I'd be grateful to have recommendations for Podcast apps that work well on the Q10 in 2017. I was using Nobex and although that works well for established subscriptions it no longer seems to register new subscriptions based on RSS entries. I've contacted Nobex support but have had no response. My guess it's no longer supported so I need something else that works well and allows subscriptions to new RSS feeds. There is Bpod on the BB World store and I'm happy to pay if it works well and is being supported by the developer.
    Any more recommendations?

-- posted via CB10 on my Q10 --
    08-13-17 07:45 AM
    I was actually going to recommend Nobex until I read your post. When you search for a podcast and it says it's not found, then you try and add one with a url and is that when it doesn't work?

Posted via CB10
    08-13-17 10:24 AM
    BPod works great. I haven't seen an update in awhile but I use it daily. Strongly recommended.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-17 10:41 AM
    I was actually going to recommend Nobex until I read your post. When you search for a podcast and it says it's not found, then you try and add one with a url and is that when it doesn't work?
    Yes that's it. Here's an example of what I get back. This is just one of several, some from very well established sites e.g. BBC

Thank you for submitting the podcast at http://https://www.thetechbox.net/podcasts?format=rss. We could not add it. Could not open url as a valid xml feed.

08-13-17 10:57 AM
    The link that you provided is not a valid podcast feed. Do they have a website about their podcast? Most of the time the link will have a .rssfeed in the url or .libsyn in it

Unfortunately with Nobex they seem to be very specific with the url they need in order to submit a podcast but I have done it numerous times and it has worked for me. Sometimes I have to try a few different url's though.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-17 11:14 AM
    Yes you're correct, there's a double http in my quoted post (my error). In any event the correct address, which is a valid feed will also fail, as will all the others I have tried recently

Examples:
    https://www.thetechbox.net/podcasts?format=rss

http://podcasts.files.bbci.co.uk/p054dybk.rss

If others can get these to work in Nobex there maybe a problem with my own copy, but I suspect it's a problem with Nobex and their servers. I've also tried to use their web site to enter the addresses without success.

08-13-17 03:15 PM
    Yes you're correct, there's a double http in my quoted post (my error). In any event the correct address, which is a valid feed will also fail, as will all the others I have tried recently

Examples:
    https://www.thetechbox.net/podcasts?format=rss

http://podcasts.files.bbci.co.uk/p054dybk.rss

If others can get these to work in Nobex there maybe a problem with my own copy, but I suspect it's a problem with Nobex and their servers. I've also tried to use their web site to enter the addresses without success.

Here's the error box that I get
    08-13-17 03:19 PM
    Just try bPod. Likely will solve your problem. Antennapod is an option too -- Android port but free and work's well.

Posted via CB10
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    08-13-17 04:08 PM
    I have used Antennapod – its a nice app but as you mention it's an android port and in my experience it proved laggy to use, and podcast playback often stuttered. I've had some success with Podcasts To Go (BETA) but that's a bit limited and is no longer developed/supported.
    I'll probably take the plunge and purchase bPod - in general, I'm happy to pay for apps but have been bitten by the odd one that doesn't work after purchase
    Last edited by mushroom_daddy; 08-15-17 at 02:05 AM. Reason: update links
    08-14-17 04:28 AM
    I have used Antennapod – its a nice app but as you mention it's an android port and in my experience it proved laggy to use, and podcast playback often stuttered. I've had some success with Podcasts To Go (BETA) but that's a bit limited and is no longer developed/supported.
    I'll probably take the plunge and purchase bPod - in general, I'm happy to pay for apps but have been bitten by the odd one that doesn't work after purchase
    bPod works and works well. It's what I use.

The only trouble I've had is with downloading podcasts from a local sports radio station. However, many of the podcast apps I have tried on different platforms don't work with those particular podcasts either.

There's also an Android port of Podtrapper, if you get nostalgic for the feel of the 9900.

Download: http://ota.versatilemonkey.com/podtrapper/

The (now free) activation code is here: http://versatilemonkey.com/d/purchase/podtrapper
    08-16-17 11:46 AM
    Good thought, about Podtrapper. I did try that a while ago on my Android slab, just for old times sake, but it didn't render well and was really laggy on Nougat. It might just work better on the Q10, I'll give it a go.

anon(8063781) likes this.
    08-16-17 04:47 PM
    Good thought, about Podtrapper. I did try that a while ago on my Android slab, just for old times sake, but it didn't render well and was really laggy on Nougat. It might just work better on the Q10, I'll give it a go.

