Well im having problems with my Q10's battery life I find that when I take it off the charger in the morning around 830-9 and start to use it for mostly bbm my battery life somewhats drops, (NORMAL right?). Now if I take a phone calls for even 10-20ish mins it really starts to drop, im mostly on 4G telus doesn't let me pick 3G anymore like my 9780 did, I've turned down the brightness to its lowest, charged every refresh rate I could, fb,twitter are hardly ever used or open for this reason, the only active frames I have open are BBM, whatsApp and thats it, I do get some emails not a lot maybe 20-30 max (one email account), now going back to phone calls I've noticed it gose down about 10 or so % with a call lasting a few mins, and yesterday I left my house using wifi for most of the day, had 61% battery life, only used bbm for about an hour or so on 4G while out and it went down to 50%-52% in just that time, am I missing something I've heard such great things about battery life on the Q10 lasting hrs 18+ for most and I can barely make it though the day with hardly any use im on software 10.1.0.273, OS version 10.1.0.1720 official release, (I guess it showed up the first day or getting phone), please help if there is something I can do to get better battery life id appreciate it

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 12:57 AM
    phone has battery issues even though everyone will tell you the contrary. Just many people here drinking the koolaid
    devilxvergil likes this.
    06-17-13 01:07 AM
    What's your signal strengths in the places u usual frequent? That can dran your battery a lot.... also whatsapp drains the crap outta battery that I never have it in an avtive frame just reply through hub

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 01:08 AM
    I seem to have full bars everywhere I go, also if I close whatsApp out of active frames I dont seem to get any alerts (doesn't ring) to let me know I've got a message, only when I open the app, am I missing something here?

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 01:11 AM
    Experiencing similar issues.

I take the phone off charge at 8:45, use it for a few bbm's, little browsing and an hour later I've lost 15% Similar usage on my iP5 resulted in a drain of around 10% and I expected the BlackBerry to be better. Everywhere I read people are saying it's awesome and I've not really experienced that. After a short 6 hour day I'm down to less that 10% with what I would call heavy use - regular bbm/email/sms and occasional browsing.

I'm running 10.1.2309 which is the latest available. One active frame open - BeBuzz. Brightness set to low. I was hoping the battery life would improve as the phone 'settled' although I don't understand that concept. This hasn't really happened.

I've ordered the battery bundle pack and I'm glad to have the option of doing that, but was hoping for better life...

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 01:55 AM