Hello,

I am a huge Blackberry fan, always have been and always will be.

I bought the Z10 when it came out and then sold it. I then bought the Q10 when it came out and have since retired it. Each time I have been forced back to my iPhone 5. I have now bought and am currently using the Samsung Galaxy S4. It too has its faults, but all things considered (as much as I hate to say it) it is by far the best of the three phones that I have sitting in my office.

This is what I believe it will take for Blackberry to rule the Smart-Phone World.

Build a phone and...

1. Make it the same size as the Galaxy S4.
    2. Give it a key board and leave as much physical screen as possible. The keyboard on the Q10 is awesome but the screen it way too small.
    3. Give it a camera as good or better than the S4 ("photos are life's reference") and the camera on the Q10 is nowhere near good enough!
    4. Give it a decent speaker, maybe two. My Q10 speaker buzzes on speakerphone which is inexcusable and I hate it.
    5. Get a better dialer keypad design with a BIGGER "End-Call" button that actually ends the call when you hit it. I have to hit mine at least 3 or 4 times on too many occasions which drives me nuts when I though I hung up an a call and didn't.
    6. Give it the most powerful Quad-Core processor possible. Make sure it benchmarks with the best of the best!
    7. Give it 32 GB of internal memory.
    8. Give it a proper voice system equal as good or better than Siri or one on the S4 which I think is unbelievable how well it works. You can ask anything and it rarely misses a beat. The B10 system is annoying and pathetic to the point where I wont waste my time trying to use it.
    9. And then... give it something cool that no one else has, like the hologram keyboard that iPhone 5 was suppose to have. Just give it something!
    10. Find a way to get the apps that people want so they can function with just one phone. I want to control my home audio from my Blackberry. I can with either my S4 or iPhone 5.

A few examples of what I need to be able to function with just one phone are: Words for Friends (my wife , iControlAV, Yamaha AV Controller, Evernote.

There are probably many other small user-preferences that could be debated and addressed so set it up so that almost anything can be changed via a software update if the user-consensus warrants it.

Examples would be multiple-alarm capabilities (if that has not already been done). A way to import Notes from iPhone would be nice.

Build it and they will come! Time is of the essence.

Go Blackberry,!
    BullGuard8 likes this.
    05-19-13 01:34 PM
    I totally agree with you on your points. Q10 is an absolute waste of money. They have given you more screen but it's actually bloody useless because there are always banners.
    BullGuard8 likes this.
    05-19-13 01:47 PM
    Haters. The Q10 caters to a particular user. I would never watch a video longer than a couple of minutes for a quick laugh nor play games on my phone.

I guess I'm old fashioned but I need my phone to be a communications device first, and a toy second. The Q10 is in a league of its own in that regard.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 01:54 PM
    Haters. The Q10 caters to a particular user. I would never watch a video longer than a couple of minutes for a quick laugh nor play games on my phone.

I guess I'm old fashioned but I need my phone to be a communications device first, and a toy second. The Q10 is in a league of its own in that regard.

Posted via CB10
    I guess I must be old fashioned as well then, considering my primary use of my Curve, and now my Q10 has always been, and is presently, a communications device, not a gaming platform or some device to waste time on. The Q10 is in a league of its own, and I'm glad about it.
    05-19-13 02:02 PM
    Make it the same size as the Galaxy S4.
    No thanks. I've had phones that big and I prefer the form factor of the Bolds/Q.

Give it a camera as good or better than the S4 ("photos are life's reference") and the camera on the Q10 is nowhere near good enough!
    Better camera would be good, but the Q10's is plenty good already. If anything, I wish they'd increase the usability in low light, in a similar fashion to the HTC One.

Give it a decent speaker, maybe two. My Q10 speaker buzzes on speakerphone which is inexcusable and I hate it.
    Would be good, but the HTC One does it better than the S4 so it would be a better example. Anyways the Q10's speaker is already better than most phones out there now.

Give it the most powerful Quad-Core processor possible. Make sure it benchmarks with the best of the best!
    This seems unnecessary. You want better specs so it benchmarks better? Better specs would be good, but that's so we can run more processor intensive apps, not because we want better benchmarks.

Give it 32 GB of internal memory.
    The 16GB S4 has 8GB left with the OS in there. Both have microSD slots, so you can always just plug in more storage.

Give it a proper voice system equal as good or better than Siri or one on the S4 which I think is unbelievable how well it works. You can ask anything and it rarely misses a beat. The B10 system is annoying and pathetic to the point where I wont waste my time trying to use it.
    "The one on the S4" - Are you referring to Google Now/Voice Actions or S-Voice? Google Now is a great product, and the voice recognition is really darn accurate. S-Voice on the other hand is complete ****. Sure, better voice recognition would be nice, but in real life I have never seen anyone use voice recognition unless they're asking stupid questions to Siri.

Obviously that's not to say there aren't areas where the Q10 could be improved on. I think a better screen such as the SLCD3 panel the One uses would be great, and a slight increase in size would be beneficial as well. As said above, camera improvements are always welcome. Dock connectors are absent on the Q10 as well, and I'm sure many people miss them.

Also, your title should read "The best phone in the world (for me)!"
    Jake Storm and organum like this.
    05-19-13 02:16 PM
    Hello,

I am a huge Blackberry fan, always have been and always will be.

I bought the Z10 when it came out and then sold it. I then bought the Q10 when it came out and have since retired it. Each time I have been forced back to my iPhone 5. I have now bought and am currently using the Samsung Galaxy S4. It too has its faults, but all things considered (as much as I hate to say it) it is by far the best of the three phones that I have sitting in my office.

