Is there such a thing as a perfect design ? Regardless.. I have to agree that the 9780 is probably the most pure Blackberry design. The silver banded flat face of the 9900 is influenced by the Iphone to some degree.
    No it wasn't. It was influenced by the Bold 9000 which had a silver band around it before iphone4 ever got one.
    03-21-13 03:56 AM
    Kinda sad that you need to type out three paragraphs for fear of being labeled a troll....these boards need to relax a bit if BB is ever to be taken seriously...other forums are talking about life improving applications or applications of the phone, while we are still bickering about where your allegiance stands.

But don't forget, I believe this space also protects the phone from cracking...the iphones weakest spot is the screen, giving the impact zone must also add strength by just allowing more energy to transfer to the sides of the phone.
    Someone gets it. The Samsungs need polycarbonate cases because the huge sheet of glass needs to be surrounded by some shock absorbency, just as car windscreens float on a glue and polymer layer. The iPhone seems to need lots of glue between glass and aluminium and even so may lack impact resistance because aluminium has no give.
    BlackBerry engineering design has almost always been excellent, but of course a lot of people aren't engineers and don't necessarily understand why design decisions were made.
    03-21-13 04:44 PM
    No it wasn't. It was influenced by the Bold 9000 which had a silver band around it before iphone4 ever got one.
    OK OK no mas.
    03-21-13 06:35 PM
    Someone gets it. The Samsungs need polycarbonate cases because the huge sheet of glass needs to be surrounded by some shock absorbency, just as car windscreens float on a glue and polymer layer. The iPhone seems to need lots of glue between glass and aluminium and even so may lack impact resistance because aluminium has no give.
    BlackBerry engineering design has almost always been excellent, but of course a lot of people aren't engineers and don't necessarily understand why design decisions were made.
    Spot on, sir. There's another thread called 'Flaws Without Trolling' where the guy had to write a novel of qualifications to be taken seriously. I don't mind the bezel, never have. And since everything is gesture-based, it serves that function as well.
    03-21-13 07:24 PM
    Spot on, sir. There's another thread called 'Flaws Without Trolling' where the guy had to write a novel of qualifications to be taken seriously. I don't mind the bezel, never have. And since everything is gesture-based, it serves that function as well.
    You're in the same thread with a name change.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    03-21-13 07:28 PM
    My issue with the bezal is that you have phones that are more and more edge to edge and they work great. Eg: Motorola razr M. And when u have a blackberry with a "trade off" limitation, it seems like going edge to edge should be the desired outcome. It's just common sense.

In the end, i love the phone. I'm simply pointing out what i wish were different that would make me love it more.

03-21-13 07:31 PM
    When u see the black version of the phone off, it looks sweet... And also looks like the screen is much larger than what it is. Once u see it on, u lose a lot of real estate in every direction. And in the white verizon, it's even more visible.

03-21-13 07:32 PM
    You're in the same thread with a name change.
    What?
    03-21-13 08:01 PM
    What?
    This is the "flaws without trolling" thread. A mod changed the name.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    03-21-13 08:49 PM
    It would suck to have the screen go edge to edge! Imagine the random screen touches with you hand. Random app launches and stuff. It was really annoying on my 9790 as it was!

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 09:29 PM
    It would suck to have the screen go edge to edge! Imagine the random screen touches with you hand. Random app launches and stuff. It was really annoying on my 9790 as it was!

Posted via CB10
    I don't think going edge to edge would cause that problem. I've never heard anyone complain of this with any other phone out there, be it android or iOS. It's just something that maybe can be corrected in a future BB10 phone. I'm not mad about it, its just something to point out that could be improved. And I'm still likely going to get the Q10 when it comes to Verizon. Although I do have to say, if I see another ridiculous logo on the front, I may just rebel against Verizon out of spite! (jk... well, maybe)
    03-22-13 04:46 PM
    I don't think going edge to edge would cause that problem. I've never heard anyone complain of this with any other phone out there, be it android or iOS. It's just something that maybe can be corrected in a future BB10 phone. I'm not mad about it, its just something to point out that could be improved. And I'm still likely going to get the Q10 when it comes to Verizon. Although I do have to say, if I see another ridiculous logo on the front, I may just rebel against Verizon out of spite! (jk... well, maybe)
    What phone out now or coming does not have a bezel around the screen?
    03-22-13 06:44 PM
    the Q10 is a portrait only device.
    I dunno, there may be some people that prefer to type in landscape on the Q10

Heheh
    03-23-13 04:14 PM
    What phone out now or coming does not have a bezel around the screen?
    Zero bezel? None. What does that have to do with the q10 having "too" much bezel?

03-23-13 05:29 PM
    Zero bezel? None. What does that have to do with the q10 having "too" much bezel?

Ok. What phone out now or coming has an "edge to edge screen" as you say?
    03-23-13 05:54 PM
    Razr line, htc one, iphone5, sg3 and 4 all have close to no side bezel.

03-23-13 06:47 PM
    Razr line, htc one, iphone5, sg3 and 4 all have close to no side bezel.

So let me get this straight. First you wanted the screen edge to edge. But what you really want is for the bezel on the Q10 to be thinner.
    Last edited by WillHeSurvive; 03-26-13 at 09:12 AM.
    03-23-13 08:10 PM
    There is no edge to edge screen. What is happening right now is that the thrend is going "toward" edge to edge. The q10 took it a bit back a notch, especially since they cut it already for a keyboard. Make sense or do I need to use smaller words? =)

03-23-13 08:42 PM
    There is no edge to edge screen. What is happening right now is that the thrend is going "toward" edge to edge. The q10 took it a bit back a notch, especially since they cut it already for a keyboard. Make sense or do I need to use smaller words? =)

Check the title of YOUR THREAD!
    03-23-13 08:53 PM
    Check the title of YOUR THREAD!
    The mods changed it to that. It was originally named "flaws without trolling"

03-23-13 09:13 PM
    BB10 screen not edge-to-edge-mwc13-blackberry-q10-09.jpg
    These bezels are too thick?
    03-24-13 08:10 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mwc13-blackberry-q10-09.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	113.0 KB 
ID:	143462
    That black Q.....I can't wait
    03-24-13 09:23 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mwc13-blackberry-q10-09.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	113.0 KB 
ID:	143462
    On the white one yes. I understand that it's the same phone, but the black one hides it so much better. Look, in the end, you don't have to agree with me.

03-24-13 09:38 AM
    Kinda sad that you need to type out three paragraphs for fear of being labeled a troll....these boards need to relax a bit if BB is ever to be taken seriously...other forums are talking about life improving applications or applications of the phone, while we are still bickering about where your allegiance stands.
    Quite honestly I doubt it. There is nothing vitriolic about not liking a design. Now, if OP would have said, "this design is so stupid. Who does BBRY think they are??? My Android....doesn't do this, blah blah blah". Then yes, the torch bearers would come in full force. Both ways, people need to relax. EVERY board has their loud children. There is one on the WP boards about BB10 that would blow your mind.

As for the phones, I suggest folks just wait until they can play with them both in their own hands. I won't make a decision until I can.
    03-24-13 12:32 PM
    Well my goal was to get solid opinions. I could care less who gets angry on here, but then it wouldn't produce any productive views. But i also realize that any post at it's face value can be perceived as trolling when no one knows your true intent. So to avoid none sense, I added my supportive view as well.

03-24-13 01:01 PM
81 1234