Hey,

I wonder how much battery life you get with a single charge. I consider myself a pretty intense user, you can barely see me without chatting like crazy and I find the battery life a bit too low for me, it only lasts for about 8 hours. It can do 3+ days idling, so I assume it's indeed me draining it instead of a bad battery issue. 4G coverage is great so low signal shouldn't be an issue either but most of the times (at home, at girlfriend, at the university, etc) I'm on wifi anyway but I do have bluetooth turned on a lot, either connected to my purity pro headset or my blackberry music gateway, playing music through deezer. So please post your use-case and the battery life you can achieve with it cause I'm really interested. Also, does anyone know whether the mugen extended battery, the one that doesn't need a new battery door has issues displaying charge properly? I've heard with the 4400mAh one it shows 0% charge for hours before actually dying.

Thanks

edit: also, if any of you have the mugen 3000mAh battery case, would you mind posting some pictures of it? I wonder how thick it is and whether it's worth getting

edit2: also, i wonder whether it would be possible to use mugen 2200mAh extended battery + mugen 3000mAh battery case to get the most out of it
    Last edited by dvarnai; 05-08-14 at 10:53 PM.
    05-08-14 10:38 PM
    I've contacted Mugen support they said they didn't advise using both the extended battery and the battery case, not sure why though so I guess that answers that question.
    05-09-14 02:09 AM
    I'm averaging about 20 hours per charge, but I'm not doing all the stuff you're doing. In particular, I rarely use Bluetooth. I don't use Deezer either, but I gather it's a music streaming service. So those two things right there are going to add up to pretty intense battery drain.

I get and send a good amount of email, and I do some fairly light BBM. I listen to podcasts and music a fair amount, but the podcasts are generally downloaded at night when the phone is on the charger anyway. I use BPod, which can be set to do that, if left in an active frame. And a lot of my music listening is mp3s I have on my SD card, so not so much streaming.
    05-09-14 09:15 AM
    You'd be surprised, 10 hours of streaming music via Deezer through bluetooth barely uses 25% battery
    05-09-14 11:33 AM
    You'd be surprised, 10 hours of streaming music via Deezer through bluetooth barely uses 25% battery
    I am surprised! In that case, I don't know what else would explain the large difference in uptime we get per charge.
    05-09-14 01:48 PM
    I'm averaging about 12-16 hours on a charge. I use my phone a lot as a hotspot and I have 3 email accounts synced to it, so I'm answering emails throughout the day. I have Bluetooth on and make several calls throughout the day. I'd say I'm pretty happy with the battery life.

I was using a 10 and I had to carry an extra battery because I'd kill it in about 4 hours. Lol
    05-10-14 08:41 AM
    It's d�pend for me. I using my phone for twitter, an awful lot of text messaging, BBM, crackberry, Internet.. I have 6 mail synchronised on the phone but I have configured them to sync only once in 24 hours. It's not a problem because I receive my email instantly.

I'm not listening music, I don't use NFC or bluetooth.. I'm always on Wi-Fi, when I use the phone all the day non stop it last between 8 and 14 hours.

In fact, I have found that the browser is very negative for battery life. So if I use my phone all the day non stop but without the browser, it could last more than 10 hours easily.

I have setup the phone with a dark theme everywhere (a shame we can't do this for the HUB) I have a full black wall paper too for battery life and because I think it's good looking.

For example today, I have not use the phone so much, I just start to use it since 4pm and look the battery life.

Battery life with one charge-img_20140510_175459.png

And when I use the phone more intensively it's more like that

Battery life with one charge-img_20140509_234851.png

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 10:56 AM
    I don't know how you guys are getting all that charge time. I can't even get 6 hours idle from a full charge

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 12:05 PM
    I don't know how you guys are getting all that charge time. I can't even get 6 hours idle from a full charge

Posted via CB10
    6 hours idle? Now you are exaggerating, aren't you?

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    05-10-14 01:24 PM
    For me idle with 4G can last for 3+ days
    05-10-14 01:30 PM
    5 active BBM groups, 5 email accounts set up in the hub, Twitter with one account and Blaq with another, and Facebook all syncing. I stream radio and podcasts through Nobex and more music through Pandora (Android version. I always leave wifi and bluetooth on and stream youtube videos via miracast. I average 18 to 20 hours of battery life.

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on the mighty Qued! - Channel C003DAB77
    05-10-14 11:13 PM
    The biggest battery consumer is usually the screen. If you are doing something that doesn't use the screen you might barely do 3% an hour.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 11:17 PM
    5 active BBM groups, 5 email accounts set up in the hub, Twitter with one account and Blaq with another, and Facebook all syncing. I stream radio and podcasts through Nobex and more music through Pandora (Android version. I always leave wifi and bluetooth on and stream youtube videos via miracast. I average 18 to 20 hours of battery life.

18-20 hours ??? With the Q10 ? Wow

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 04:17 AM
    Interesting thread. My Q10 barely goes an hour without activity (my Exchange-Policy locks the device after 1 hour and most days I input the password in the morning and after switching the battery and thats more or less it (got it 6 days ago)). Gmail and MS Exchange account synced, not much calling (15-60 minutes a day). Lots of whatsapp and receiving some 20-50 mails a day, and the APK Whatsapp is also running most of the time. During the day I'm connected to wifis, but in the morning using the browser in the subway without wifi in my experience is draining the battery quite heavily.
    Battery lasts me through a business day (10-13hours, but I try to avoid discharging it below 20%), then I pop in the battery from the charger bundle and am set for the evening. Quite rarely that I charge the battery through the phone itself, I love that it's always available.

I have a question: Yesterday evening I put in a charged battery, then had a 80 minutes phone call (through blueooth headset). Is a 20% battery drain here normal? And the device monitor says 33% Display, 31% System, 22% Standby and 10% Browser. I take the display draining, browser is ok too I guess but is it normal that "System" uses so much? What falls under System? And what falls under Standby? Tonight I set the phone to bedside mode (I normally dont), does this have an influence?
    05-11-14 04:47 AM
    ... Yesterday evening I put in a charged battery, then had a 80 minutes phone call (through blueooth headset). Is a 20% battery drain here normal?

... Tonight I set the phone to bedside mode (I normally dont), does this have an influence?
    Subscribed to learn the answers. (Here's a bump while I'm here.)

An 80 minute phone call is a long call. I would think it's normal, but Q10 literature and spec sheets boast of "up to 12 hours talk time." I would think that network signal strength would have a lot to do with it and that with weaker signal strength you'd get less battery life. Not sure, though ...

Setting your phone in bedside mode shouldn't result in less battery life than usual unless you normally turn your phone off at night. In bedside mode your phone is on. It just means you won't get any notifications unless you've selected the option to allow phone calls
    05-11-14 07:52 AM
    6 hours idle? Now you are exaggerating, aren't you?

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    No I'm being serious lol

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 07:59 AM
    18-20 hours ??? With the Q10 ? Wow

Posted via CB10
    I have an Otterbox Defender with the holster. When I'm not using the phone, it's in the holster which has a magnet and puts it to sleep. I'm thinking that this is increasing my battery life.

05-13-14 03:44 PM
    I just got my Q10 and have a Z10 too. Will wait and see about the battery life on the Q10 is. I get 10-12 hours on my Z10 and am expecting better battery life on the Q10. So far it is just a little better. Might take time to settle?

Sent from my Q10 or Z10.
    05-13-14 04:28 PM