My "e" key is sticking and "a" key is double typing. I'm pretty sure it's because the keyboard is dirty and oily

So I'm wondering if there is anyway of cleaning the keyboard or if I have to replace it what's the best way?

"Correct me grammar fascists! I'm ready!"
    04-29-15 08:04 PM
    My "e" key is sticking and "a" key is double typing. I'm pretty sure it's because the keyboard is dirty and oily

So I'm wondering if there is anyway of cleaning the keyboard or if I have to replace it what's the best way?

Search the forums, plenty of replies!
    04-29-15 08:55 PM
    Already surfing them

Ah the joys of a BlackBerry

04-29-15 10:52 PM

Try to use Alcohol once and it works very well IMO. Buy pure alcohol on nearest pharmacy, switch off Q10, pour bit of alcohol onto Q10 keyboard, quickly soft press every keyboard letter, let it dry for a while, pray that this work well hehe

Posted from Amazing Q10
    04-30-15 04:02 AM
    Compressed air.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    04-30-15 05:58 AM
    18yr old whiskey

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 07:02 AM
    My "a" key used to stuck. I brought it to the shop, and they told me the flexible wire on the keypad is faulty.
    I ended up replacing the whole keyboard

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 07:34 AM
    I took mine apart, and ended buying an Amazon warehouse deal

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.2726
    04-30-15 08:14 AM
    Use a dry Q-Tip, it should help.
    04-30-15 10:18 AM
    It's too bad that we have to clean / repair our keyboards. I know the feeling because I have a misbehaving Q10.

I decided to switch to the Q5 because of its problem free keyboard.

That's why I have a BlackBerry, because I want a fully functional keyboard phone. So far the Q5 is the only problem free bb10 keyboard phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 05:00 PM
    So far the Q5 is the only problem free bb10 keyboard phone.
    Absolutely agreed! It has given me no issues during my 1.5 years usage. The keyboard has collected dust under the space bar, though. I maybe enticed to install a black keyboard!
    04-30-15 05:22 PM
    18yr old whiskey

Posted via CB10
    I was thinking more like 20yr. This is a special bb you know

05-01-15 12:29 PM
    It's too bad that we have to clean / repair our keyboards. I know the feeling because I have a misbehaving Q10.

I decided to switch to the Q5 because of its problem free keyboard.

That's why I have a BlackBerry, because I want a fully functional keyboard phone. So far the Q5 is the only problem free bb10 keyboard phone.

Posted via CB10
    Honestly after holding the Q5 I wish I had purchased it instead. It's curved back is nice and it reminds me of my 8530 such a tough phone it took beatings that would have destroyed other phones

05-01-15 12:33 PM
    My "a" key used to stuck. I brought it to the shop, and they told me the flexible wire on the keypad is faulty.
    I ended up replacing the whole keyboard

Posted via CB10
    The shop? Is that just any phone shop or is there a BB shop ?

05-01-15 12:38 PM
    Try to use Alcohol once and it works very well IMO. Buy pure alcohol on nearest pharmacy, switch off Q10, pour bit of alcohol onto Q10 keyboard, quickly soft press every keyboard letter, let it dry for a while, pray that this work well hehe

Posted from Amazing Q10
    So you suggest pouring alcohol in my keyboard ?

05-01-15 12:40 PM
    pour bit of alcohol onto Q10 keyboard

NEVER, EVER, AS IN NEVER POUR ANY LIQUID ONTO YOUR KB

Isopropyl Alcohol (not "rubbing" alcohol) works great for cleaning the surface. Compressed air can help clean behind or between keys, but it can also do damage.

Changing out the kb is relatively easy on a Q10 and inexpensive... and the only way to fix that dreaded double type.
    Some have done their own repair of a kb, but that is higher risk to damage, and you would want a new kb handy in case of breakage.
    05-01-15 01:49 PM
    So you suggest pouring alcohol in my keyboard ?

I did poured pure alcohol to my Q10 keyboard, just small amount.. and it did great until now.. no double type whatsoever hehe. But hey I'm not suggesting anything, just my experience

Posted from Amazing Q10
    05-01-15 01:55 PM
    Compressed air.

JB

Posted internationally thanks to my Passport
    I would caution against this or at least say be very very careful if you do this.

My 9900 was double typing toward the end of its run and I decided to try compressed air. It seemed to do the trick but then I noticed it blew a lot of little bits of dust up into the screen. When the phone was on I started to notice them all over the place under the screen. So while it can fix the issue with a certain key or the keyboard you risk sending the bits of dust inside the device all over the place.
    05-01-15 03:10 PM
    Alright so it seems the best thing to do is to replace the keyboard. Thanks everyone

05-04-15 12:08 AM