Hi all.

I admit I haven't read all the threads about BB ID problems here at Crackberry, but I've been looking in almost every other place about this issue, stated above:

I updated my Q10 to BB 10.3.2.2836. Good so far. When the phone restarted, it prompted for my BB ID password, and apparently I created such a good password that I couldn't remember it, and though I remembered the answer to the security question, it wouldn't let me in.

So, I clicked the link to remove my BB ID, and got a confirmation email that it had been removed.

I recently got my (brand new) Q10, so no BBM-contacts or whatever got lost. Still, my old username (email-address) remains in my BB ID screen on my phone, and it still prompts me to sign in with my old password.

So, I went to blackberry.com and created a new ID with the same email-address, without any problems, hoping this would somehow solve it.

I tried to input the new password for my newly created ID in my Q10, but it seems it still wants me to confirm the old account, with the old password. Before I removed the old ID I input the wrong password 10 times, so the 15-minutes-to-wait started.

I did confirm the new ID with my email-address, and I did restart my Q10. I didn't have the BB Protect activated, so the phone works and starts fine, it's really just the BBM and BB World that wants me to set up BB ID.

I'm btw new to the whole world of Blackberries (just got my Q10 yesterday), so I hope this makes any sense.

Thanks in advance,
    Ben
    02-05-16 04:58 PM
    You're in deep guano. With 10.3.2xxx comes new security that requires you to know your original ID or there is no way to get into your phone. If you can't think of it, your only option is to return to BBerry along with proof that you are the legal owner of the phone.

And no, you can't change the ID w/o using the original.
    02-05-16 10:33 PM
    Hi and thanks for the reply!

Yes, I've read this at several sites. But, the thing is, that I DO get into the phone, no problem. And, when I made the initial setup, I didn't turn on the BB Protect function.

I've also read that you CAN do this, i.e. remove an ID with the original email and then create a new one. I think I've read that here, or at blackberry.com. So, I have done things the "proper way" I believe.

Also, when I tried to input the old password BEFORE I created the new ID, it locked the ID-function for 15 minutes (like normal), but now when I've created the new ID, which I've got confirmed and all to my email-address, and I enter the new password, nothing happens. I can press the "verify"-button, but nothing happens.

Any thoughts?

Thanks again,
    Ben
    02-06-16 12:05 AM
    What exactly do you mean by "I Do get into the phone"? If you turned BBerry protect OFF, I believe, you needed to input your original ID. How could you do that of you've forgotten it?
    02-06-16 09:06 AM
    Hi again.

Sorry, I realized I didn't explain everything properly in the first post. When I first set up the phone, I didn't activate the Protect function, and it wasn't activated I guess after I updated the OS either. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to even log into the phone (?) without the right password... But that was what I meant with that I "get into the phone". It's ONLY Blackberry World and BBM and such, that needs the Blackberry ID, that I didn't get to set up properly without my ID.

BUT. It worked out! I searched for a bit more, and found two threads in the blackberry.com supportforum (sorry, can't post links since I'm new here), about verifying and resetting BB ID passwords, and the guys in those threads had the exakt same issue as me, and they solved it!

Apparently, I DID remove the ID in the right way, and also did I manage to create my new ID in the right way, and the only issue was that the phone was "registered" with the first ID screen name I created, and didn't sync with my new ID. So, the solution was to do a Security wipe, via Blackberry Link. And it worked! I am so very happy, I ALMOST started to loose it when I realized that I may have turned my new q10 into a paperweight! I'll write my password down this time, be sure of that....

Thanks, have a nice day!
    /Ben
    02-06-16 01:28 PM
    Hi for All! I think it's my situation ))))
    in system settings - Blackberry Protect is OFF
    I mean "I Do get into the phone"? - example:

-if I try to install App in blackberry world, system opens authorization form with default my first email (with lost password)/ I try input new BBID but it's not accept. system again opens authorization form with default my first email

-if i try change in System settings - BlackBerry ID the same situations
    But in System setting icons - about - category - Hardware - PIN - it's my new account
    How to resolve it?

I am bought App on my first account it's first reason for restore it, and second reason: device can't be used install and update application for BB world. I bay pebble time round and whanted connecting BBhub

I am forgotten password becouse too mach acconts in different system, and only BBID system is first where i can't do this usaly all what i need - just bush the button fogotten passord and check mail or SMS.
    02-06-16 02:49 PM
    Try this, it is from the BlackBerry website when you search "Blackberry 10 ID forgot password"

https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/...coverpassword/
    02-06-16 02:57 PM