Since the last couple of days, the battery of my BlackBerry Q10 is behaving weird.
    The handset heats up suddenly, the battery is draining fast and takes a hell lot of time to charge.
    Can someone please help me out.?

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 12:39 PM
    Happened to me after the BBVE app apeared in updates, tried deleting apps, adjusting sync intervals...it went away after I did a battery pull just after I deleted whatsapp...can't say exactly what the cause was, no one appeared to have a definitive answer last I checked.

Q10 SQN100-3/10.2.1.1925
    04-30-14 01:33 PM
    Look in Device Monitor - what it using the battery the most? If 3rd party, can it be deleted and re-installed?
    Reboot
    Delete any new apps
    Delete all accounts, and re-install them
    Backup > Secuirty Wipe > Restore
    Backup > Secuirty Wipe > no restore
    Backup > use a newer "leak" (or older)
    Have a spare battery to test... if not get one.
    04-30-14 01:37 PM
    Check your sync settings on email accounts. I had one trying to constantly sync and was draining my battery in about 2 hours. I turned on airplane mode for about 5 minutes and turned it off again and all is fine.
    What os are you running? I only had this problem when I was running stock from verizon back in October. Haven't had the problem since I updated to 10.2

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 03:02 PM
    Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2947

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 03:09 PM
    after the firmware upgrade, the battery drain was erratic in the first 48 hours.

I carefully monitored till drained and charge to full for three cycles. after that its ok again. I guess its the os settling in.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 07:01 PM
    Mine is getting worse
    Battery Heating and Draining quickly-img_20140430_195920.png

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 07:10 PM
    I had this issue with my ATT Q10 roaming in China/HK. I turned off the location services and the phone is back to normal.

PS. What is BBEV? Can I delete it?

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 10:05 AM
    Seems there are several reasons for this and most are because a message is stuck somewhere.
    05-01-14 10:19 AM
    Happen to my Q10 recently. Did a factory reset and everything fine aftr that.

------Forever in time------
    05-01-14 10:40 AM
    I've had this problem too for the past couple of days. Battery was real bad then that got fixed. But it's at it again and now it's heating up, when I check the device monitor it's always the screen. I have it to the lowest setting and I always have a dark almost black wallpaper. Any help? Please and thank you.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 267602
    Last edited by untitled80; 05-03-14 at 06:32 PM.
    05-03-14 05:30 PM
    To get rid of the overheating and battery draining issue, I finally loaded Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.3175 which was leaked yesterday. The device was working properly. But I had to restore the setting using BlackBerry Link for getting my data of password keeper.
    Again facing the same issue of heating and battery drain.
    What can be done now???

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 01:48 PM
    There is no option of only restoring specific data, the whole setting backup needs to be restored : (

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 01:49 PM
    I had this issue with my ATT Q10 roaming in China/HK. I turned off the location services and the phone is back to normal.

Yes. Also, anytime you are in an area with low or nonexistent wireless coverage, your battery usage will go way up as the device is constantly seeking a signal.

In such cases it is always better to just turn off the wireless radio until you are back in a coverage area. BlackBerry has no local sales offices or carrier partners that I know of in China or HK.
    andy957 likes this.
    05-06-14 02:42 PM
    Every since I have updated to 10.2 on AT&T my battery barely lasts 8 hours. It is quite frustrating actually. Everyone says to wait it out because it will get better, but how long do I have to wait?
    05-06-14 02:50 PM
    Have AT&T with 10.2 on Q10. Battery performance has gotten better since initial download. Now lasts about 3 days, but I power down when sleeping.
    Power up am and watch "Device Monitor," to get an idea what is happening battery wise.
    Last edited by bbnrs; 05-06-14 at 03:23 PM. Reason: double entry
    05-06-14 03:12 PM
    My battery is doing alright now, no more heating up. I'm sure it was the update as well.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 04:02 AM
    I had the same problem with battery overheating and draining, never did any OS update, tried deleting apps, changing sync intervals, if you ask me it's a wild goose chase and no one knows the answer, try any method listed, nothing is guaranteed at this stage...a battery pull fixed it for me, try that 3 times then spin around and touch the ground see if that helps

Q10 SQN100-3/10.2.1.1925
    kbz1960 and JesseBabe23 like this.
    05-07-14 07:31 AM
    I had the same problem with battery overheating and draining, never did any OS update, tried deleting apps, changing sync intervals, if you ask me it's a wild goose chase and no one knows the answer, try any method listed, nothing is guaranteed at this stage...a battery pull fixed it for me, try that 3 times then spin around and touch the ground see if that helps

Battery pulls can cause problems, you can do an orderly hard reset without dumping the power. See below.

With OS 10.2.1, the Device Monitor makes it very easy to see what is using battery power, that should be the first place people using 10.2.1 should look to see where the battery drain is coming from. Sometimes it comes as a surprise what is sucking power. (ie certain battery-hogging apps, or things like "PIM Services" which often means corrupted contact or calendar or social media records trying to sync, which can often be fixed by deleting and re-adding all your social media and/or Hub accounts.)

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...device-927512/
    05-07-14 08:12 AM
    Every since I have updated to 10.2 on AT&T my battery barely lasts 8 hours. It is quite frustrating actually. Everyone says to wait it out because it will get better, but how long do I have to wait?
    If it's been more than a few days, it's probably not "OS settling" that is the culprit.

See my post above - Device Monitor is your friend.
    05-07-14 08:14 AM
    Thank you Omnitech, for the tips on PIM. I deleted social media for one day and the battery life improved a lot. Probably some of those social media apps were trying to sync and it drained the battery. Now whenever I stopped browsing for a while, Device Monitor told me my batter will last for 16 hours or even 1 day. Of course I never put down my Q10!

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech likes this.
    05-07-14 08:09 PM
    I recently switched to outlook for syncing my contacts from google , can this be the reason for overheating & battery drain ?
    05-08-14 02:07 AM
    I recently switched to outlook for syncing my contacts from google , can this be the reason for overheating & battery drain ?
    You mean you stopped using Google and started using Outlook.com??

Actually the default connection method used by Outlook.com (Exchange ActiveSync) is much more battery efficient than the default connection method used by Gmail/Google. (IMAP) Especially if you are syncing many folders.

There are probably other variables related to that change that are more likely responsible for the difference that you are seeing.

Please remember that, for example, the "forever" email syncing option should be used only when absolutely necessary. If you have a very high number of messages in your inbox that you are trying to synchronize, this will cause problems.

Same thing with a very high number of contacts - ie thousands. Particularly if you are allowing the system to link them and/or if you have have the contacts option "Use cloud services to find more info about the contacts that you add to the Contacts app" enabled.
    05-08-14 02:27 AM
    still cant get rid of this overheating issue, shall i load the OS again ?
    05-08-14 02:30 AM
    still cant get rid of this overheating issue, shall i load the OS again ?
    People here have given you already many different suggestions and it seems like you didn't listen to most of them.

The FIRST thing you need to do is post a screenshot of the Device Monitor set to "Battery" tab, for either 12 or 24 hour period setting, so we can see what it is that is using battery over that time period.

Please do not waste your time or anyone else's time here before you provide that information, because you are just randomly stabbing in the air without some actual data to base your choices on.

Thanks.

(PS: if you install a new OS using an autoloader you make this problem WORSE for potentially up to several days, because the new OS install uses a huge amount of battery power to sync and index and cache data after it is initially installed.)
    05-08-14 03:21 AM
43 12