Hi, I hope someone can help me with this issue. Ive just taken my brand new BB Q10 out of its box and gone through the set up. Its set Facebook up and everything looked ok. I got a notification on facebook but when I went to look at the comment it says "This post could not be loaded". Ive checked other notifications my friends and they load fine. This particular post is from a "FB for sale site". Someone has commented on my for sale post, they are not my friend and my Q10 just wont load it. Please tell me theres a way around this! I don't want to regret my BB already because I love BB's! P.S I have already uninstalled it and re-installed it and that hasn't worked, Ive also switched my phone off and that hasn't worked either. HELP!
    03-26-14 04:33 PM
    try to take the battery off, wait for few seconds and turn it back on.
    03-26-14 04:55 PM
    done that and its still saying this post could not be loaded. ive checked my fb settings and there all fine. My facebook on my BB just doesn't want to load these comments. There have been other comments on my fb post after this that ive seen on my computer but they haven't even shown up as a notification on my BB.....I didn't have this issue with my galaxy??
    03-26-14 05:02 PM
    Genuinely, the facebook app on ALL platforms is dogpoo. I have had trouble with it on most smartphones. I tend to just use the browser where it seems to work better - and I think we are all getting to the stage now that we don't want the constant nofications anyway!

Posted via CB10
    anon8430100 likes this.
    03-26-14 07:11 PM
    The feeds on the latest release of the FB app in BlackBerry World are definitely not working properly, and they haven't been for days. I'm sure someone is working on it, but it must be a major headache because they are getting a ton of bad reviews because of the glitch.

I have the Android version also loaded as a backup. It seems to be working fine. I prefer the native version for smooth UI, so will return when it is fixed.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    03-26-14 07:28 PM
    Is there a way to get facebook chat/messages notifications in the hub? I have my profile set-up in the hub but I never get any notifications from facebook about anything. I at least would like to message from the hub or get notified of an incoming message. Thanks in advance for help in this matter!!

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 05:47 AM
    Highflight88 did you side load the android version onto your bb? Can I do that on my q10 until they fix the BlackBerry version? Thanks
    03-27-14 10:31 AM
    Highflight88 did you side load the android version onto your bb? Can I do that on my q10 until they fix the BlackBerry version? Thanks
    @Rachael88, hopefully you are running OS 10.2.1.xxx, and then it's easy. The best way to obtain it is through the Snap app, which ties into Google Play. The only sideloading required is to initially get Snap on your Q10. There are some good tutorials on Crackberry for that. http://m.crackberry.com/how-use-snap...roid-apk-files
    Follow the instructions carefully. The only footnotes I would add to the above tutorial:
    1. Don't connect your Q10 to the computer until you have enabled Development Mode. If you do it in the wrong order, BBLink will take over and the steps following won't work.
    2. Once you have the Snap .BAR file on your computer and the Chrome open as described, you can drag the .BAR file over to the Install Apps box, and it will install.
    3. It's a good idea to exit Development Mode on your Q10 when all is done.
    4. Installing Snap using Sachesi instead of the above procedure is apparently easier, but I haven't tried it.

Once you have Snap, any Android downloads are about as easy as downloading native apps through BlackBerry World.
    1. Open Snap
    2. Search for Facebook
    3. Tap 'Download'
    4. When done, tap 'Open Installer'
    5. When done, tap 'Install' (notice the extra step compared to BBW)
    6. Permissions will have to be granted during the install. Android apps don't give you the ability to opt out: it's all or nothing.
    7. Open Facebook

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    03-27-14 11:20 AM
    Is there a way to get facebook chat/messages notifications in the hub? I have my profile set-up in the hub but I never get any notifications from facebook about anything. I at least would like to message from the hub or get notified of an incoming message. Thanks in advance for help in this matter!!

Posted via CB10
    Go to System Settings > Notifications > Customisation (Applications) > Facebook and set the All Alerts slider to On.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    03-27-14 11:28 AM
    Hi, I hope someone can help me with this issue. Ive just taken my brand new BB Q10 out of its box and gone through the set up. Its set Facebook up and everything looked ok. I got a notification on facebook but when I went to look at the comment it says "This post could not be loaded". Ive checked other notifications my friends and they load fine. This particular post is from a "FB for sale site". Someone has commented on my for sale post, they are not my friend and my Q10 just wont load it. Please tell me theres a way around this! I don't want to regret my BB already because I love BB's! P.S I have already uninstalled it and re-installed it and that hasn't worked, Ive also switched my phone off and that hasn't worked either. HELP!
    Some types of posts just don't load. I've seen this since BB5 and on the PB. Example, BB10 doesn't load posts when someone comments on facebook about my foursquare posts.

Post by 9of13's Q
    03-27-14 11:35 AM
    highflight88 - thanks for the links and steps - but when i come to put the ip address (to sideload snap) into chrome all it keeps saying is that the page is not available? can you help?
    03-27-14 02:36 PM
    highflight88 - thanks for the links and steps - but when i come to put the ip address (to sideload snap) into chrome all it keeps saying is that the page is not available? can you help?
    Rachaelh88,

1. I assume you have added the Google Chrome extension so that you see a BlackBerry icon next to the Chrome address bar?
    BB Q10 facebook issue-1.png
    2. When clicking on the icon, you are presented with a page 'BB10 / PlayBook App Manager Options'?
    BB Q10 facebook issue-2.png
    3. Enter the device IP in the top box and save (typically 169.254.0.1, but check Development Mode page to confirm)
    4. Click the hyperlink device address at the bottom of the Chrome page under 'Manage your device'
    BB Q10 facebook issue-3.png
    5. You should get the SSL Error page 'The site's security certificate is not trusted!' the first time, and click 'Proceed anyway'. If you instead see 'The webpage is not available', you have not reached your device. There are several possible reasons:
    BB Q10 facebook issue-4.png
    A. Development Mode is not enabled
    B. Development Mode was enabled after connecting the USB cable, so that BlackBerry Link or USB drive siezed control first.
    C. Your device was connected wirelessly to BBLINK before Development Mode (I think this can happen if the option is turned on in BBLINK, but not certain)
    D. The device IP address in Chrome BB10 App Manager does not match Development Mode address.

