04-15-13 04:56 PM
54 123
tools
    this is great news ! i am excited and waiting for this phones , been using the 9780 for ages now hahaha ! q10 will be mine once its out !
    04-15-13 01:36 PM
    What have you been expexting? Like I already said in another thread: The Q10 battery has just a rough ~17% increase of capacity compared to the one used in the Z10. That of course is raw capacity. The hardware itself is the same, so you can't save energy due to different processors. The only following difference is obviously the screen, where the Q10 could show its strength.

As for the talk time, the display would be deactivated most of the time, it is impressive to see the Q10 got a ~35% improvement while just having ~17% higher battery capacity. Maybe there is an improvement hidden in 10.1?
    The standby-time on the other hand side really is roughly 17% longer compared to the Z and almost shows a 1:1 improvement considering the higher capacity.

You can't simply expect 50% or even double the battery life from just a rather small 300mAH increase. If the Q10 would offer a >2600mAH, we might could talk about such numbers, or at least think about it. But with just such a small increase of capacity, you just can't expect any miracles in raw data.
    I had been waiting to see the specs on the Q10 to weigh the battery life in choosing between the Q10 and Z10. Since the increase is only slight is now comes down to whether I want the bigger screen or the keyboard. I have tried out the Z10 in the U.S. carrier stores. My only concern about the Z10 and its suggested words over the keyboard was if I could read them. The words are tiny and in white over the virtual fret. My reading eyesight is a bit blurry and I didn't want to always have to fish for my reading glasses in order to text. The screen resolution helps but I still found myself straining a bit to make sure the hovering word was the one I wanted. I had read another comment that a different letter coloring might help to improve the contrast and help to make the word stand out against the keboard. I was very impressed with the speed in which it learned what I was typing. I typed the same sentence twice and by the time I was typing it for a third time it had learned the words and I was just swiping entire words to complete the whole sentence. I didn't have to type a single letter. Try it. "Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country." It's an old practice sentence when learning to type because it uses a lot of the alphabet to type it.
    04-15-13 03:49 PM
    I had been waiting to see the specs on the Q10 to weigh the battery life in choosing between the Q10 and Z10. Since the increase is only slight is now comes down to whether I want the bigger screen or the keyboard.
    You really should take BBRYs official numbers with a pinch of salt. First they only show standby-times as well as talk times. Both simply stuff where there isn't much going on. Second, take a look at the thrid number, which would be music playback. BBRY states the Q10 with 61 hours, while the Z10 gets 60 hours. That is completely off. You get not even 2% longer music playback on the Q. Why is that? That number is completely off. You should get somewhere between 66 and 70 hours out of the Q10, considering the Z can play 60 hours.

Last but not least the numbers don't really reflect real world usage. The strong points for expected battery performance are the combination of both the higher battery cap, as well as the new screen. The screen is smaller, so it should take less power from the bat. The screen is AMOLED, so you can actively help saving energy, BBRY supports this with introducing that dark theme for BB10.1, it also has a lower resolution which *might* also have an impact on battery performance, since maybe the processing units aren't stressed as much.
    04-15-13 04:10 PM
    What have you been expexting? Like I already said in another thread: The Q10 battery has just a rough ~17% increase of capacity compared to the one used in the Z10. That of course is raw capacity. The hardware itself is the same, so you can't save energy due to different processors. The only following difference is obviously the screen, where the Q10 could show its strength.

As for the talk time, the display would be deactivated most of the time, it is impressive to see the Q10 got a ~35% improvement while just having ~17% higher battery capacity. Maybe there is an improvement hidden in 10.1?
    The standby-time on the other hand side really is roughly 17% longer compared to the Z and almost shows a 1:1 improvement considering the higher capacity.

You can't simply expect 50% or even double the battery life from just a rather small 300mAH increase. If the Q10 would offer a >2600mAH, we might could talk about such numbers, or at least think about it. But with just such a small increase of capacity, you just can't expect any miracles in raw data.
    I was expecting/hoping for longer because of a number of unconfirmed reports of people getting huge battery life. (not that this is bad battery life...just not as good as people like the OP have been claiming)
    04-15-13 04:56 PM
54 123