I am looking to get into the Q10(pre orders start tomorrow with BELL) I would like some feedback from the current Z10 users as how you liking your device and how is it working on BELL? are there any major apps that are NOT working or not available by BELL on your device? All of your feedbacks will help me to decide if tomorrow will be the day for me to pre-order the Q10......i wonder if whatsapp will work on the Q10 as that's my main source of communication with friends and family....Thank you for all of your input
    04-18-13 04:29 PM
    I am looking to get into the Q10(pre orders start tomorrow with BELL) I would like some feedback from the current Z10 users as how you liking your device and how is it working on BELL? are there any major apps that are NOT working or not available by BELL on your device? All of your feedbacks will help me to decide if tomorrow will be the day for me to pre-order the Q10......i wonder if whatsapp will work on the Q10 as that's my main source of communication with friends and family....Thank you for all of your input
    Hi there, I'm not aware of any apps that specifically don't work for Bell subscribers. There might be some that only work in other countries, but doubtful that would be anything you wanted.

WhatsApp is already out for the Z10. It doesn't show as available yet for the Q10, but I can tell you it will be with 100% certainty.

As far as missing apps, you can find dozens of threads here for apps that are missing but coming soon, or just plain missing with no news at all.
    The big ones are:
    -Netflix: it ain't coming, until further notice
    -Shazam: not coming yet, but competitor Soundhound will have a BB10 very soon
    -Instagram: coming, but nobody knows when

Since your in Canada, you might care about Canadian banking apps. Pageonce is already out, if you've used that. (If not, you really should!) CIBC, Scotiabank, and ING Direct all have BB10 apps. RBC and TD have apps coming soon. Haven't heard about BMO.

Anyway, highly encourage you to look around the site. Check out this forum (Q10) plus the forums for Z10, BB10, BB10 Apps, and BB10 app announcements.
    Also, check BlackBerry's own blog and their App Wednesdays bulletins to see info about the bigger name releases.

I think the Q10 will be a killer device. Looks awesome. Don't think you'll regret, so I'd say pull the trigger!
    04-18-13 05:08 PM
    Both the Z10 and Q10 run on BlackBerry 10, so as long as the apps are updated in time for launch they will work with both. Having a device from Bell doesn't really make any difference to the app.

It pretty much comes down to whether or not you want the keyboard or prefer the extra screen space. For myself, although the virtual keyboard is quite good it's still no replacement for actual keys.

However, I do concede watching videos on the Z10's screen in landscape mode will be missed.
    04-18-13 05:20 PM