Hey! I love my new Q10 but i hate the music player. Is slow, have many many bug and the interface is bad...
    Do you have any other music player for my Q10 on the Blackberry World?

Thanks for help.
    02-28-14 11:00 AM
    Check out Neutron Music Player in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/128241

Posted via CB10
    ghundiraj likes this.
    02-28-14 11:03 AM
    Thanks you, neutron music player look great, but do you know a free music player? I don't want buy app on the BBW.
    02-28-14 01:07 PM
    Neutron is the only other player and it's pretty bad as well. Sluggish interface, bugs (randomly closes when connected to bluetooth), poor sound quality (when applications are running, music can become distorted and skip), and it's ugly.

Too bad this is our only alternative.

Posted via Q10
    02-28-14 01:17 PM
    Nuetron had a huge overhaul update last week, and it's simply awesome. WAY better than the native music player. Full EQ control. It will even decode high quality MP3s to 64 bit. It's insanely good if you know how to use it.
    02-28-14 04:43 PM
    I just got Neutron today and it is a bomb. It has all the bells and whistles that a good music player should have and the sound is great. Well worth the money spent.
    02-28-14 10:12 PM
    I also just bought Neutron after reading about it here. So many options! Might be a bit intimidating for a basic user. A must for an audiophile! A play in a band. I often have to learn songs in a different key than they played on the original recording. Now I can just adjust the pitch with Neutron and play along. Very cool! Looking forward to really learning how to use this app. Set up and save different eq settings depending on how I'm listening to the music on my Q10 etc.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 08:00 AM
    It's awesome. I'm kinda surprised, too, because there is 0 competition for the developer in this particular category. Lol

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 12:32 PM
    Plus, you can download Neutron on the PlayBook for free (once purchased for your phone). And, he updates the PlayBook as well.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 04:59 PM
    The primary competition for Neutron seems to be in the Android market, where it is also highly regarded, with a similar reputation as in BlackBerry World: impressive coverage of formats, great sound quality, endless customization options, but with an exasperating interface. To the developer's credit, he keeps updating the BB10/PlayBook app. Who knows; maybe an interface redesign will make its way into a future update.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 05:34 PM
    Neutron is awesome. Just to give an alternative there is Jetaudio Plus on android. It is a paid app so the OP won't like it, but I support devs and I know others do as well. Worth checking out so you know all the options out there

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 06:05 PM
    Neutron is good I've been using it for about a year and the latest update did speed it up

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 08:27 PM
    Been using neutron and love the custome response settings!

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 09:35 AM
    Nuetron had a huge overhaul update last week, and it's simply awesome. WAY better than the native music player. Full EQ control. It will even decode high quality MP3s to 64 bit. It's insanely good if you know how to use it.
    I'm no audiophile per say, but do you hear any actual difference between 32 bits and 64 bits ?
    Plus with the extra encoding, it will tax on CPU, leading to shorter battery life.
    If you do hear something, please elaborate

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 10:18 AM
    Neutron is the only other player and it's pretty bad as well. Sluggish interface, bugs (randomly closes when connected to bluetooth), poor sound quality (when applications are running, music can become distorted and skip), and it's ugly.

Too bad this is our only alternative.

Posted via Q10
    I haven't had any of those issues with Neutron... prior to the updating to 10.2.1 it would sometimes skip when something else is accessing the audio like navigation, but since updating the OS, even that has gone away. And you'll be the only person saying the sound quality is bad with neutron, lol. But hey, that's your opinion.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-02-14 10:37 AM
    I haven't had any of those issues with Neutron... prior to the updating to 10.2.1 it would sometimes skip when something else is accessing the audio like navigation, but since updating the OS, even that has gone away. And you'll be the only person saying the sound quality is bad with neutron, lol. But hey, that's your opinion.

I'm a pretty heavy user. When listening to 320kbps music with 64bit encoding enabled and doing things like Web browsing and going through apps, I've noticed quite a bit of crackling. 64bit seems to give it higher priority, with 32 it will actually skip. Note that this isn't immediate, it's after I've been listening for a couple hours. Maybe it's a memory issue?

I don't know if it's neutron or the OS that isn't able to keep up.

Also, after about an hour and a half I'll click the active frame and the app will crash. I'll have to reload the app (only started happening with the latest neutron update). This happens to me 2-3 times a day.