I would rule out one problem at a time. I had a few at the start, but now the process is very quick: about 30 s to do a new sideload.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    Last edited by HighFlight88; 03-27-14 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Add images
    03-27-14 03:24 PM
    hiya, development mode was enabled before usb cable was connected - but im not sure if it connected to BBlink wirelessly. the ip address matches the one in development mode. ive just realised i left out the last / in the ip address when putting in chrome. I did this and got to the security page, i pressed proceed anyway and now another error was come up..... 404 not found, it then lists my bb data with blue underline. i click on this and it says no data received
    03-27-14 03:51 PM
    hiya, development mode was enabled before usb cable was connected - but im not sure if it connected to BBlink wirelessly. the ip address matches the one in development mode. ive just realised i left out the last / in the ip address when putting in chrome. I did this and got to the security page, i pressed proceed anyway and now another error was come up..... 404 not found, it then lists my bb data with blue underline. i click on this and it says no data received
    Ah, I see part of the problem. You don't have to type in the IP address into the Chrome address bar. The only actions you need on the Chrome end are:
    1. Click the Blackberry Icon to the right of the address bar
    2. Enter the 'Device Hostname/IPs' in the box provided on the BB10/Playbook App Manager Option page that is presented
    3. Click the 'Save' button
    4. Click the IP address (in hyperlink form) under the 'Manage your device' text at the bottom of the page
    5. Click 'Proceed anyway' on the SSL Error page that is presented

If you've done the BB10 device setup correctly (i.e. Dev Mode on and correct IP address), you should arrive at the correct place.
    03-27-14 04:17 PM
    ive sorted it thanks, i was putting the wrong ip address in the hostname box. i put it fully as https:// etc so it was doubling it up in the address bar when it was trying to find it - thanks so much for your help and patience!!
    03-27-14 04:26 PM
    The next thing you should see is:
    BB Q10 facebook issue-5.png

Enter the device password. You will get a progress bar, and then:

BB Q10 facebook issue-6.png
    03-27-14 04:28 PM
    No problem :-)

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    03-27-14 04:33 PM
    honestly i really appreciate it. Ive missed my BB because ive had a samsung for ages and ive seen a lot of bad reviews for it....and with all the mess ive had with facebook and other stuff i was starting to regret buying it and i hated that i regretted it!! so im glad now its fixed one last thing - i dont suppose you know how to get some decent alarm tones do you? The ones on the q10 send me to sleep rather than wake me up!!! thanks in advance
    03-27-14 04:37 PM
    Well there's something our Samsung friends can't do: download an alternate app from BlackBerry World when the one in Google Play has a bug ;-)

If you select the 'Definite' alarm tone and set it to level 10, there is not doubt you will wake up. So will the rest of the house.

I haven't experimented with custom tones, but imagine it is possible.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    03-27-14 04:53 PM
    through snap ive downloaded an alarm tones app - its got some really good ones on there so ive got one from there. Ive now got an iphone remix alarm lol - much more alarm style than a few beeps like BB's 3! Thanks anyway
    03-27-14 05:15 PM
    one last thing - when there is an app update from an app ive got from snap does it give me a notification on my BB to say updates are available?
    03-27-14 05:19 PM
    one last thing - when there is an app update from an app ive got from snap does it give me a notification on my BB to say updates are available?
    Snap won't give you an update notification, you will just have to check periodically.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 05:54 PM
    ok thanks
    03-27-14 05:57 PM
    So I've seen this before. It's a settings issue but needs to be updated on Facebook on your computer. It stinks that this is the fix, but you need to allow for people to post to you even if you're not friends. By the sound of things, you have your settings in such a way where anyone can see the FB for Sale, but can't actually post. They'll post on their end by you as the end user have it set and won't receive it. Unfortunately, if you change the setting, then anyone can post anything without restriction. One thing that comes to mind is the "block from timeline setting". This way you'll get a notification and it will ask you if you want to allow it to post or not and you can make the decision. I'd try opening the browser on your device and go to https//www.facebook.com and then scroll down and select Full Version or Desktop Version or however it is phrased, go in and adjust your settings and you should be able to make the necessary changes there.

Don't give up! I have tons of friends who use various "selling sites" on Facebook with no problems on their BlackBerry's. You just have to get the settings correct. Easier said than done, but worth it to not have to switch devices when if it's a Facebook issue you'll have the same problem on any device. Good luck!
    03-27-14 06:03 PM
    try to take the battery off, wait for few seconds and turn it back on.
    Battery pulls are no longer necessary to a reset to BlackBerry 10 devices. A simple reset has been replaced holding in the volume up and volume down buttons at the same time for long enough (about 10 seconds) to get the screen to go black and the reset to start. If you let go to soon it will just take a screen shot. After the 10 second hold, it'll reset and hopefully resolve the issue that led you to needing the reset in the place.
    03-27-14 06:08 PM