I noticed that it stuttered on recent Android, but I don't think that was the case on the Q10. The only downside for me is that the physical pause button didn't work. It does work with bPod and AntennaPod. It's a necessity in the car.
    08-16-17 09:27 PM
    One more vote for bPod. Hasn't failed me yet. It's not expensive at all given how long I've used it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-16-17 10:54 PM
    Thanks for all the helpful responses. General consensus seems to favour bPod.

I noticed that it stuttered on recent Android, but I don't think that was the case on the Q10. The only downside for me is that the physical pause button didn't work. It does work with bPod and AntennaPod. It's a necessity in the car.
    I'd need a pause function so that probably rules out Podtrapper. I also prefer to avoid Android apps where possible on my Q10 so I'll probably give bPod a go. I really don't mind paying for apps providing they work.
    08-17-17 02:40 AM
    Thanks for all the helpful responses. General consensus seems to favour bPod.

I'd need a pause function so that probably rules out Podtrapper. I also prefer to avoid Android apps where possible on my Q10 so I'll probably give bPod a go. I really don't mind paying for apps providing they work.
    Well, after making the recommendation, I was looking at app WiFi usage in App Manager, and bPod had used a huge amount of WiFi data (2.5GB in the last 30 days). The data usage was mostly for regularly recurring podcast feed updates, but it shouldn't have been happening. I had the update service turned off. So watch that. If it was to happen over cellular data, it could get expensive. I'm not sure if it could happen over cellular data, but it wasn't supposed to be happening over WiFi either.

Fortunately, I don't bother with a data plan over the summer because it would be pointless. I'm constantly within reach of WiFi.
    08-20-17 10:16 AM
    Well, after making the recommendation, I was looking at app WiFi usage in App Manager, and bPod had used a huge amount of WiFi data (2.5GB in the last 30 days). The data usage was mostly for regularly recurring podcast feed updates, but it shouldn't have been happening. I had the update service turned off. So watch that. If it was to happen over cellular data, it could get expensive. I'm not sure if it could happen over cellular data, but it wasn't supposed to be happening over WiFi either.

Fortunately, I don't bother with a data plan over the summer because it would be pointless. I'm constantly within reach of WiFi.
    Thanks for that update. For now I'm going to stick with Nobex for established podcasts and use Podcasts to Go for other newer subscriptions. At present, that seems to be delivering what I need but if the combination fails I might try bPod.

I've just put my SIM card back in my 9900, I've had several weeks with the Q10 and I'm missing that trackpad !
    08-20-17 04:12 PM
    bPod is the best, bar none.
    08-23-17 04:23 PM
    Thanks for that update. For now I'm going to stick with Nobex for established podcasts and use Podcasts to Go for other newer subscriptions. At present, that seems to be delivering what I need but if the combination fails I might try bPod.

I've just put my SIM card back in my 9900, I've had several weeks with the Q10 and I'm missing that trackpad !
    So I thought that the bPod data usage must be my fault, but it's not. The update service restarted while switched off.

On the positive side, I've switched back to PodTrapper for good, and discovered a great feature. When you've downloaded an episode and you're in the play screen, hit the three dots in the bottom right and choose 'Play in Native Player.' Voila! It plays in the BB10 player and the physical pause button works.
    08-26-17 09:24 PM
    I'm using Stitcher from the playstore on my Passport and it works perfect. And it's free.
    08-26-17 10:03 PM
    I have been using bpod forever and never an issue. It has always worked great. Have it on my Passport and Q10.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-17 02:33 PM
    If your open to an android app I use pocket cast. The only thing doesn't work well is the speed up option when playing podcasts, it will tend to drop intermediately if you don't keep the app full screen

Posted via CB10
    08-28-17 07:54 PM
    Do these apps allow you to save to the SD card?
    08-28-17 08:20 PM
    Do these apps allow you to save to the SD card?
    Podtrapper definitely does.
    08-28-17 08:27 PM
    Podtrapper definitely does.
    Do you know whether Podtrapper on the Q10 is smart enough to share folders and recognise podcasts downloads from the 9900? I regularly swap my SD between the two handsets and it would be good to be able to easily share podcasts already downloaded. That's alway been a problem with Nobex, which keeps downloads in a covert folder.
    08-29-17 02:28 AM
    I know it's not what you want but I love using PocketCast. If are interested I will see which version I'm running
    08-29-17 04:13 AM
28 12