Hey it could just be me. Running 10.2.1.537.

Posted via Q10
    03-02-14 11:09 AM
    I do notice a difference with the sound quality of Neutron over the BlackBerry music player. Really frustrated with the controls for accessing playlists, and songs, but I'm sure it's just a learning curve, and I'll have it all figured out after a week or 2. I deleted the 64 bit music from my phone when the old player wouldn't play it, so I can't do a comparison there yet.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 02:24 PM
    I'm a pretty heavy user. When listening to 320kbps music with 64bit encoding enabled and doing things like Web browsing and going through apps, I've noticed quite a bit of crackling. 64bit seems to give it higher priority, with 32 it will actually skip. Note that this isn't immediate, it's after I've been listening for a couple hours. Maybe it's a memory issue?

I don't know if it's neutron or the OS that isn't able to keep up.

Also, after about an hour and a half I'll click the active frame and the app will crash. I'll have to reload the app (only started happening with the latest neutron update). This happens to me 2-3 times a day.

Hey it could just be me. Running 10.2.1.537.

Posted via Q10
    Never had it crash before of after the update. Went from 10.1 to 10.2.1.1925. I've been on 3 hour drives playing music with neutron with navigation the entire way and never had an issue... maybe update your OS to the latest leak 2141 or something like that?

03-02-14 03:36 PM
    Never had it crash before of after the update. Went from 10.1 to 10.2.1.1925. I've been on 3 hour drives playing music with neutron with navigation the entire way and never had an issue... maybe update your OS to the latest leak 2141 or something like that?

Yea I'm planning on doing that after my tests this week. I notice it a lot with wifi activity. For example, going into wifi settings and disconnecting/connecting will cause some crackling sometimes. Browser and reddit in motion will cause it too.

Might be the update. I've also run into a problem with bluetooth in my car's jvc system (kw-nt3hd, doesn't display song information or allow controls anymore).

Hopefully the latest update helps it out.

Posted via Q10
    03-02-14 04:13 PM
    Yea I'm planning on doing that after my tests this week. I notice it a lot with wifi activity. For example, going into wifi settings and disconnecting/connecting will cause some crackling sometimes. Browser and reddit in motion will cause it too.

Might be the update. I've also run into a problem with bluetooth in my car's jvc system (kw-nt3hd, doesn't display song information or allow controls anymore).

Hopefully the latest update helps it out.

Posted via Q10
    Oh, never messed with wifi while listening, so can't tell you if that got fixed or not. I generally never use wifi since I have unlimited data. I know it saves on battery, but still, just too lazy to switch on and off, lol.

03-02-14 04:40 PM
    There was an update today. After updating I selected the active frame and the program crashed.

Posted via Q10
    03-03-14 12:49 PM
    I do agree that Neutron Music Player is the best music app in BlackBerry World and it is the one that I use daily, however I can see that the price might be steep for some that only want a simple music player.

Here is one Called Monodio that is pretty cool and cost only 0.99 cents. I tried the beta version that the dev posted in his twitter feed and it was very good app.

Check out Monodio in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/40235945

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 01:05 PM
    I do agree that Neutron Music Player is the best music app in BlackBerry World and it is the one that I use daily, however I can see that the price might be steep for some that only want a simple music player.

Here is one Called Monodio that is pretty cool and cost only 0.99 cents. I tried the beta version that the dev posted in his twitter feed and it was very good app.

Check out Monodio in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/40235945

Posted via CB10
    Well I just bought it and wow am I disappointed. It can't even read subfolders. That means ALL your music must be under one folder.

Terrible. At least it's only a dollar wasted.

Posted via Q10
    03-03-14 03:13 PM
    Well I just bought it and wow am I disappointed. It can't even read subfolders. That means ALL your music must be under one folder.

Terrible. At least it's only a dollar wasted.

Posted via Q10
    Sorry to hear, had an opportunity to try the beta version prior to its release in BlackBerry World, and I assumed more features would be coming prior to it's official release. The Dev is very active on Twitter and responsive too, perhaps trying to tweet him some request.

https://twitter.com/Louis_Keeper

or request a refund: https://consumersupport.webapps.blac...rce/main?ln=en
    redmonke255 likes this.
    03-03-14 03:34 PM