I have recently moved over to BlackBerry from android and was wondering what are the best apps or ones you guys use most often/cant live without? Also what features on the Q10 should I be aware of as after 2 months I still don't feel like I have fully wrapped my head round BB.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 02:15 PM
    The apps I use are not as important as the ones YOU used to have on your old Android device!

Grab Snap and get your APPS BACK! Here is how to install it.

As for most used apps, what is it you use your phone for?
    10-23-14 02:19 PM
    I have already got snap, I haven't got 10.3 yet though so some blackberry apps are not available to me.
    As for use, I play music through it, the Q10 has a great loud speaker, general use as in texting etc and recently I started using it at work for emailing and xls documents.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-23-14 02:30 PM
    Hey, welcome to BlackBerry! I've been also using BlackBerry Q10 for 2 days now and it feels so great to be back! Sadly, not all apps on iOS/Android were available on BB10. But the good thing there's an app called Snap, wherein u can still use some of your favorite Android app. Well, not all like Hangouts.

Here's an app I use both on my iOS and Android devices. No issue whatsoever. App name: TvTag

Best apps?-img_20141024_033630.png

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 02:39 PM
    I use text, e-mail, BBM, and web browser more than any other apps on my Q10 -- my usage of these things was a big deciding factor in going back to a physical keyboard device. I also use to be on Android, until a few months ago I never owned a BlackBerry device. EasyTether Pro is nice to be able to actually tether - if you live in the states and have a really restrictive carrier they will not allow you to tether with the OS natively. If you download the app you can do it for free (well the price of the app in BlackBerry World). Still annoying to have to do this for something that should be built in but greatful to at least gain that functionality back.
    10-23-14 09:14 PM
    Guess it depends on how and for what you use your phone.

I have just three android apps, installed via snap, that I use. One is my mobile operator's app where I track my mobile plan consumption. Than, FBReader for e-books. I also have native Playepub Book Reader installed, but find FBReader better for my needs. The third one is Tapatalk.

From BlackBerry World, besides built-in apps, I use Navfree for navigation, VoccaBuilder as a dictionary, ReadItNow as a Pocket client, BeeWeather Pro, which I like better than the built-in Weather, XE currency converter, SoundHound for music, 2048 and Kiwi Wonder for killing time, ...

Posted via CB10
    10-24-14 03:19 AM
    Hello welcome! I don't play much games or use much apps. But I do use Aviary photo app downloaded it from amazon app. And also I would recommend a good printer app so you can print from your blackberry. It's called Hammermill an android app. Works great! Hope that helps. But everyone is different. You make the phone work for your preferences.

Posted from my Q10
    10-24-14 05:32 AM
    * blue touchpad -- to control cursor and media of other devices via blue
    * turbo reader -- to get to speed reading mode
    * ReadItNow -- To save webpages for later reads (works/syncs like 'Pocket')
    * Scan to text -- scans camptured images to PDF
    QtHelex likes this.
    10-24-14 06:31 AM
    I have quite a few "best" apps and I added a few in for good measure.

Clipman (device clipboard manager)
    BaSA (Conky style device monitor) (also by QtHelex, great dev)
    Internet Share SOCKS5 (to sidestep carrier tether paywall)
    searchopoly (extended search via keyword in universal search)
    Power Tools (don't like the device notifications management but many other great functions)
    authomator (two-factor authentication)
    KeePassB 2 (keepass client, password manager)
    PlayOn (one-time pay streaming solution)
    Search4P (google places search)
    Street Viewer (rudimentary but free google street view)

(also, a few of the apps recommended in posts above mine)
    QtHelex and Sebs-l like this.
    10-24-14 07:01 AM
    Thank you all so much! That is a massive list to start looking through, blackberry users are so nice or is it just me?

10-24-14 01:22 PM
    BlackBerry browser has quietly move to the front of the pack. Password keeper is not to be overlooked and I trust blackberry encryption. I use Google calendar and syncing with my BlackBerry works better than ever on: Q10SQN100-2/10.3.1.821. If you send text or email BlackBerry is still the best for true messaging.

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.0.1052
    10-24-14 01:51 PM
    Is there a fairly simple way to upgrade to 10.3 without waiting for the official update?

10-24-14 04:11 PM
    Is there a fairly simple way to upgrade to 10.3 without waiting for the official update?

Back-up w/bb link, download auto loader (see fourms), plug-in BlackBerry via USB run .exe file...

Welcome to 10.3!

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.0.1052
    10-24-14 10:00 PM
    Let me fix that for you...

Do a custom Back-up w/bb link leaving out BlackBerry Runtime, download auto loader (see fourms), plug-in BlackBerry via USB run .exe file...

Welcome to 10.3!
    BlackBerry Runtime is the Android Runtime. Restoring that usually breaks android apps. Funny fact is, your android apps are still backed up and will restore fine even if you don't restore that bit. Usually it's best not to restore settings too, just in case something inside the OS changed.
    10-28-14 10:41 PM