Hi guys,

Yesterday bought a new q10 and have many questions.
    When turning wifi all BB services works fine but when only on 3g BB services stops working !
    Internet also not working.
    Also i tried to register host, in previous bb models you can find it in advanced setting menu, but cant find it in q10.

What you suggest to do,?
    05-11-13 03:22 AM
    The Q10 does not use BlackBerry services. You need to have a "regular" Internet data plan without BlackBerry service (not necessary anymore)

Posted via CB10
    Tryptomine likes this.
    05-11-13 03:26 AM
    But i have a BIS services and Bis unlimited internet traffic. Should i switch it off ??? But what the point if all data will be going thru regular channel not secured as it was with BIS ?
    05-11-13 03:33 AM
    BIS service is irrelevant with the new BlackBerrys (Z and Q).
    It's still encrypted, BBM at least. You don't need to pay for BIS services anymore.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    Tryptomine likes this.
    05-11-13 03:35 AM
    BIS service is irrelevant with the new BlackBerrys (Z and Q).
    It's still encrypted, BBM at least. You don't need to pay for BIS services anymore.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    wait a second
    i can cancel the BIS Service? and BBM and other things will still work?
    05-11-13 04:43 AM
    Yes, indeed.
    s0cializam likes this.
    05-11-13 04:55 AM
    thats great. thanks.

Yes, indeed.
    takeo likes this.
    05-11-13 04:56 AM
    Hi guys,

Yesterday bought a new q10 and have many questions.
    When turning wifi all BB services works fine but when only on 3g BB services stops working !
    Internet also not working.
    Also i tried to register host, in previous bb models you can find it in advanced setting menu, but cant find it in q10.

What you suggest to do,?
    Need to cancel the BIS and only have a data contract.
    The Z and Q are both secure, more secure then most other devices on the market, loads of threads in the forum about it

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    s0cializam likes this.
    05-11-13 05:03 AM
    Don't be too quick to cancel BIS without asking your carrier if it is needed. Some carriers still require a BlackBerry Plan on the Z10 and Q10. For example, Bell Canada.

If you are in a country that does not have the new phones released there, it may just be a network issue. The APN is set when the SIM is inserted and if your carrier does not support the OS10 phones yet, the phone may not get the correct APN set.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 05:45 AM
    Ok many thanks for the info.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 06:04 AM
    You can change the APN manually. There is no BIS. I'm sure even on Bell Canada, turning it off does not matter.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    05-11-13 06:10 AM
    Don't be too quick to cancel BIS without asking your carrier if it is needed. Some carriers still require a BlackBerry Plan on the Z10 and Q10. For example, Bell Canada.

If you are in a country that does not have the new phones released there, it may just be a network issue. The APN is set when the SIM is inserted and if your carrier does not support the OS10 phones yet, the phone may not get the correct APN set.

Posted via CB10
    I've seen other users report similar issues while the BIS contract is still active on the account

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    05-11-13 06:16 AM
    I have changed now the apn manually to the normal Internet apn.
    And bbm and all the other things are working correctly

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 06:41 AM
    As I expected

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    05-11-13 08:24 AM
    Everyone can keep the Blackberry Internet Services (BIS) if they already pay it. But it has no use for the Blackberry 10. Blackberry 10 use the regular internet services or any internet packet from the provider, but no more BIS needed.
    s0cializam likes this.
    05-11-13 08:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes you are right in Bahrain you can used normal Internet when you are on browser but any BBM come to you or you send it they will charge you if you don't have blackberry plan

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 09:11 AM
    Yes you are right in Bahrain you can used normal Internet when you are on browser but any BBM come to you or you send it they will charge you if you don't have blackberry plan

Posted via CB10
    This is why people really need to ask their carrier, not CrackBerry if they need some sort of BlackBerry plan.

For existing BlackBerry users, it really doesn't make any sense to take the BlackBerry services off their account if it is not costing any more than a normal plan and is working with the OS10 phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-13 09:28 AM
    I'm having the same problem as you did, how did you change the APN?
    Thanks

Farhana
    08-25-13 07:02 AM