Hey all,

Good morning/afternoon/evening,

I'm having some issues with my phone. It's getting really annoying and I've tried resets, clean wipes, and nothing works. First off, ISSUE ONE: texting. I don't even text anymore because of this bug. When someone texts me, I get it. I can see what they wrote in my HUB(first few words of a sentence/long text), but when I click on it. I get a BLANK screen with their name at the top. But NO TEXT is shown. This has been going on for too long, and it's gotten so bad I don't text anyone anymore. Strictly BBM or other social media(FB, twitter or email). Why hasn't BlackBerry fixed this yet? I know I'm not the only one.
    ISSUE TWO: facebook notifications. Highly delayed at best. My last BlackBerry I owned, the Bold 9780 - was INSTANT. No delays, not even a second. Sometimes I'd get it on my Berry before it would should up on facebook lol. This is a huge issue. I expect my device to work anytime of the day, all day long - correctly may I add. When I don't get a notification it may not be the end of the world. But when I'm making plans with someone, and they message me on facebook, and when I don't get it in time it delays everything. It's annoying. Yet again, no fix from BlackBerry on this(don't blame facebook - their app works correctly on any other device, Android, iOS or WP8).
    ISSUE THREE: when I actually do respond to a TEXT, or better yet to a BBM message. I want to be able to click the message from my HUB or from BBM, and just start typing away. But, I can't do this. Why? Because every time I open the message and type - let's say someone says something stupid, and I start responding with "WTF", T is a shortcut to go to the top of the message. This is handy, but annoying. Why can't we have a function key and then hit Function+T. Most of the time I have to click the box to type a message, and it's so sensitive that I have to hit inside the box, not a few pixels away. I know I sound very picky. But I'm on my device a LOT. So these issues are warranted.
    ISSUE FOUR: Trackpad. Glad it's coming back. The Q20 will be what the Q10 should of been. But for god sake Blackberry, I don't want another 1:1 aspect ratio screen. 4:3 anyone? Look how tall the HTC One M8 is, and it's fine. But, back to the issue. COPY & PASTE. It's a headache, I know it can't be changed now because of how the phone's constructed. But please do it properly for the Q20. I miss the copy and paste function on my BB 9780.
    ISSUE FIVE: last but not least, dialing. Offer the setting that allows me to go right into the dialpad when I open up my phone app. Actually. Offer more customization options for EVERYTHING. Let me customize the phone to make it unique to me. This includes THEMES. Black/White is nice, but why not RED, or BLACK AND RED, or make it customizable. Think WP8 but beyond. I'm thinking of doing some mock ups.

These may not be an issue to some, or most. But for someone who uses the Q10 as much as I do it is. Anyone have any remedies, please feel free to share!
    George_B likes this.
    04-02-14 03:04 PM
    You might should have returned and replaced the phone. Most of these are not bugs..
    04-02-14 03:49 PM
    Issue 5: you have a keypad right infront you at all times...

Posted via CB10
    Korr Valmoria likes this.
    04-02-14 05:56 PM
    Did the OP just compare the 1:1 screen to the HTC M8?
    Seems like BlackBerry is not the device for you.
    If you're not on contract, I'd recommend you to switch to a new device.
    04-02-14 06:17 PM
    Issue 1: since you don't use your text messages. Delete them all. Just go to hub select text messages. Then tap and hold on the date. Select delete prior. After that try texting. I bet it helps.

Issue 5: don't open the phone app. Just start typing the number it will automatically come up from the search and tap call. 8885551212.

Posted from my awesome Q10
    04-02-14 06:39 PM
    1: If the SMS string is too long it can take a long time to load. I've deleted a few strings to clear out the backlog so it doesn't take so long to load. Is that what you mean?

3: This isn't an issue for me. Unless you're saying that you click on the toast notification and then can't just start typing immediately. If that's what you mean, then I agree and I wish they'd fix this issue. But when I open a text in the hub it puts the cursor in the text box automatically so that I can start typing a message right away.
    04-02-14 09:17 PM
    I relate to you 100% with the text message issues. I should not have to delete my conversation just so I can text without waiting a minute. I really wish BlackBerry would fix that.

Posted via CB10
    Bobert_123 and mikecosmo like this.
    04-03-14 01:46 AM
    Have you ever installed a leak?

#1 has been solved in the past by removing all messages. It's slow because it's an error in data and parser is having issues. At least that's what I heard.
    04-03-14 01:51 AM
    ISSUE THREE: when I actually do respond to a TEXT, or better yet to a BBM message. I want to be able to click the message from my HUB or from BBM, and just start typing away. But, I can't do this. Why? Because every time I open the message and type - let's say someone says something stupid, and I start responding with "WTF", T is a shortcut to go to the top of the message. This is handy, but annoying. Why can't we have a function key and then hit Function+T. Most of the time I have to click the box to type a message, and it's so sensitive that I have to hit inside the box, not a few pixels away. I know I sound very picky. But I'm on my device a LOT. So these issues are warranted.
    ISSUE THREE: happen to me, too.

a FIX: when you are in a BBM Chat, FIRST press the ENTER Key, then you can start typing. Dont have to touch the box anymore.
    04-03-14 02:03 AM
    Software issues

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 04:33 AM
    Try security wipe.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 04:35 AM
    Reading this thread, makes me feel that I am on the twilight zone...

Posted via CB10
    George_B likes this.
    04-03-14 05:12 AM
    I've experience with the text screen being black and doesn't show any messages too, but I can put up with that.
    Has anyone tried changing the setting to save text messages on phone internal memory rather micro-SD or vice versa?

Would having a faster and new micro-SD help? I need some testers!!!!!
    04-03-14 11:16 AM