Vuze, utorrent, utorrent lite etc

Which one have u guys found most reliable?

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 09:19 AM
    Vuze, utorrent, utorrent lite etc

Which one have u guys found most reliable?

Posted via CB10
    IMHO tTorrent It works great for me.

Posted via CB10
    billsterjito likes this.
    02-01-14 11:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    Did you mean uTorrent or did you really mean tTorrent?
    02-01-14 11:39 AM
    Did you mean uTorrent or did you really mean tTorrent?
    Lol! I know I thought the same thing when I first read about it. No I really meant "tTorrent"
    Best torrent app?-img_20140201_094406.png

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 11:46 AM
    Is it in BlackBerry World?
    02-01-14 11:52 AM
    Is it in BlackBerry World?

No my friend, It's an Android app. Install via Android app store of your choice or just direct apk install if you find it on the interwebs somewhere. I'd be kool if it was in BlackBerry World tho.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 12:05 PM
    Thank You. I'll be looking into it.
    02-01-14 12:43 PM
    Why would anyone use this crap?
    02-01-14 03:05 PM
    Why would anyone use this crap?
    To download torrents...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-01-14 05:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    tTorrent works better than the android uTorrent? In what ways if you don't mind me asking. Not doubting you, just asking since you've used it, I haven't tried it so I have no idea.

02-01-14 05:11 PM
    That didn't answer my question.
    To download torrents...

02-01-14 05:11 PM
    I second tTorrent. I tried uTorrent because I use it on my laptop too but it didn't work for me, downloaded tTorrent and worked perfectly. Could very well be just my experience, but just to say tTorrent works.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 05:14 PM
    That didn't answer my question.
    Sure it did... If you asked why would anyone go to a sushi restaurant, the answer is to eat sushi. No need to get into a discussion on whether sushi is actually good or not... The answer to your question to why someone would want to download a torrent app is so they can download torrents. I suppose you wanted to get into a discussion about torrents but since not everyone downloading torrents do it for the same reason, nor do we all download the same type of files, it's pretty pointless to just arbitrarily pick one point of view just to argue it. So my answer to you is: "to download torrent files."

02-01-14 05:40 PM
    I second tTorrent. I tried uTorrent because I use it on my laptop too but it didn't work for me, downloaded tTorrent and worked perfectly. Could very well be just my experience, but just to say tTorrent works.

Posted via CB10
    I have a question, I see two tTorrent apps in snap, and they both have different authors. Which one should I get?

02-01-14 05:41 PM
    Sorry I wasn't more clear. Why do people download torrents, or what is the benefit? I just don't see any legitimate reason to use them, other than nicking something. But I haven't been on a torrent site in 10 years.
    Sure it did... If you asked why would anyone go to a sushi restaurant, the answer is to eat sushi. No need to get into a discussion on whether sushi is actually good or not... The answer to your question to why someone would want to download a torrent app is so they can download torrents. I suppose you wanted to get into a discussion about torrents but since not everyone downloading torrents do it for the same reason, nor do we all download the same type of files, it's pretty pointless to just arbitrarily pick one point of view just to argue it. So my answer to you is: "to download torrent files."

Last edited by waterfrontmgmt; 02-01-14 at 05:54 PM.
    02-01-14 05:44 PM
    I have a question, I see two tTorrent apps in snap, and they both have different authors. Which one should I get?

It's the first result if you do a search in snap. There's two versions because one is "Lite" and the other "Pro" but since snap can't handle paid apps just yet. You'll have to choose the lite version which is free. The author is "tagsoft" and it has 5,000,000+ downloads, sitting at version 1.2.4 currently. I also use tTorrent over uTorrent because I experienced issues with uTorrent, while I had never had an issue with tTorrent it just works. Now on my laptop and desktop I use uTorrent exclusively.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 06:03 PM
    Can you download like music torrents

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 06:09 PM
    Can you download like music torrents

Posted via CB10
    Of course any torrent you want.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 06:11 PM
    Can't find it on snap.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 06:15 PM
    Sorry I wasn't more clear. Why do people download torrents, or what is the benefit? I just don't see any legitimate reason to use them, other than nicking something. But I haven't been on a torrent site in 10 years.
    It depends. Yes, downloading things illegally is one reason, whether it be movies, games, etc. You can also download other large files that are not illegal to download like large patches and what-not. The benefit is that as long as seeds are available, you get really good download speeds. I use it sometimes to see old episodes of shows that are not on amazon video, on-demand, or things like that anymore. And yes, I've downloaded movies before, but never movies I don't already legally own on a physical disc. For example, I have the Indiana Jones blu-rays. My friend has never seen those movies (*gasp*) before but she doesn't have a blu-ray player. So I downloaded the movies onto my phone (although at that time I downloaded them on my PC then transferred them over) so that I can bring it to her house and stream it to her tv to watch the movies. Thanks to blockbuster disappearing, we can't "rent" these older movies anymore... :-(

Game mods and demos are also shared this way. I believe BB10 leak OS's are on torrents as well as mega and other sources...

02-01-14 08:03 PM
    It's the first result if you do a search in snap. There's two versions because one is "Lite" and the other "Pro" but since snap can't handle paid apps just yet. You'll have to choose the lite version which is free. The author is "tagsoft" and it has 5,000,000+ downloads, sitting at version 1.2.4 currently. I also use tTorrent over uTorrent because I experienced issues with uTorrent, while I had never had an issue with tTorrent it just works. Now on my laptop and desktop I use uTorrent exclusively.

Posted via CB10
    What can be done with the pro version that cannot be done with the free version?

02-01-14 08:04 PM
    Flud ftw.

Why?... if you don't know, you should do some research.
    I'll give you a hint, canonical, another hint, find out why canonical uses torrents

.... seriously tho... if you go guys haven't heard of flud you're missing out. Most flawless mobile torrent app ive used
    02-01-14 08:14 PM
    I find Ttorrent works well. Wish it's search worked.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 08:15 PM
    Gotya. That makes sense.
    It depends. Yes, downloading things illegally is one reason, whether it be movies, games, etc. You can also download other large files that are not illegal to download like large patches and what-not. The benefit is that as long as seeds are available, you get really good download speeds. I use it sometimes to see old episodes of shows that are not on amazon video, on-demand, or things like that anymore. And yes, I've downloaded movies before, but never movies I don't already legally own on a physical disc. For example, I have the Indiana Jones blu-rays. My friend has never seen those movies (*gasp*) before but she doesn't have a blu-ray player. So I downloaded the movies onto my phone (although at that time I downloaded them on my PC then transferred them over) so that I can bring it to her house and stream it to her tv to watch the movies. Thanks to blockbuster disappearing, we can't "rent" these older movies anymore... :-(

Game mods and demos are also shared this way. I believe BB10 leak OS's are on torrents as well as mega and other sources...

02-01-14 08:40 PM
    How does Flud compare to ttorent? I have been using Flud for a while and it works well for me, allowing direct file saving to SD.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums mobile app
    02-02-14 12:14 AM
35 12