Switched back to using a Q10 full time. I rotate 3 batteries. Keep one in the phone, one at home and one at work.

I've always wall hugged, but now that I've tried this, it's great.

Posted via CB10
    TheAuthority likes this.
    03-28-16 12:00 PM
    i used to switch batteries in my Z10....now, if i need to do it i can in my LG G4. love having an extra battery to swap
    03-28-16 12:07 PM
    Same here since I use my device a lot.
    can't imagine to live with a non-replaceable battery smartphone.
    Last edited by xKingHopy; 03-29-16 at 04:03 AM.
    03-28-16 01:32 PM
    I think you will find only the choir in this chat!

Swapping batteries is fabulous and do not understand really, why, it was deemed to be a worse option by the masses.
    Last edited by playfoot; 03-31-16 at 12:54 AM. Reason: typo
    03-29-16 03:50 AM
    Let's have more battery swapping testimonials!

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 05:31 PM
    I always carry spare battery in my bag.. Q10 still rocks..

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 09:09 PM
    Agree totally for replaceable batteries. Unfortunately the USB port is a weak/fragile area on mobile devices. BlackBerry is no different than others in this area. Use care when plugging USB.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 09:29 AM
    yes I agree removable batteries are better than sealed ones, that's why I will keep my 9900's and Q10 going for many years by fitting a new battery when the original one is failing or the USB port breaks and cannot charge the phone, I still use my 10 year old Nokia because I can fit a new battery when needed.
    03-31-16 01:49 PM
    It's great to lose no momentum or productivity. I lose the two minutes it takes to reboot the phone, that's it.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 05:47 PM
    Honestly, the only reason I like removable batteries is for the longevity of the phone (batteries degrade).

But on a day to day basis, my Passport is incredible. I EASILY make a day (and a half if I need to).
    03-31-16 06:39 PM
    I used to carry around a spare battery when I had a Bold 9900. That battery was atrocious. The Q10 battery was much better, so I didn't have to swap any batteries with that.

Now I use Quick Charging 2.0 on my Priv to keep me going throughout the day if I use YouTube or Snapchat heavily.

Posted via the BlackBerry slider
    03-31-16 11:08 PM
    Switching batteries was great for my Q10 usage.
    Even though the Passport has a big battery, there have been instances (though not many) where I could've used a swap lol

Phones with removable batteries should have a small integrated battery, just so that the device could stay on while swapping batteries.

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    xKingHopy likes this.
    03-31-16 11:28 PM
    Are you teasing the next upgrade from the Q10? The next bb10 device has an internal battery?!
    (eye roll)

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 06:20 AM
    After so many battery swappings, don't you find the back cover becomes a bit loosen?
    04-02-16 08:34 AM
    No!
    04-02-16 12:25 PM
    After so many battery swappings, don't you find the back cover becomes a bit loosen?
    No difference from when it was new.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    04-02-16 02:41 PM
    I think you will find only the choir in this chat!

Swapping batteries is fabulous and do not understand really, why, it was deemed to be a worse option by the masses.
    more complex/expensive design, waterproofing headache, smaller batteries in the same sized phone, dropping phone and having the battery fly out

i still prefer interchangeable batteries, but i can understand the benefits to fixed batteries
    04-02-16 03:08 PM
    Yes, it loosens considerably. Eventually it is freefloating, requiring tape or a case. The Q10 door is bad design.
    04-02-16 03:09 PM
    more complex/expensive design, waterproofing headache, smaller batteries in the same sized phone, dropping phone and having the battery fly out

i still prefer interchangeable batteries, but i can understand the benefits to fixed batteries
    There are solutions to the issues you mention above.

Don't get your device wet (I have managed to keep all my cell phones from becoming wet since 1989).

Don't lose your grip of your phone, then there is no impact and resulting "flying battery" to contend with, or additional damage.

bbnrs likes this.
    04-02-16 07:28 PM
    Yes, it loosens considerably. Eventually it is freefloating, requiring tape or a case. The Q10 door is bad design.
    As I mentioned earlier, no difference in the security of the battery door in over three years and that is after swapping batteries and SD cards regularly.

bbnrs likes this.
    04-02-16 07:30 PM
    Thanks for the answers.

I have acquired an extra battery as well, but I'm still wondering about the benefits of changing it or just charge it (we don't even need a plug on the wall for that).

It's interesting that different people have different experiences with the back cover. Perhaps you handle it differently? Any special trick to remove and put it back safely?
    04-03-16 06:09 AM
    Thanks for the answers.

I have acquired an extra battery as well, but I'm still wondering about the benefits of changing it or just charge it (we don't even need a plug on the wall for that).

It's interesting that different people have different experiences with the back cover. Perhaps you handle it differently? Any special trick to remove and put it back safely?
    In my case, I am very gentle with every item that I have ever purchased in my life and even more so with items that are not made of strengthened steel <g>. When I remove the battery cover on my Q10 I lay the device face down with the bottom facing away from me on a soft but sturdy surface and gently push down and away from me until the back is released from the case. When replacing the back, I hold the case in my left hand and carefully align the tabs on the back with the slots on the case and slide it into place.

bbnrs and iled like this.
    04-03-16 08:48 AM
    As I mentioned earlier, no difference in the security of the battery door in over three years and that is after swapping batteries and SD cards regularly.

That's simply amazing. And the complete opposite from my own experience. Maybe we can get another opinion. It's just plastic that holds the back cover in place. That plastic wears from friction.

There are solutions to the issues you mention above.

Don't get your device wet (I have managed to keep all my cell phones from becoming wet since 1989).

Don't lose your grip of your phone, then there is no impact and resulting "flying battery" to contend with, or additional damage.

How is that an appropriate response to what I wrote? You must be having a laugh.

The Q10 is my favorite BB10 phone, too, but you're not being realistic or thoughtful.
    04-03-16 09:06 AM
    That's simply amazing. And the complete opposite from my own experience. Maybe we can get another opinion. It's just plastic that holds the back cover in place. That plastic wears from friction.

* I agree with you in part, but it has been my experience over the three years with my device that the back has not become loose in that time period.

How is that an appropriate response to what I wrote? You must be having a laugh.

* I stated fact, as experienced first hand for decades with my cell phones.

The Q10 is my favorite BB10 phone, too, but you're not being realistic or thoughtful.
    I am being completely realistic in what I stated as fact. The fact that my experience differs from yours and others does not in any way infer that what you and others have not experienced issues with your devices. It does however point out that I have not experienced the same issues that you have, probably in part of the manner in which I take care of my property in a different manner than others do. I have been complimented by complete strangers and friends over the years for having every manner of equipment that were old in near perfect shape.

bbnrs likes this.
    04-03-16 11:07 AM
    Don't be cheap and buy an extra back cover!

Posted via CB10
    bbnrs likes this.
    04-06-16 09:04 AM
28 12