answer to your query.
    Thanks for the reply, but I don't have a FaceBook account (yes, I am one of those).

This did seem to work just fine on my previous BlackBerry's... Wonder what is it that I am missing.
    05-19-13 01:22 AM
    There does seem to be an alternative workaround.

Gmail's Birthday Calendar feature (Other Calendars > Browse Other Interesting Calendars > More > Contact's Birthdays and other Events)... BUT I would rather have the updates in my primary calendar... not have a separate Birthday Calendar.

The thing is - It does make sense to have the Calendar updated with the Birthday once the details have been saved to the Contact. Why should there be a need to import / sync a 'Birthday Calendar' from my Gmail Account??

Of course, I could just ADD a calendar event to my default calendar as well when I am updating the contact, but that is redundant. Why would I bother to update the contact if I am going to have to make a manual entry to the Calendar ANYWAY!?

Anybody has any suggestions?
    Last edited by L o r d R a j; 05-19-13 at 01:46 AM.
    05-19-13 01:26 AM
    I saved the birthdays of each contact and now I don’t know how to make them appear in the calendar and be reminded of them without using an app like MeeBirthdays.

Found this post on supportforums.blackberry.com, but if I start from the calendar I can’t find any Birthday calendar.

Any help would be appreciated.

If you have Goggle account and Calendar and both are set as your primary on BB, then writing birthdays in Google Calendar and/or Google Contact directly or onto your BB contact, birthdays will be set OK in your BB.
    The same logic should work with any other mail-contact-calendar account.
    05-19-13 01:45 AM
    If you have Goggle account and Calendar and both are set as your primary on BB, then writing birthdays in Google Calendar and/or Google Contact directly or onto your BB contact, birthdays will be set OK in your BB.
    The same logic should work with any other mail-contact-calendar account.
    That's the way it is SUPPOSED to work.

They are being updated on the CONTACT. Syncing fine. As in - if I update CONTACT on BB to include B'day details, it syncs to my Gmail Account and CONTACT also gets updated with the B'day details.

The problem is - no automatic Calendar event is being created with these updated contact details.
    They AREN'T being added as Calendar events unless a manual unique Calendar Entry is made.
    05-19-13 01:50 AM
    Thanks for caring. Being sure that it won’t take too long I’ll rather wait till we get it native.
    05-22-13 04:41 PM
    Yesterday my birthday entries from contacts surfaced in calendar. The only minor glitch I encountered is now solved.

Birthday reminder on Q10-q10_birthdays.png

Third week together and the Q10 is really growing on me.
    05-30-13 03:51 AM
    Yesterday my birthday entries from contacts surfaced in calendar. The only minor glitch I encountered is now solved.
    Showed up on its own or did you have to do something?
    05-30-13 03:57 AM
    No software update, nor reboot or refresh. Seems like OS kind of solved it. Actually the birthdays for the present month are not showing up, but from June on. If I tap on the entry in calendar it shows up like this (i replaced the name with ... in the picture)

Birthday reminder on Q10-q10_birthdays2.png
    Birthday reminder on Q10-q10_birthdays3.png
    05-30-13 04:18 AM
    No software update, nor reboot or refresh. Seems like OS kind of solved it. Actually the birthdays for the present month are not showing up, but from June on. If I tap on the entry in calendar it shows up like this (i replaced the name with ... in the picture)

Interesting.... hmmm. Any chance you synced your contacts to an email account other than Gmail? Just curious.
    05-30-13 04:21 AM
    The reason I am asking is because:
    Birthday reminder on Q10-1.jpg

So, I am assuming, you synced your contacts and calendar with some other provider (perhaps). And THAT provider managed to pick up the Dates from your Contacts and appended those details to the Calendar and THEN when the next time the sync cycle ran, you got the updated / appended Calendar entries. Plausible?

Either ways - glad it got sorted out for you.
    05-30-13 04:26 AM
    Thank you. I have three email accounts. One of them doesn’t give me the option to sync contacts, calendar or tasks. For the other two I had settings for Sync Calendar turned off all the time. Never installed Facebook-App either. Also deleted MeeBirthdays in the meantime and rebooted and the entries are there. I did not enter them in calendar but solely and manually in contacts.
    05-30-13 05:16 AM
    Thank you. I have three email accounts. One of them doesn’t give me the option to sync contacts, calendar or tasks. For the other two I had settings for Sync Calendar turned off all the time. Never installed Facebook-App either. Also deleted MeeBirthdays in the meantime and rebooted and the entries are there. I did not enter them in calendar but solely and manually in contacts.
    Guess I will keep trying stunts on my Q10... Just MIGHT work.
    05-30-13 05:38 AM
    The option to add a birthday field for a contact must be designated for bringing up a notification in the calendar, so I just left it there a week ago without further trying. Issue seems limited to very few users. Thought the info shared today might be somewhat comforting. Most of all I wanted to set things a little straight again. Readers who don’t own the device yet shouldn’t doubt the fantastic experience the Q10 is. Hope to hear soon from you in this particular case.
    05-30-13 02:04 PM
    I've encountered the same issue with my Q10 today!!! I had the same problem with my 9900 but managed to figure out how to do it in the end. There's got to be a way without resorting to Facebook or Google! And, I rather not wait to see if happens of its own accord.
    06-09-13 11:50 AM
    LordRaj, you were right. Haven�t been to office until yesterday, where I noticed that birthdays saved in my phone contacts are showing up in the Outlook calendar on my desktop PC. The output of birthdays comes definitely from there (private contacts, same formatting as in phone contacts). Phone�s exchange account settings for syncing calendar are turned off, though. Calendar app is showing �Home (Local Calendar)�. I�m really sorry for the confusion.
    06-25-13 12:44 PM