Hey, I bought a used/like new blackberry q10 off ebay and its been great so far!!! Just a couple quirks here and there and this being one of em.. So I used the BBVE app to test my device for any errors and sure enough there was with the proximity sensor... For some reason the far gets detected immediately but the close.. doesn't... It just stays at waiting.... Come to think of it, when I'm in a call, my q10 doesn't dim off when I put the phone near my face, which causes my cheek to press all the touchscreen buttons... so is this a hardware or software issue?? Anyone else experiencing this?? If in fact this is a hardware issue, I'm just going to have to return the device back to the seller..... Thanks!
    jtang308 likes this.
    05-30-14 03:16 AM
    I think it's probably a software issue. Which OS are you using on it and have you checked the threads for this same OS? I'm sure other people have posted about it. Not sure what the solution is though.
    05-30-14 08:27 AM
    Well i was using the stock os and just updated to the leak os 10.2.1.3175 and the issue is still present..... Could this be a hardware issue? Is anyone else experiencing this???? I need to know!! Because if this is a hardware issue I need to return the phone to the EBAY user ASAP!!!
    05-30-14 07:29 PM
    Check "sensors" in z10 f�rum, it is unsolved for some people including me.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 07:31 PM
    Sigh.... again it's not a BIG issue but it is something that just bugs me.... I really hope it's not a hardware issue and can be resolved with a new software update.... do you think I should attempt to contact blackberry directly?
    05-31-14 07:28 AM
    I think it's hardware. I used to hang up on people all the time until I got the sensor fixed. Guess my cheek pressed the hang up on the touch screen. My phone was run over in the parking lot and that was one of the outcomes. I'd return it or get it fixed.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 07:58 AM
    Sigh.... again it's not a BIG issue but it is something that just bugs me.... I really hope it's not a hardware issue and can be resolved with a new software update.... do you think I should attempt to contact blackberry directly?
    If you bought it off ebay, I would not expect BlackBerry to help you. The seller is responsible for the device IMHO.
    Now, to the issue you're having: try installing the latest official OS for your carrier. Do not restore any settings, only input the information you have to to get it working, and test the sensor again. If it still does not work, I'd say it's a hardware issue and it needs to be returned to the seller asap.

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2273
    05-31-14 10:52 AM
    Well, as much as the proximity sensor bugs me, I've just decided to stick with the phone and not return it.... the phone is just too awesome to give up/return.... hopefully my proximity sensor is just bugged by software (although doubtful) and can be fixed by future releases...

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 10:28 PM
    I'm in the second z10 and didn't drop neither it was in any car accident just red a lot about the issue here and other forums and it's a problem for many and was already reported as a problem with blackberry servers in the past. It's the lack of some "drivers" that make the sensors fail. Why they are not installed that's the question and another question is why anybody recognizes and solve the problem. Lack of noise probably, as I was told once "you must be one of the the 10 guys in Portugal using a blackberry" lol

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 05:17 AM