This is what I believe it will take for Blackberry to rule the Smart-Phone World.

Build a phone and...

1. Make it the same size as the Galaxy S4.
    2. Give it a key board and leave as much physical screen as possible. The keyboard on the Q10 is awesome but the screen it way too small.
    3. Give it a camera as good or better than the S4 ("photos are life's reference") and the camera on the Q10 is nowhere near good enough!
    4. Give it a decent speaker, maybe two. My Q10 speaker buzzes on speakerphone which is inexcusable and I hate it.
    5. Get a better dialer keypad design with a BIGGER "End-Call" button that actually ends the call when you hit it. I have to hit mine at least 3 or 4 times on too many occasions which drives me nuts when I though I hung up an a call and didn't.
    6. Give it the most powerful Quad-Core processor possible. Make sure it benchmarks with the best of the best!
    7. Give it 32 GB of internal memory.
    8. Give it a proper voice system equal as good or better than Siri or one on the S4 which I think is unbelievable how well it works. You can ask anything and it rarely misses a beat. The B10 system is annoying and pathetic to the point where I wont waste my time trying to use it.
    9. And then... give it something cool that no one else has, like the hologram keyboard that iPhone 5 was suppose to have. Just give it something!
    10. Find a way to get the apps that people want so they can function with just one phone. I want to control my home audio from my Blackberry. I can with either my S4 or iPhone 5.

A few examples of what I need to be able to function with just one phone are: Words for Friends (my wife , iControlAV, Yamaha AV Controller, Evernote.

There are probably many other small user-preferences that could be debated and addressed so set it up so that almost anything can be changed via a software update if the user-consensus warrants it.

Examples would be multiple-alarm capabilities (if that has not already been done). A way to import Notes from iPhone would be nice.

Build it and they will come! Time is of the essence.

Go Blackberry,!
    What can I say? not much. You just want large screen like can navigator, plastic, incomplete OS with Blackberry Logo on it. How about Blackberry Logo on your a s s? Think and and share your points to us.

This is your place: http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/ you can have your love stories there.
    05-19-13 06:39 PM
    Aren't you sweet. The whole point is to identify all of the great features and aspects of the leading competing phones along with acknowledging weaker aspects (our flaws) of the Q10 and use them to build (an yes I agree with the one post.. for me) in what would be undeniably deemed the best phone in the world. It is my hope that Blackberry can and will regain the title supreme with no grey areas, no debates and no questions. To turn what I feel is noting less than constructive feedback into this destructive BS is ridiculous on your part. My bet is I have more invested in Blackberry than your entire net worth so for me to attempt to relay what I feel it would take to have the King of all phones reign supreme once again is more than supported IMHO. That being said, I am going to bit my tongue before this gets out of hand. Have great day a s s h o l e!
    05-20-13 01:24 AM
    No thanks. I've had phones that big and I prefer the form factor of the Bolds/Q.

Better camera would be good, but the Q10's is plenty good already. If anything, I wish they'd increase the usability in low light, in a similar fashion to the HTC One.

Would be good, but the HTC One does it better than the S4 so it would be a better example. Anyways the Q10's speaker is already better than most phones out there now.

This seems unnecessary. You want better specs so it benchmarks better? Better specs would be good, but that's so we can run more processor intensive apps, not because we want better benchmarks.

The 16GB S4 has 8GB left with the OS in there. Both have microSD slots, so you can always just plug in more storage.

"The one on the S4" - Are you referring to Google Now/Voice Actions or S-Voice? Google Now is a great product, and the voice recognition is really darn accurate. S-Voice on the other hand is complete ****. Sure, better voice recognition would be nice, but in real life I have never seen anyone use voice recognition unless they're asking stupid questions to Siri.

Obviously that's not to say there aren't areas where the Q10 could be improved on. I think a better screen such as the SLCD3 panel the One uses would be great, and a slight increase in size would be beneficial as well. As said above, camera improvements are always welcome. Dock connectors are absent on the Q10 as well, and I'm sure many people miss them.

Also, your title should read "The best phone in the world (for me)!"
    I suspect the post title was intentional to try and cut down on the myriad of bashing that will inevitably ensue.

Re the camera in low light. Have you tried moving the green focus square to the darkest point of the picture? I've found on the Z10 anyway that makes an enormous difference

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    05-20-13 01:33 AM
    Aren't you sweet. The whole point is to identify all of the great features and aspects of the leading competing phones along with acknowledging weaker aspects (our flaws) of the Q10 and use them to build (an yes I agree with the one post.. for me) in what would be undeniably deemed the best phone in the world. It is my hope that Blackberry can and will regain the title supreme with no grey areas, no debates and no questions. To turn what I feel is noting less than constructive feedback into this destructive BS is ridiculous on your part. My bet is I have more invested in Blackberry than your entire net worth so for me to attempt to relay what I feel it would take to have the King of all phones reign supreme once again is more than supported IMHO. That being said, I am going to bit my tongue before this gets out of hand. Have great day a s s h o l e!
    Stop trolling and jog on.

Posted via CB10
    chris8189 likes this.
    05-20-13 01:35 AM
    Well tell blackberry to reduce banner size or option to turn off!! This can be easily addressed just let them know.

Posted via CB10
    Jake Storm likes this.
    05-20-13 01:51 AM
    Q10 and Z10 are the best phones available. So much more than anything else available.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 01:56 PM